Sign in to follow this  
Anarres

[FIXED] Permissions for items from easter egg

With an alt, I went to see if an easter egg has decayed. My main has dropped the egg, but I wasn't on that server so I sent the alt just to see. The egg was on a deed, right on the same tile with the deed token.

It had decayed, and there was an opal on the pavement.

[00:58:38] You get an opal.

The alt is not citizen of that deed, and it has no permissions afaik. Just to be sure, I did test pickup, push, pickup planted, and it doesn't have them:

[00:59:33] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.

It's not able to pick up anything else.

This alt didn't drop the egg there, it's non-prem and didn't have any egg.

Is this intended or known, or it may have slipped through, for items from eggs?

• Like 1

most likely another one of these bugs where the items have no ownerships and as such can be picked up by anyone. Devs should really look into it since it was the cause of a lot of issues with uniques loot in the past (and apparently still is).

I gave this a test on the test server and a character with no rights on a deed only got the steal option and could not pick up any of the egg droppings.  Please check the permissions of the deed and of your alt.  

4 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I gave this a test on the test server and a character with no rights on a deed only got the steal option and could not pick up any of the egg droppings.  Please check the permissions of the deed and of your alt.  

After I picked up the egg, I tested that the character is unable to pick up anything else from deed, as noted in the OP. For other items on the deed it had 'steal' or nothing, and can't take. For items from bsb it received a permissions error. Only for the gem from egg it had 'take' option and it worked.

Now, I logged in, and tried again, with the same results: the alt is unable to pick up anything I try.

e.g.: a rug on the ground, not in house:
[20:27:50] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.
[20:27:54] This thin, colorful rug provides some comfort as you sit on it but its main purpose is to create a meditation zone where your mind can relax. It could be improved with a string of cloth. Ql: 55.412373, Dam: 0.0.

A bench near the rug:
[20:27:56] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.
[20:27:58] A stone slab on two bricks. It looks very inviting. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 49.32307, Dam: 0.0.

A stool on the meadow, deed land, no structure:

[20:46:51] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.
[20:46:54] A small round chair without a back to lean against. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  '.ri...o...'. Ql: 27.754938, Dam: 0.0.

An unfinished coffer:

[20:47:00] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.
[20:47:01] You see a coffer under construction. Ql: 7.063214, Dam: 0.0. The coffer needs 5 plank, and 2 small iron nails to be finished.

Moreover, this wasn't my own deed: a friend is mayor, and my main is villager. Since I never asked the mayor to add my new alt to anything, I believe they didn't add this new alt to anything. I will ask the mayor if they ever changed out of the blue. However, as noted above, I tested immediately after picking up the egg, that the alt couldn't do anything else I tried.

Permissions for the alt's role, as seen from the alt:

Spoiler

Nr9FKCq.png

Your test must be missing something, but I can't think what that is... Was your character entirely a stranger (like mine), or a known role/villager with no pickup permission? Was the egg on ground or somewhere else?

I used 3 separate characters on test for this test.  2 were newly created for this test specifically and another was created months ago but was not part of the deed or friends with anyone on the deed.  Non citizen role had red x for everything.

I'll leave this here in case anyone else can test on live if they have eggs that have decayed and they haven't touched the contents yet.

I just checked with the mayor, that alt did not have any special role, no permissions to pick up.

Update: we just got the opportunity to test again, because the mayor hadn't used their egg yet, so we repeated what I did before. The alt has no permissions to pick up on deed, no special permissions at all, only default non-citizen role screenshotted above. However, it was friends with the toon who dropped the egg on deed. So we repeated that too.

Scenario went like this:

- mayor accepted friends request from the newb alt. Mayor never uses friends for permissions, and definitely not for permissions on deed.

- mayor dropped the egg on the tile with the token.

- alt came on deed a couple of the days later, went to token and saw a flint. At right click, it had the option 'take', and used it.

[13:55:38] You get a flint.

- tested a few other items again: the alt cannot pick up anything else.

[14:34:31] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server. (a rug nearby, no structure)

This looks to me like simply being on friends list gives you the item from egg, even if it's on a deed you don't have permissions to pickup. The flint was on ground for more than 12h.

We don't have another egg to test on live, or we'd test if not being on friends list does or doesn't still allow you to pickup the item. :)

Either way, it looks like a bug, and a reproducible one. Being on friends list, but with no permissions attached to friends or toon definitely shouldn't allow you to pick up these items on a deed you have no permissions to. At minimum it's an unexpected behavior, we players are used to think that an item on a deed is submitted to deed permissions. The only special case I can think of (and why I asked the mayor to put the alt on friends list) was/is corpses of players, and even for those now there are profile settings to control if friends pick them up or not.

Probably it skips to inherit the permissions/ownership of the egg.. and newly popped item is free for the taking..:unsure:

Still not able to reproduce this with egg droppings from the last test which I left in place, but I've set up a few new tests.  Need to wait for decay but will add the bug to the list until my tests are ready.  Thanks for your details.

In the meantime, can you forum PM me the server name, deed name and player names involved in your tests?

If s/he haven't changed any of the (role)permissions... ask for screen, pm to you or somebody from staff... that might explain it.

Like.. on some deeds.. you could kill a troll and loot the club from it.. but not butcher or bury it.. while on other you cant do any of that actions.. or could do anything you like with YOUR kill/loot;

1 hour ago, Alectrys said:

In the meantime, can you forum PM me the server name, deed name and player names involved in your tests?

Deed: Saint Absy's Cathedral, Release.

Mayor: Elizarya.

My main: Amath. Villager on the deed.

My alt: Mya. Non-prem toon with only "non-citizen" role on the deed.

3 minutes ago, Finnn said:

If s/he haven't changed any of the (role)permissions... ask for screen, pm to you or somebody from staff... that might explain it.

Like.. on some deeds.. you could kill a troll and loot the club from it.. but not butcher or bury it.. while on other you cant do any of that actions.. or could do anything you like with YOUR kill/loot;

Screenshot of permissions of the alt, as seen from the alt, is in a post above, in a "spoiler" tag. The mayor hasn't changed any permissions for this newb alt, she only seen it once, and I intently never requested any perms for it whatsoever.

One of my tests resulted in the same behavior that you saw.  Noted my results and this thread on the bug report.  Thanks for your testing and details.