Sign in to follow this  
Hailiah

Fair Warning

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, Angelklaine said:

Freedomers complain about Chaos players being nothing more than thieves and crooks, yet I live on Chaos and from day one I havent had an issue. If I drop my complete armor set on the ground, it will be there a week later. I have access to Eva's magical chest and enchanted tools within. No one has stolen a thing.

3 hours ago, Cecci said:

That's Panda :D

Its also my experience with JK and TC as well. Chaos players are more community / kingdom orientated it seems than freedomers.

On 5/30/2017 at 5:04 AM, Rhianna said:

Its also my experience with JK and TC as well. Chaos players are more community / kingdom orientated it seems than freedomers.

This.

The sense of community is ever present. Even the MR guys who returned to Freedom. If I ask for someome to imp a weapon for me, they get it to 90 and then laugh when I ask how much. Its the sense of community, of people who put their minds less into profit and more into having fun. I can't help but think that its a product of the monetization of the game: Each action = 10i. Its so engrained into the Freedomer's mentality that very few people would even consider giving an enchanted tool away, or sailing to a fellow Wurmian to enchant their mailbox. 

It goes so far that players would scoff at any development change that hurts their profit margins.

It goes so far that even developers quantify PVP losses as having monetary value.

This is a game. Its virtual currency. Its not supposed to be someone's job. Where has the sense of community in Freedom gone? 

• Like 2

Not everyone playing on Freedom have lost that sense of community.  Many alliances have that same attitude towards fellow allies, but usually these alliances also protect their little communities by not letting asshats join, or is someone reveals true colours of being an asshat they would be kicked out with a nice big cement boot.  As for general public, I can only speak for myself but as a general rule I would rather pay someone to imp something to 90 than grind the skills and do it myself, so in that sense I am okay with paying for services which my friends can't provide. I am sure the person who grinded to get to that level and get the mats to imp something to that level, have a right to ask some compensation when asked to imp something, and seriously, if you convert a silver back to real life money it is less than a cup of coffee.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

Not everyone playing on Freedom have lost that sense of community.  Many alliances have that same attitude towards fellow allies, but usually these alliances also protect their little communities by not letting asshats join, or is someone reveals true colours of being an asshat they would be kicked out with a nice big cement boot.  As for general public, I can only speak for myself but as a general rule I would rather pay someone to imp something to 90 than grind the skills and do it myself, so in that sense I am okay with paying for services which my friends can't provide. I am sure the person who grinded to get to that level and get the mats to imp something to that level, have a right to ask some compensation when asked to imp something, and seriously, if you convert a silver back to real life money it is less than a cup of coffee.

That is true. But thats not my point. I have nothing against people charging for services. Thats the beauty of Wurm, you do whatever you want. Plus the great economy this game has is a nice touch. Nothing wrong with someone asking for silver for their time.

What bothers me is those self proclaimed critics who love to call names to the "PVPers" calling them thieves for penning a dragon or an unique, then turn around and gouge their fellow Freedomers with crazy prices for enchanting grass tiles, or a mailbox. People live spread out doing their own thing, then give you the eye when you donate 10k dirt to your neighbor. Hell, I got hate from another dude because I was selling dirt at 70c/1k at one time, because I was "ruining the market."

Then I go to Chaos, and theres a bsb with 5k 80ql iron lumps for me to use whenever I want, courtesy of my pmk. 

I am not taking jabs at anyone. There are great communities out there: The Amish guys and thr Shadowfly communities for example are great people. A shout for the Celebration Misfits as well. But its been my experience no one will take a 10 minute ride to drop an altar for you , unless you give them silver in return.

So sad.

• Like 2

Personal favor still costs them some time, it's sometimes fun to help, but not as much when it's on demand and time-sensitive.. or having a few friends to help.. could reflect on you with a full 1-2 day imp grind when you had other things planned.. but you still want to help them and do so.

Since tool enchant/rune/rarity/imbue/ql and player-skill(affect success/fail rates), ~all do affect action timers.. the time it takes to improve something varies.. the one thing that doesn't change is the relative market value of the item.

Game's not finished.. but you did at some point take the decision to put your time into something, and somehow you feel that you deserve what you were promised when you started that.

You got a weapon imp for free.. another player depends on monthly extra silver from web shop or personal craft/trading to get spare coins for weapon/armor imps, deed upkeep etc... while certain things are free for some, they aren't for everyone. While it's a good MR-PR to imp for free for kingdom members, we cant all be from same kingdom right?

* mentioning mr just because it was already mentioned, it's a template in my statement, could be replaced for any other kingdom as ~every single one of them usually have kingdom-craters/casters doing things for free and supplying the 'army'.

That's how it is on chaos.. on freedom for challenge people have marketing goods and exchanging, traveling around for various reasons and building castles both above and underground.. To each their own, people are free to do so many things in a sandbox.

I know of a few stories of people who left after their things were stolen, and nothing could be done about it. It's the sense of the game, you get the feeling that in the sandbox you're able to do so much... and than something clouds that, ruining the experience.

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Hell, I got hate from another dude because I was selling dirt at 70c/1k at one time, because I was "ruining the market."

^ This.

If you try to sell anything at "not the REAL price".

21 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

^ This.

If you try to sell anything at "not the REAL price".

nobody said there's "no competition" on pve lol:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnn said:

nobody said there's "no competition" on pve lol:lol::lol::lol:

Competition...intimidation...the real PvP has always been right here on the forums :D

• Like 1

I agree, nobody wins, but it's fun!

Stop horsing around here. That poor venerable *uncared* for horse must have died of loneliness by now. Even horses want to be cared about.

=Ayes=

I told him to eat a bag of ... very mean people.  Competition is healthy. Even Nikki has been lowering her prices to match the market to competitive levels. Redreaper has a large stock, and while his prices are not always the best, he has what you need when you need it. Launcelot's prices are stupid cheap. Everyone has their niche. But these well known sellers dont desperately harass you because they want more revenue. These people play the game, not run a for profit business.

What bothers me is that the sense of community has become a luxury only close knit groups can afford. We cant live in our own worlds, not caring about those around us. Recently I helped someone recover after getting scammed out of his very last penny. He was about to quit and I got him back. Didnt took much, just a couple spare tools an old boat and some good will, but hes back on his feet now and back in the community.

I think we need more of that. People who care. Who go out of their way to play with others.