Sign in to follow this  
Fraeya

[Fixed] The roof is in the way.

Unable to place wall plans on the east side of a tile directly adjacent to a built roof, gives the message "The roof is in the way." Walls built on the west or north sides can be built with a roof adjacent. Some kinda nw rule bug, super annoying, please fix.

I had that problem back on Pristine several years ago.  Tear down the roof build the wall rebuild the roof. 

I know how to work around it but it's not a "fix." It shouldn't happen.

I can't make wall plan next to the roof on the south side of the tile. But I could plan next to the roof on the west side of the tile.

1 hour ago, Annyil said:

I can't make wall plan next to the roof on the south side of the tile. But I could plan next to the roof on the west side of the tile.

Annyil, I merged your post with the bug already opened.  It's still an issue and still on the bug list.

So I'm building with my villagers and we have discovered that you can put down wall plans beside roof tiles on every border except the south edge. Any other direction is fine but when we try to place them on the south border next to roof tiles we get this error:

[02:44:57] The roof is in the way.

cdc224cf78.jpg

So as you can see plans on the North and Wes sides next to the roof tiles, no problem. As soon as we try to place them on the south edge. That's when we get the error.

We realise the fix for this is destroying the roof tiles on the south sides, but it's a pesky bug and destroying could be avoided in the future.

If you try to target a border that is under a roof to plan a wall you get "The roof is in the way" error.

2780ca1dc1.jpg

Through some sorcery and luck if you move around a bunch you can time it just right where it will let you plan but it's wonky.

Was happening with trying to plan a floor below you from the floor above too.

Unstable client, if it matters.

Edited by Aeryck

I had this same problem few months ago, didn't get much attention from another players or devs about this matter back then. Seems that many others are experiencing this problem so this should certainly be addressed.

I had no other choice but to bash the blocking roof tiles. :(

I have had this problem this week, super annoying so please fix, frustrating to have to bash :-)

i got problem only with walls next to roof facing north

emoo's last time lapse video has a good example of this problem ;)

Edited by JakeRivers

I met again this problem :(
I can't plan a wall plan next to the roof. The error message is: "[22:57:35] The roof is in the way."
I hate this!

I have had that pop up before, if i am just obsessively stubborn and keep trying to get at the border from different angles, I always can eventually get i, but I don;t know whether there is an easier trick than sheer obstinacy....

I've noticed this problem for a couple years now.   I remember having this issue, in fact, about 4-5 years ago on chaos during the construction of The Furious Gulf in JK.  Never said anything as visually it IS in the way, so I always assumed it was intended.

Edited by Nomadikhan