Sign in to follow this  
Iberis

Rifts?

I realise that Rifts are not part of WU and I'm unsure whether or not they plan to be included in the future.

However all of the creatures and items are already there in the code. Does anyone know how hard it may be or if it's possible for a mod to be made by us the community to add rift events and loot to the game ourselves?

Or is it coming soon and therefore no need to work on something like this?

• Like 1

AFAIK they don't plan to include rifts in WU ever.

I currently have something almost finished for my server and might publicly release it later, though it doesn't follow WO mechanics (no waves, points, etc. one permanent location.), mostly because i don't like them. It also mixes valrei stuff along with rift stuff (so the various valrei mobs and moonmetal boulders will spawn along with the rift mobs and trees/rocks/crystals).

Edited by bdew
  • Like 4

They will not add them, it was worded that Rifts were to be a WO exclusive feature meant to continue to draw people to the official servers.

Even if it is something similiar to rifts, I would be very interested. Would be nice to add a method of collecting rift material for making runes onto WU servers along with a chance for the players to fight the rift mobs :)

Would you do it so that there is still a chance to earn rift loot straight into inventories like on WO? Like the shoulderpads? Plus the moonmetal at the end? Though I guess if you are adding moonmetal boulders to the rift area that would cover that.

as GM you can add in rift lairs so that rift mobs will spawn just like other mobs with a lair do. as for adding in rift craft items, Friya did a mod that can do that.

On 07.05.2017 at 8:54 PM, Nomadikhan said:

They will not add them, it was worded that Rifts were to be a WO exclusive feature meant to continue to draw people to the official servers.