Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[BETA] 3D Stuff, AKA "Putting stuff on tables"

7 hours ago, Rand_al_Thor said:

Morning from across the pond,

Would it be possible to have surfaces be placeable on top of surfaces? For example, BSB's being placed on BSB's on top of BSB's to create a shelf of sorts.

At the moment no.

1 hour ago, Elsa said:

Will this mod still works after 1.7 comes active? 

My current plan is to have the mod integrate with some parts of the vanilla version (like placing items with the mouse) and override/replace other parts. A new version for the beta will be out in the next few days, stay tuned.

• Like 2

v0.15 for WU beta 1.7.0.0

The mod has been integrated with the vanilla system, extending and replacing parts of it as needed.

Note: Currently the mod doesn't support adding it to a server that already has item placed on top of other items with the vanilla system added in 1.7. 

Key differences from the vanilla system:

• Works with items that also act as actual containers (e.g. bedside table, chests, barrels, etc.)
  • More interactions available with items on top of other items (e.g. if you put a chest on a table you can open it and interact with the content)
  • Can place items without selecting a position with the mouse (activate item, right click container, put on top) - this allows more easier access to higher surfaces that you can't normally target with the mouse
  • Placed items can be moved using push/pull/turn etc - this is in addition to being able to place with the mouse
  • Less limitations on size of items that can be placed
  • All containers can be planted and locked and that will provide security to placed items
  • Many more items can have stuff on top of them, and new items can be easily added using a config file

Key differences from older versions of the mod:

• Can now place items with the mouse (vanilla Place action), supports placing items on different parts of the container (e.g. shelfs)
  • Added open fireplace, open bookshelf (both types), bar table
  • The way data is stored has been reworked, this shouldn't affect existing items - they will be seamlessly updated while the server is running.

Download: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/tag/v0.15-beta1700

19 hours ago, bdew said:

Note: Currently the mod doesn't support adding it to a server that already has item placed on top of other items with the vanilla system added in 1.7.

Does this mean that we can't use it if we already have items on top of other items anywhere on the server?  We have probably hundreds or even thousands of items already placed on top. Would we have to try to get every player to find each item and take it down?

13 minutes ago, Batta said:

Does this mean that we can't use it if we already have items on top of other items anywhere on the server?  We have probably hundreds or even thousands of items already placed on top. Would we have to try to get every player to find each item and take it down?

If you have them placed using older versions of the mod you are OK.

If you have them placed using the vanilla mechanic (that's only available in 1.7.x.x which is now in beta) - that's not supported (for now).

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 10:03 AM, Batta said:

altar, wooden - 322 0.75 0.6 0.6 0 0

altar, stone - 323 0.6 0.6 0.75 0 0

altar, gold - 324 0.75 0.6 0.7 0 0

altar, silver - 325 0.75 0.6 0.7 0 0

magical chest, small - 665 0.3 0.2 0.6 0 0

@bdew I was able to add back my 4 altars and small magical chest, which weren't included in the vanilla update.

Another useful surface is the settlement token, good for a lantern or even a mini-pet.

Spoiler

#surface add 236 1 1 0.95 0 0

8CC20BC5DF0D8CC862ABC68B0BC099B24A5E27C9

...though it looks a tad uncomfortable for this poor guy:

E042DAA647CC70AE5736494A2D586DE769267B38

Edited by Batta
  • Like 4

@Bdew - I used the 1.7 Vanilla system on my Local Server (single-player) - if I were to remove all the items from surfaces would that be sufficent to allow me to install this mod - or is there actual database changes that happen beyond the "Placement" and "Removal" of Items?

4 hours ago, MystLeissa said:

@Bdew - I used the 1.7 Vanilla system on my Local Server (single-player) - if I were to remove all the items from surfaces would that be sufficent to allow me to install this mod - or is there actual database changes that happen beyond the "Placement" and "Removal" of Items?

Yes if you remove them and replace after you install the mod you should be fine.

@bdew

Have aliittle issue with this mod (although I'm not entirely sure it's not as a result of the vanilla system itself) I can reproduce it nearly every time so I'll list the bug's steps to reproduce and let you figure out what to do about it.

The bug concerns disappearing/deleted items when placing from specific conditions:

1.Place an Item (e.g. Chain Pants) in a forge (other containers may work as well).

2. Right-click>Place on that item

3. While the item is highlighted in "green for placement right-click instead of left-click like you normally would.

4. The Item disappears (is removed both in-world and in the container) instead of returning to your inventory like it would if you did the same operation from inventory.

On 8/17/2018 at 4:56 AM, MystLeissa said:

@bdew

Have aliittle issue with this mod (although I'm not entirely sure it's not as a result of the vanilla system itself) I can reproduce it nearly every time so I'll list the bug's steps to reproduce and let you figure out what to do about it.

The bug concerns disappearing/deleted items when placing from specific conditions:

1.Place an Item (e.g. Chain Pants) in a forge (other containers may work as well).

