"I -knew- all this moonshine was good for more than just drinking!"

• Like 1

Bonus caption:
"What do you mean 'Crate your own ride' was a typo!?"

• Like 3

Caption: Leonardo da Wurmci's disastrous test drive of the ill fated "horseless wagon".

Welcome Ausimus! Also, good to hear about Keenan getting more involved. The new dev team outstanding and seems to really understand the hearbeat of Wurm. I am full of anticipation of any future additons they provide.

caption: This could very well work next time, but the car is useless.

Edited by Kurson
  • Like 3

Thanks all!

I've had a few people who have been confused by what this means for me, so a little clarification:

Since November 2015, I've been a volunteer developer. In April of 2016, I took on some contracts to handle deploying game updates and other server-related tasks, to handle any code repository maintenance, and to handle Steam/Wurm Unlimited issues and builds. I've not done a whole lot of hands-on code development since then except for bug fixes.

With this new arrangement, I still have those jobs, but I will also be dedicating more time to development on the game itself. As Retrograde pointed out, my initial work will be mostly behind the scenes. I've been slowly making my other tasks less time consuming by introducing automation, and that is where my initial focus will remain. The less time I need to spend on preparing builds, the more time I can spend on other projects!

So for those of you who swore I was already a developer or already a paid contractor for Code Club, you're not losing your marbles (yet!). I'm just stepping up my time and will have targeted tasks to help improve productivity.

• Like 12

Caption:  Ok, now when I tell you, light the fire under the barrel. Trust me, it'll go, I used whiskey instead of oil in the barrel and.....hey....where are you going?

Caption:  Wait........I changed my mind.

Edited by Amadee

Congrats on the promotions! Can't wait to see the new ideas brought to the table.

And thank you for developing a road system check. This will make it much easier to clean the area of NE Cele.

caption: "Check out my new alcohol powered rocket truck, the first tests didn't go so well and burnt to the ground but I think I've solved that by getting a Magranon priest to bless it. Lets go YEA HA"

im sure an official, fully functional mod loader would help make Malena's dream (and many other creative people out there) come true.  There must be lots of folks who would be happy to help Malena create a few UO specific creature types :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Grats Keeanan!

Vroom, vroom, zoom zoom!

That's not me in the car!

• Like 2

Caption: Here's wishing for a steampunk version of Wurm

• Like 1

Caption: Me: "I wonder whats in these........"

Him: "SUPPLIES!!!!!!" :lol:

Me: "AARRRGGHH - Not cool man -not cool"

• Like 1

"Damn trader! They told me it would be an upgrade from my hell horse drawn large cart... Now this thing wont even move! I want my cart back!"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This week we’d like to welcome Keenan to the dev team even more than currently with his contracted hours increasing so he is now officially a part time developer for Wurm.

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We’d also like to welcome Ausimus to the team who has recently joined as a volunteer developer as well. After much experience working with Wurm Unlimited code and creating mods, he has already made his mark with a couple of bug fixes that went live with this weeks update.

Good news to read of these two capable individuals added to the Wurm development structure. Here's hoping it will be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for both.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Eye of the...cat?
Some keen eyes spotted glowing green objects in last weeks shots, and I'm sure many of you have been wondering about their function. Today we unveil the beginning of our plans for a revamped highway system!

Freedom highway rules have long been a necessity to ensure ongoing infrastructure does not disappear overnight, but often winds up being a slow process with paperwork and permissions.

With this in mind, we've been taking steps to return the majority of control into players hands with highways, with a new highway system.

I notice on the test server that the catseyes run through the tunnel. Does this mean the new highway system will include tunnels? I assume it does, some early indication of what will be required for a tunnel to be considered a highway would be very nice. But, please bear in mind that some of the longer routes on Xanadu currently make use of single tile wide tunnels (with both walls reinforced), so if such tunnels will not be able to be used as part of a highway we will need some way of removing the reinforced wall to widen them.

Edited by Wulfmaer
  • Like 1

I actually mentioned this if you read down!

20 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This won't mean the elimination of all highway rules, wanton destruction of highways and other abuses will still fall under freedom rules, but less necessity in requiring GM approval, and also allows caves to be protected too!

As for one tile wide caves,  if they arent part of a heritage system they aren't protected in any way currently, only via the mechanics of reinforced walls. so we can't just allow them to be removed.

If it's a heritage cave thats one tile wide I may need to speak with the GM team about our stance on helping there.

That crate has an entire horse worth of power!

Caption:   *sings*  All my friends, know the Low Rider

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Ebriel said:

Caption:   *sings*  All my friends, know the Low Rider

Just give this guy the prize.

Caption: Its time to think outside the box and get into the crate

• Like 2

caption:

*Drunken ice cream truck music playing*

Driver shouts and waves .. .. "Step right up folks!! EVerrryy body! Get your ice cold adult beverages here! Beer, Moonshine, Vodka, wine, anything your heart desires! Step right up! Come quench your thirst at San Escobar's Premiere Liquor Truck! "