Sign in to follow this  
lawurm

Silly things you have done in wurm

I will start it off with 2 examples of absent minded debutery i have committed.

1. Building a 2x2 fenced area from inside and forgetting to put in a gate (added bonus nothing to bash with except my mallet)

2. Throwing a perfectly good 90ql 90woa shovel at a wolf because i forgot to change my attack stance from ranged attack, of course it breaks. 

Be great to hear from any other players out there committing crimes against the own intelligence recently or past.  :D

• Like 4

1. turning on SB and afking due to random RL stuff like a phone call... and come back to a lot wasted (thanks a lot for the 10 minutes fix!)
  2. afk walk... and really walk away from the keyboard to find you dead by mobs, drawning in the middle of the sea, off a cliff, stuck in a wall and/or cave.
  3. trying to get your body back by climbing... to fall to your death again when you cannot longuer climb.
  4. going to hunt with the weapon and/or shield and/or armor still in the forge.
  5. countless others that should never be mentionned again!
  • Like 4

My silliest thing is Trust new player. I was saved by GMs so many times... and still I tend to be naive from time to time and believe in our community!

Edited by bangzuvelis
  • Like 2

Sell everything when you quit, only to come back for the nth time.

• Like 4

swim and drown everywere till I learnt how to build a sail boat then find out 8mths later if I logged of before I drown I would of got energy back  and didn't have to die and go retrieve bodys 20 times ahhhh

Edited by christopher
added to
  • Like 1

I once hid in a  dense olive grove, too scared to move, because I could just barely catch the mouseover name of a JACKAL when I hovered my mouse over my path home again. 

(Later I discovered this was only the name of Wurm's moon, which I could not quite see through the trees except the name.)

Another time I stood frozen for a long time  on an old abandoned mountain trail because I could hear a creature called YOUNG MOUNTAINCHASER  frolicking around and grazing, and I thought it might eat ME next.

(Later I discovered this was just the name for a baby horse).

I was so scared of everything that moved when I started. Actual dragons were the least of my fears. 

• Like 12

I've got all of these stories beat.

So when I started playing on the "new cluster" (Pristine), I took over as mayor of my deed when my mayor was quitting.  Soon after, a buddy started playing the game with me.  

One day he decided he was going to groom my horses, and was under the false impression you had to unhitch the horses (no saddles) from the cart to do so.  Never hitched them back, so quite naturally they ran away.

The "Pristine horses lost/found" thread was where I went.  I posted "looking for my two lost horses, paying a reward for their return".  Their names are aged fat horse and venerable fat horse.  Consequently, I got alot of PM's...

• Like 9

stupidest thing I ever did was to leave Wurm and of course I returned some time later and a lovely friend I had through Wurm I have lost contact with now.. and hold regret in my heart now instead of my friend... such is life..  such is love...  stupid me..  I guess more tragic than funny but hey... :) all rainbows have a pot of gold mine just happens to be the box of chocolates with a bite out of each to see whats inside.. hehehehehhh...

• Like 1

Hmm. One of the most naive things I think I did was to assume that Wurm PvP doesn't influence PvE / forum / private relations between people ;) 

• Like 3

I once afk and died to a troll whilst sat on a chair on the roof of a building because i didn't know buildings are 2d. Was so salty a troll was hitting me through 2 floors

• Like 1

I think I'm going to win this one.

1. Start the game. Decide you want to live on the highest mountain on the largest server.
  2. Die ~200 times trying to get up because as a newb you did not know that things like stamina recharge without finding a spot to stand on were a thing.

P.S. I did finally make it, but the death count is on!

• Like 2

-The usual falling into people's deeds from mountains. 

-The also usual swimming and drowning. A lot. 

-The worst though: accidentally putting a supreme fruit press into my forge. ?

• Like 1

I once use my starter tent to first aid a light wound...I loved that thing, took it everywhere... :( Careful what you click...

Edited by Mykoal
  • Like 3

Selling an activated tool on deed token

Breeding cave bugs (they had their dedicated pens like other animals) for their meat and cochineal

Throwing items, gear, cotton etc by the misuse of ranged stance

Travel to a nearby server on boat, in 30 or lower ql plate armor (so slow on moving) -- after landing, get ambushed by bears and other aggressive mobs when i still haven't found a mount, run out of stamina and die. Respawn to server's spawn town completely naked and without knowledge of the landscape or how to retrieve my corpse and boat

Explore and derail too farther from the roads, far away from village. Get lost in the dense forests and die/risk to die by getting chased by hell hounds and trolls

Carry a stool around, and use it to sit when char is waiting ingame

Edited by MashHiven
  • Like 3

Old video horrible quality and awful music, but still one of the most stupid things I have ever done.

