Sign in to follow this  
bdew

[BETA] 3D Stuff, AKA "Putting stuff on tables"

v0.2 is up, this is now considered an alpha.

Changes since 0.1:

• Added more surfaces to default config - rectangular marble table, round marble table, tripod table, bedside table
  • Container surfaces will not show placed items inside their inventory
  • Non-container surfaces will not allow opening them
  • Items that have stuff on them can't be picked up or loaded
  • Added minPower option - allows limiting placing to GMs only
  • Added x/y offset to surfaces configuration
  • Added #surface command (GM level 5) which can be used to change settings without restarting, usage:
    • #surface add <id> <SizeX> <SizeY> <SizeZ> <OffsetX> <OffsetY> - adds or updates a surface item
    • #surface del <id> - deletes a surface item
    • #surface save - save changed configuration

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/tag/v0.2

Added: If you're experimenting with the mod and adding more items to the config - please post them here so i can add them to the mod.

Edited by bdew
  • Like 3

Is the minPower option something we need to configure, or is it automatically set to GM5 only?  When I open the properties file, I don't see any config options there.

Config file is a separate file Batta.

When you unzip you get threedee folder, threedee.properties and threedee.config

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Valiance and Kaylie of Mystic Highlands.

7 hours ago, Batta said:

Is the minPower option something we need to configure, or is it automatically set to GM5 only?  When I open the properties file, I don't see any config options there.

it's set to 0 by default, meaning any player can do it, as @Wulfrocksaid it's in the config file and you can change it there if you want to.

1 hour ago, bdew said:

it's set to 0 by default, meaning any player can do it, as @Wulfrocksaid it's in the config file and you can change it there if you want to.

Thank you. It took me a little while to figure out that a config file would open with Notepad++.  :-)

Will anyone with permissions on the deed and/or in the house where the table is be able to Take things that are placed on it?  It would be great if there was a way to set separate permissions for tables, such as via a padlock.  Is this possible?

Edit:  Or maybe to Plant items on tables

Edited by Batta

New update - v0.3 is up!

• Allow opening containers placed on stuff.
  • Light sources placed on stuff will now emit light.
  • Painted items placed on stuff will now show their colors.
  • Added small barrel, crates (both), bsb and low bookshelf as surfaces (by @Wulfrock)

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/tag/v0.3

fzPJaTU.png

11 hours ago, Batta said:

Will anyone with permissions on the deed and/or in the house where the table is be able to Take things that are placed on it?  It would be great if there was a way to set separate permissions for tables, such as via a padlock.  Is this possible?

Edit:  Or maybe to Plant items on tables

Right now permissions aren't really implemented, if it's on deed or in a house then take permission should apply, otherwise everyone can take anything. This is one of the big things remaining and likely what i'll be working on next.

Edited by bdew

will be nice if u add feature like: the number of objects depends on the quality of the table: example 0-9.9ql = zero items can be placed, 100ql = 20 items 

I got the mod to work and aaahhhhhh I'm sooooooooo happyyyyyy. I guess I'm not allowed to repost the same images in many different threads, so check out the screenshots thread and see what I did with your mods bdew. <3

Hello bdew

It would be good that you cant eat from tables or take the stuff.

Some players could use tables like a magical chest.

Maybe its better, that you can just destroy stuff from tables.

Eject

1 hour ago, Malena said:

I got the mod to work and aaahhhhhh I'm sooooooooo happyyyyyy. I guess I'm not allowed to repost the same images in many different threads, so check out the screenshots thread and see what I did with your mods bdew. <3

Good stuff, love your story in the beginning :P

1 hour ago, Eject said:

It would be good that you cant eat from tables or take the stuff.

Some players could use tables like a magical chest.

Maybe its better, that you can just destroy stuff from tables

You should be able to eat from them and take items (subject to permission checks when they are implemented).

Tables don't prevent decay so they won't act as a magical chest.

Ooops sorry, i mixed it with the taxidermy mod =) because i now also play with both ^^

Sorry mate, and good to know ;)

Eject

Version 0.4 is out! I've implemented a permission system. Currently it works like that:

• All items you can place things on can now be planted/secured and locked.
  • Only the owner - the one who placed or planted the item - can attach, remove or replace locks.
  • If locked - only the owner and players with "may open" permission can interact with things placed on it, and place new things on.
  • If not locked - village and house permissions can still limit taking, moving and some other interactions on items but new items can still be placed on by anyone.
  • A player can always take or move around an item placed by himself, even if he doesn't have permissions anymore.
  • Examining, tasting and emotes are always allowed.

Download here: https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/tag/v0.4

I've went through quite a few iterations until i found something that's secure (i hope) and makes sense. Feedback is welcome.

This versions is now considered a beta, and i'm going to deploy it on my own servers and let my players have a go at it. I expect a few small issues to still turn up but the mod should be mostly stable and functional.

One big problem still remaining is that items placed on slopes look wonky when you place things on them. For now i have no solution for that... If it ever gets fixed it will likely involve an optional client mod.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bdew said:

Version 0.4 is out! I've implemented a permission system. Currently it works like that:

• All items you can place things on can now be planted/secured and locked.

Awesome! And just to clarify, does this affect rate of decay at all? Or will a casserole, piece of meat, cheese whatever decay exactly like it would have in Wurm Online (within hours probably) if placed on the ground inside a house. 

In other words, is it completely useless set things on tables which perish quickly?

27 minutes ago, Malena said:

Awesome! And just to clarify, does this affect rate of decay at all? Or will a casserole, piece of meat, cheese whatever decay exactly like it would have in Wurm Online (within hours probably) if placed on the ground inside a house. 

In other words, is it completely useless set things on tables which perish quickly?

For now the decay is the same as if the item was lying in a container (chest, etc.) of a the same material as the table.

I'll add an option (off by default) to disable decay in next update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdew said:

For now the decay is the same as if the item was lying in a container (chest, etc.) of a the same material as the table.

Ok good to know. For now I've been putting the No destroy/Bash checkmark in "Manage Item Restrictions" for the foods, potted plants, preserved corpses, dishes and candles - just to be on the safe side. But having that feature you will be adding at some point will truly solve all those worries and problems. 

I hope you're taking time to just chill and enjoy your weekend as well bdew! <3 

2 hours ago, bdew said:

Could you implement this option just to say, no decay for player level 5 instead no decay for all?

Eject

this mod looks good, wish it was in WO so much :(

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 9:12 AM, Niki said:

this mod looks good, wish it was in WO so much :(

From what I've heard, the devs are actually working on something like this slowly but surely for wurm. I hope they implement it in as a sophisticated manner as bdew did. I really like how this works usability wise!

I also wished it was in WO. There would finally be an actual reason for me to make a table.

Bdew, you churn out so many great mods. How come Code Club hasn't hired you already?

Beta 0.5 is out

• Added an API to allow other mods to control how their items are sent to the client when placed on a surface.

• If you are using my Taxidermy mod v1.1 or higher - this update is required for correct operation.

• If you are a modder and want to control how your items are sent to the client when placed on a surface, see here and here

https://github.com/bdew-wurm/threedee/releases/tag/v0.5

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mirabelle said:

Bdew, you churn out so many great mods. How come Code Club hasn't hired you already?

Honestly... i already have a coding day job that i hate, and would rather have my modding stay as a hobby that i enjoy :P

So even if offered i'm not sure i'd jump on it.