2. Right-click>Place on that item

3. While the item is highlighted in "green for placement right-click instead of left-click like you normally would.

4. The Item disappears (is removed both in-world and in the container) instead of returning to your inventory like it would if you did the same operation from inventory.

I'm pretty sure that's the intentional way how place works in vanilla. When placing a not-"large" item  it gets picked up to your inv then placed from there. If you cancel it stays in inventory.

Just some house decoration, courtesy of threedee and taxidermy mods:  kitty stands on the BSB and looks outside the window.

All I need now is a birdcage for her to look at.  ?

2B01281A6FE838E4DD0DCA8E62F73A9646764E71

• Like 4

On 8/18/2018 at 10:42 AM, bdew said:

I'm pretty sure that's the intentional way how place works in vanilla. When placing a not-"large" item  it gets picked up to your inv then placed from there. If you cancel it stays in inventory.

It doesn't go to my inventory tho - it just disappears if i right-click when i cancel placing from inside a container into the world. It just disappears entirely - like it was wiped from the database. If this is intended behavior I want my 4.0 Damage to My Steel Hammer and all My Crafting Materials back that I used on ql'ing those various metal items that just went "poof" (which I entirely have the /ability/ to do but it's not like I /want/ to give myself a special exception (for one thing I'm not sure exactly what ql those items were)).

It's kinda annoying that everything in Wurm is single-click actions to begin with - I feel some of these actions need a safety check to prevent misclicks (ie picking up your own planted containers :P)

Edited by MystLeissa

6 hours ago, MystLeissa said:

It doesn't go to my inventory tho - it just disappears if i right-click when i cancel placing from inside a container into the world. It just disappears entirely - like it was wiped from the database. If this is intended behavior I want my 4.0 Damage to My Steel Hammer and all My Crafting Materials back that I used on ql'ing those various metal items that just went "poof" (which I entirely have the /ability/ to do but it's not like I /want/ to give myself a special exception (for one thing I'm not sure exactly what ql those items were)).

It's kinda annoying that everything in Wurm is single-click actions to begin with - I feel some of these actions need a safety check to prevent misclicks (ie picking up your own planted containers :P)

Oh hm sorry i misread the original post. That's probably a bug, though i'm not sure if it's mine or vanilla. I'll look into it.

Just wanted to update you on my bug @bdew - It turns out I was wrong - the items I "misplaced" were being dropped in such a way they were hidden by the walls of the house the forge was in - so I don't think there's anything wrong after all. Sorry for wasting your time hunting that down ?

Only thing is I only found the metal torch like that - I still need to tear down the other walls in the room if i want to recover the other items and I'm not sure I want to go that far lol.

Edited by MystLeissa

On 8/30/2018 at 1:09 AM, MystLeissa said:

Just wanted to update you on my bug @bdew - It turns out I was wrong - the items I "misplaced" were being dropped in such a way they were hidden by the walls of the house the forge was in - so I don't think there's anything wrong after all. Sorry for wasting your time hunting that down ?

Only thing is I only found the metal torch like that - I still need to tear down the other walls in the room if i want to recover the other items and I'm not sure I want to go that far lol.

if you are a gm or can ask a gm to look for you - gms can fly through walls and grab stuck objects inside. I've had plenty of lamps and other crap i rescued from walls on my servers over the years :P

0.19 for WU 1.8.x.x beta

•  Added all new vanilla surfaces
  •  Items placed on altars will not be sacrificed
  •  Improved handling of surfaces that are also normal containers
  •  Improved config generation with "#surface save"
  •  Fixed offset handling when using "put on top" and pushing/pulling items placed on surfaces

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/tag/v0.19-beta1800

Not compatible with WU 1.7 or earlier!

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

0.20 for WU 1.8.x.x

• Fixed items placed on benches, chairs, etc. causing client crashes and/or weirdness
  • Added hota statue and wood benches as surfaces
  • New config setting forceContainers - forces items to act like containers so players can access things in them, by default includes the bedside table
  • Added manual-place-only mode for some surfaces that have a very irregular or changing shape.
    • Surfaces in this mode disallow moving placed items with push/pull (can still turn them)
    • Items can't be placed on those surfaces with "put on top" only with "place"
    • By default includes the hota statues and stills

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/tag/v0.20

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

@bdew

I updated yesterday to your new mod version and now users told me, they lost all stuff that was placed on top of other thinks (little items, containers)

I have no idea how this happens.

Eject

8 hours ago, Eject said:

@bdew

I updated yesterday to your new mod version and now users told me, they lost all stuff that was placed on top of other thinks (little items, containers)

I have no idea how this happens.

Eject

anything in the logs?

Hello bdew

I have no logs because i have restored a backup from 24 hours before, now all items are back again. I can test it tomorrow again and look if i can find some in the log.

Eject

Thank you Bdew for you help in Discord, its solved now.

I should never overwrite the modsupport.db ;)