Sign in to follow this  
Faetyl

No butchering skill gain when filleting fish

I've tested this issue on a couple servers running the current version of WU.

No butchering skill is being acquired when filleting fish.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Thanks!

Update: Looks like its just GM spawned fish and possibly pre cooking update fish.

Edited by Faetyl

Someone decided that you shouldn't get skill gain from filleting any fish that would give more then 10 fillets...

From MethodItems.filet():

ql = Math.max(1.0f, (float)butchering.skillCheck(target.getDamage(), source, bonus, nums2 > 10, 1.0f));

That part that says "nums > 10" disables skill gain when a fillet action would produce more then 10 fillets. It should be easy to remove that with a Javassist ExprEditor.

Gosh there is some strangeness going on in that method. I'm confused why wurm didn't just only fillet off enough fish fillets to fill up inventory and reduce the fish's weight appropriately. There is some system that hard caps fillet count at 50 and tries to increase fillet weight to compensate. But it doesn't scale right. I should get 660 fillets from my 198 kg marlins but I get 50 of 1-kg fillets. At a quick glance it looks like the best way to fix this would be to completely replace the method with modloader's action-performer tool.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1