• Like 3

Hitching hellhorses and parking them next to my bed inside my house because they are "cute". Then going afk while standing close enough to them to burn you for ten minutes flat, only for you to come back to a red tunnel of death... ...because you cannot auto attack hitched hell horses! (I am sure they knew what they were doing too, because for four weeks they did NOTHING, but the moment I went afk, it was on like Donkey Kong.)

dz6k4KC.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/4/2018 at 8:05 AM, Wargasm said:

I've got all of these stories beat.

So when I started playing on the "new cluster" (Pristine), I took over as mayor of my deed when my mayor was quitting.  Soon after, a buddy started playing the game with me.  

One day he decided he was going to groom my horses, and was under the false impression you had to unhitch the horses (no saddles) from the cart to do so.  Never hitched them back, so quite naturally they ran away.

The "Pristine horses lost/found" thread was where I went.  I posted "looking for my two lost horses, paying a reward for their return".  Their names are aged fat horse and venerable fat horse.  Consequently, I got alot of PM's...

Lol - I can relate. 

You think you're silly? My neighbour put a hole in the world while mining, naturally I wanted to see what it was like on the inside of said "hole".

With all my gear still on me...

ea7f8b1002a917322377817010349edc.png

Thankfully, my corpse spawned on the surface and I only lost a few skill points... best -0.25 fight skill I ever made.

I once fell asleep in our safe mine at an enemy deed in the middle of a raid. When I woke up my group had gone after trying to wake me up by poking me in voice comms hundreds of times and playing loud music down their mics. I think a few enemies were left in local but they didn't know where I was, luckily. I promptly left through the tunnel we had mined to their deed from our outpost deed.

I once chased an enemy to a certain spot where they'd logged off before I could get to them. I fenced off the tile they logged off on and waited for 4-5 hours while playing other games in the background. I went afk for a second, came back and saw that they'd logged on and twigged out (I was stealthed so no enemy in local to block them teleporting.)

I was really ticked off. 

Edited by Madt

On Chaos, leaving the safety of the deed to help a newbie in distress. I agreed to take him some cotton and food. He even said, "You won't kill me, will you?"

I did vaguely wonder why I could hear the sounds of tower guards dying.

Of course, it wasn't a newbie in distress. It was Rolandt, using an account I didn't recognize.

He was quite nice about it. Left my keys behind after he had looted my corpse.

• Like 2

idkw but i hate hellhounds ... i always used to avoid them. so here i am driving down the usual road with everything in my cart but the bathroom sink and i spied a hellhound crossing my path.. shiit. i say and veer off road for what i thought was a tricky slip by em like milo sanx does on his walkabys. with a generic alt.. but this is my main dressed in everything good i own and carrying like a good bag man or women everything else i could conceive of,,, this manoever would be carried throughout history i gleemed... then whats this over a thicket or two.. but a trolll.. ah no prob... then whats this a little farther three spiders.. hmm.. that yucky feeling in my stomach and after more and more shortcuts come more and more baddies,.. now you have to realize i lived above Vrock lake.. put it this way you know how much Beckett loves his privacy well him and Xallo and Alyeska are my only neighbors and we are each about 5 miles from each other.. so i was shiit out of luck. if one of the three hadn't rolled through trying to get a tick to 100 fighting, well than youve heard of north xanadu if they hadnt rolled through there were mobs everywhere.. around every corner btt i thought to fight i was stuck not able to go up or down the cliff i was on and now fighting 31 mobs.. i dispatched a couple each time  i went back to the scene of the carnage after spending upteen hours looking for vague tree groupings and other such nonsense to maybe get 2 or 3 items and vault myself down the hill only to land in lake vrock with 96 dmg to only have to out swim brown bears,, after i don't know how many skill points and a circus of corpses i tied the knot. i married my defeat for sake of sanity. and this happening withiin 10 minutes from my deed and off a major highway by only 20 squares.. sheesh... 

ps if anybody finds aged i mean venerable happynotch and venerable sadrolf could you please feed them and tell them daddy's coming!!!!!!!!!!!  

so u think you messed up eh?????