Sign in to follow this  
Cenotaph

Charater stops gaining skills mid session.

So twice now in the last few days my character has stopped gaining skillgains.

both times I have been digging dirt down to rock. And I've only noticed once I've moved over to WS. Check to see gains and to my horror

I've not gotten any skills.

I've set it to show all decimals of skillgains.

I do use a keyboard macro to fill up queue, ( might be the issue ? )

Relogging fixes it.

1 hour ago, Cenotaph said:

So twice now in the last few days my character has stopped gaining skillgains.

both times I have been digging dirt down to rock. And I've only noticed once I've moved over to WS. Check to see gains and to my horror

I've not gotten any skills.

I've set it to show all decimals of skillgains.

I do use a keyboard macro to fill up queue, ( might be the issue ? )

Relogging fixes it.

I've experienced this 'bug' for years...always while digging.

Digging in a small area seems to trigger it, especially if you are on 1 corner for a long time.

Don't even try to dig and drop for skillgain...the lack of movement results in 0 skillgain fairly quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cenotaph said:

I do use a keyboard macro to fill up queue, ( might be the issue ? )

Relogging fixes it.

While the rules are pretty vague and the reading is quite extensive I do feel like giving this a read may allow you to glean some wisdom on the subject.

Move more when you dig, if you're stationary to long skill gain stops until you relog or move a few tiles, anti bot tech or something.

Did you mean a keybind? Macro isn't allowed.

Edited by Niki

using "macros" aka key bindings in the way the rules definitely state they are allowed is not the problem here, no.

the problem are skills that have some kind of time out attached. prospecting and paving belong to this category and digging in some way too but im not certain how exactly, possibly only on sand/dirt and not on resource tiles such as tar, peat etc.

Only empiric but digging caps out pretty fast on dirt - but I could dig clsy for hours and still getting skill ticks.

BTW Keyboard macros are allowed - the ones found on gaming keyboards  and sending multiple strokes with a single hit of a key to fill up the action queue. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jaz said:

BTW Keyboard macros are allowed - the ones found on gaming keyboards  and sending multiple strokes with a single hit of a key to fill up the action queue. 

Yes, as long as you have to be there & manually click the button, it only fills your action queue and it does not have any delay in keystrokes.