Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[BETA] 3D Stuff, AKA "Putting stuff on tables"

Updated to v0.6

• Added new surfaces: bed, canopy bed, anvil, wardrobe, bench, magical chest, large barrel, larder, planter rack, royal lounge chaise (thanks to @Malenaand@Batta!)
    • I did some minor tweaks to the values posted in the thread, mostly to x/y size of items
  • Items that you can sit on (e.g. benches) now work correctly
  • Fixed saving config file with locales that use comma as a decimal separator

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/tag/v0.6

• Like 4

14 hours ago, bdew said:

Updated to v0.6

• Added new surfaces: bed, canopy bed, anvil, wardrobe, bench, magical chest, large barrel, larder, planter rack, royal lounge chaise (thanks to @Malenaand@Batta!)
    • I did some minor tweaks to the values posted in the thread, mostly to x/y size of items
  • Items that you can sit on (e.g. benches) now work correctly
  • Fixed saving config file with locales that use comma as a decimal separator

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/tag/v0.6

Yayyyyyyy! *rushes to go give it a try*

Some of our players use keystones inside their homes to create the look of ledges. We just added stone keystones to the list of surfaces, to make them actually usable as ledges. Details in the spoiler below!

Spoiler

stone keystone (905): 3 0.5 0.75 0 0

3349162BB07BB158AA0D8F8AA9C105FBD3A069D6

Edited by Batta
  • Like 7

19 hours ago, Batta said:

Some of our players use keystones inside their homes to create the look of ledges. We just added stone keystones to the list of surfaces, to make them actually usable as ledges. Details in the spoiler below!

Absolutely love this! I've been using keystones as decorative elements as well, for instance used them as fences in this video, but never thought of putting them inside as window ledge! Perfect for the plants!

• Like 3

On 4.2.2018 at 10:07 PM, bdew said:

You can see it with GMTOOL, under "item template"

@bdew, what do you mean with GMTOOL Item template? I also search the id´s ^^ but i realy dont know what you mean with this.

Eject

15 hours ago, Eject said:

@bdew, what do you mean with GMTOOL Item template? I also search the id´s ^^ but i realy dont know what you mean with this.

Eject

You can bind a key to GMTOOL in game, then when you press that key (on a GM account) it will open a window with a bunch of info about whatever you are targeting. For items there will be a line like this that shows the template id:

y5DDHyK.png

Ohh nice, i never looked exactly to this tool, just used it for player infos.

Thank you very much for this info @bdew

Eject

Heya Bdew, 

I saw somewhere, a person had asked if you could work on adjusting the height for your custom NPC mod that you're working on. I was wondering if you could also do the same for Taxidermy preservation. I'd love to create mini stuffed animated animals or the like. (sorry this isn't the right post to ask on.)

Meredith 

-Aelin-

On 3/7/2018 at 8:17 PM, Aelin said:

Heya Bdew, 

I saw somewhere, a person had asked if you could work on adjusting the height for your custom NPC mod that you're working on. I was wondering if you could also do the same for Taxidermy preservation. I'd love to create mini stuffed animated animals or the like. (sorry this isn't the right post to ask on.)

Meredith 

-Aelin-

You can change the size of Taxidermy items!  Here's a great calculator to help out. Just make sure to download a copy before you try to use it.

It tells you what to set the Data 1, Data 2, and Aux numbers to.  For example, to make a half-size trophy with no kingdom, you would type 2560 into the Data 2.

7C85F2BD0DB8916F88670FA05014C05618CB51E6

Edited by Batta
Fixed the link
  • Like 2

On 3/8/2018 at 1:42 AM, Batta said:

You can change the size of Taxidermy items!  Here's a great calculator to help out. Just make sure to download a copy before you try to use it.

It tells you what to set the Data 1, Data 2, and Aux numbers to.  For example, to make a half-size trophy with no kingdom, you would type 2560 into the Data 2.

I tried to click the link yo u provided and I had to request access to the file...(wasn't available to download ) =( But thank you for the update on this. I'll play with it as soon as that calculator can be accessed. 

2 hours ago, Aelin said:

I tried to click the link yo u provided and I had to request access to the file...(wasn't available to download ) =( But thank you for the update on this. I'll play with it as soon as that calculator can be accessed. 

