Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Please explain the story of Wurm to me

My closest encounter with the mystery that is "Wurm" was a worm-looking god creature on the Valrei map. Other than that, I have zero clue why Wurm Online is called "Wurm" online. Who or what is Wurm?

Aye its the name of the planet, and the name of a super powerful monster/being. Unsure if its worm-like persay as one appearance of the Wurm (insanity path hallucinations) is that of a larger dragon than the dragons ingame.

There isn't a really indepth backstory made by the founding devs, Notch and Rolf.

There was a barebones timeline and some history pages in the wiki; however, almost everything else is fanmade fiction. Granted some of the fanmade stuff became so prevalent Rolf made it official.

Overall, the devs leave it as an open sandbox more or less, and let players impact the history and current events.

Ugh, just checked and even many of the official history pages seem to have been scrubbed from the wiki.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

As odd as it sounds, I believe the entire backstory/lore of Wurm is told as a conversation between puppets. No one ever noticed because who was leveling puppeteering aside from a few odd people? One of those "understanding WU code" threads could probably pull the details for you.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chakron said:

As odd as it sounds, I believe the entire backstory/lore of Wurm is told as a conversation between puppets. No one ever noticed because who was leveling puppeteering aside from a few odd people? One of those "understanding WU code" threads could probably pull the details for you.

You also had to have cast Courier on the puppets, which no sane person would have attempted without knowing its effect.

1 hour ago, Chakron said:

8 minutes ago, thorgot said:

You also had to have cast Courier on the puppets, which no sane person would have attempted without knowing its effect.

Unfortunately, it seems unfinished or bugged, possessed puppets only say few new lines that don't make a story.

I don't think it's unfinished (but maybe i'm missing something), but there are other conditions and you might need multiple puppets to get all possible conversations.

Spoiler

Each puppet has a hidden "performer type" based on its item ID, with 24 possible variations. Those "performer types" need to match some specific values to trigger some of conversations. You will need multiple of each puppet, all enchanted to trigger all possible conversations. Also enchants > 70 trigger different conversations than < 70.

If there is interest i can get the conversations out in an organized list.

• Like 8

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, Klaa said:

Wurm (insanity path hallucinations)

This is the truth behind the name in that the creators got lost along this path on the way to cognizant thought processes. Digging their way out they envisioned themselves as common worms but so direct a reference would not cover their tracks; thus, from the depths the Wurm(s) had arisen!

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
miss-spells
  • Like 1