Oops, I gave you the link to my copy of the spreadsheet, which of course you won't be able to access. Here's the original link, from one of bdew's posts: Taxidermy 

Here are some more additions for the list:

Small cart and tree stump (olive):

yew_three.jpg

Tree stump (olive)
#surface add 731 1 1 0.6 0 0

Small cart
#surface add 186 1 1 0.8 0 0

yew_woodworker.jpg

yew_butcher.jpg

Edited by Malena
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Malena said:

Here are some more additions for the list:

yew_three.jpg

Tree stump (olive)
#surface add 731 1 1 0.6 0 0

Small cart
#surface add 186 1 1 0.8 0 0

yew_woodworker.jpg

yew_butcher.jpg

We NEED THIS dirt texture to be in Wurm, not the one we have now. This actually LOOKS like real dirt..... :D

• Like 3

Updated to v0.8

• “Place” action renamed to “Put on top” (to avoid confusion with vanilla place)
  • Liquids can no longer be placed on tables and other surfaces outside a container

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/download/v0.8/threedee-0.8.zip

6 hours ago, Malena said:

Interesting. Do things on cart stay on it when it moves? or just hover where it used to be?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bdew said:

Updated to v0.8

• “Place” action renamed to “Put on top” (to avoid confusion with vanilla place)
  • Liquids can no longer be placed on tables and other surfaces outside a container

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/download/v0.8/threedee-0.8.zip

Interesting. Do things on cart stay on it when it moves? or just hover where it used to be?

Oh good question! I didn't even try that because that cart in the image was just meant to be static as a decoration and to never be "used". 

I logged on and tried though. It doesn't stick to the cart no, it's just left hovering in the air.

9 hours ago, Xallo said:

We NEED THIS dirt texture to be in Wurm, not the one we have now. This actually LOOKS like real dirt.

Maybe its possible with serverpacks, but idont know how it works to change actual textures like dirt sand with it on client side.

21 minutes ago, Eject said:

Maybe its possible with serverpacks, but idont know how it works to change actual textures like dirt sand with it on client side.

I think @Xallomeans WO :P

• Like 3

best god damn mod all year EVERY YEAR

unknown.png

I designed a bar for Revenant's main spawn and I probably spent like 5 hours total messing around with different configurations and item combinations, this mods crazy

@bdew SIDE NOTE THOUGH: we cannot place items ontop of cupboards, coffers, or altars, is that intended? Also, colossus bricks would tbh be very fun to have as surfaces aswell.

I also have a minor suggestion that may be impossible, but is there any way you could implement a feature to the mod where we can put piles of items ontop of surfaces? Perhaps not piles themselves but the ability to visually toggle an item's model from single to pile models?

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 3

A note for people updating from earlier versions to v0.9

In some of the previous versions players could see the inventory of surfaces that shouldn't be containers and put items in. In v0.9 it was fixed and they shouldn't be accessible anymore, but any items that were already there will not accessible to the players.

You can retrieve them with a GM using the following method:

• Run GMTOOL on the surface item
  • Select "Items" in the "Links" section and press send
  • Note the Wurm Id of the items (ignore any items named "item hook" - those are special items used to put things on top)
  • Type in chat #loadItem id 
  • The item will be placed in your inventory
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Huntar said:

best god damn mod all year EVERY YEAR

I designed a bar for Revenant's main spawn and I probably spent like 5 hours total messing around with different configurations and item combinations, this mods crazy

@bdew SIDE NOTE THOUGH: we cannot place items ontop of cupboards, coffers, or altars, is that intended? Also, colossus bricks would tbh be very fun to have as surfaces aswell.

I also have a minor suggestion that may be impossible, but is there any way you could implement a feature to the mod where we can put piles of items ontop of surfaces? Perhaps not piles themselves but the ability to visually toggle an item's model from single to pile models?

Great job... what item are you using for the bar itself?

Generally adding items that you can place things on is very easy - look earlier in the thread there are explanations on how to do it and examples submitted items, i'm adding new ones as time permits.

Altars are currently not advised because of how the mod works - the items placed on something are technically inside it's inventory (but hidden from players) - and will get destroyed if you do a sacrifice. I'll look into putting in something that would prevent it in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bdew said:

what item are you using for the bar itself

Looks like the low bookshelf

Spoiler

E6zdHK9.jpg

Edited by Eject

On 4/23/2018 at 7:40 AM, Eject said:

Looks like the low bookshelf

Hide contents

E6zdHK9.jpg

Yup it's a low bookshelf! Also built a wooden fence inside of it to give it some real collision.

Minor but fun little addition to our spawn,

LrWtLbe.jpg

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 6