Joseph

Change truestrike

Best change ( other than removing ) would be to put a dumb cool down on it

like 1 hr or 2 hrs or something that isn't spammable

universally agreed that this is complete c a n c e r

10 minutes ago, Joseph said:

universally agreed

Nope. -1

1-2 hour cool down won't help because who ever is targeted is still going to feel the effects, there is already 3 minute cool down. 

I think the change that is needed is the way it works all together, it shouldn't be a 100% critical hit but a 100% chance TO hit ONCE or a 50% increased chanced to hit for the next 3 swings, or something similar.

Yeah, cool downs won't really help, get 5 of them on you and you're gonna have a bad day, you won't survive the 1-2 hour cool down.

Also increase the karma cost from 500 to 1k. 

Truestrike should be nerfed, i don't think anybody would disagree but plasters won't really 'fix' it. 

Edit: could be based on the Power so the % you deal damage is depending on the power of the cast, along side 1k karma and a 5 minute cool down, up from 3 minutes. 

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bdew said:

Nope. -1

What you don't even pvp

What McLovin said works well enough too. Or change true strike crits to mini-crits instead of whoom now you're dead sucks to suck get truestrike ;^)

its literally the worst tome to compete against. People shouldn't drop in a handful of hits isn't this what we were trying to distance ourselves from?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bdew said:

Nope. -1

Actually can you explain why you -1'd because I can't see it being for any other reason than greed so I'm interested

the only counter is wurm assistant and a sound/alert to pickup the 'true strike' message, then start to dispel that guy before they can hit you - if on boat. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Edit: could be based on the Power so the % you deal damage is depending on the power of the cast, along side 1k karma and a 5 minute cool down, up from 3 minutes. 

based on power benefits top end accounts with elite tier mind logic

the idea is sound though, and i always thought something like true strike randomly doing anything from 1.1-1.5x dmg instead of flatout 1.5 would be cool, this way it can be a tiny bonus or a nice bonus but not maxed out every time.  combined with a 5 minute cooldown id be ok with leaving it at current karma cost

to get really sneaky is use resistances... any critical hit (which would include true strike) gives the victim a resistance that blocks or a chance to block a crit turning the hit back into a non-crit.  no idea how possible it is code wise but that would solve the 5 people with true strike issue.  turn it more into strategy than ok everyone cast and get one guy down fast first

• Like 1

Resistance would be cool and I think more beneficial than some of the current resistances imo

( hat shield bashing resistance )

Why not just make it an alltime passive dmg increase?        

Btw it was sad that they nerfed crit damage to nerf truestrike.. It is similar to nerfing armour base reductions to nerf sotg. Glad that didnt happen

Interesting topic and numbers... I predict several nerfs to this buff if this topic keeps growing^_^

:ph34r:

Bump. Dev team looking for more exposure. Seems to think nothing is currently wrong with how it works. 

Bump for more talk on true strike... Anyone able to talk about possible DPS by using TS. 

Perhaps damage itself is not the root issue. And I can agree with Mclovin about the comment that cool down alone would not be the solve all problem but what other ways can there be in addition to extended cool down?

I think it would be better if it was useful to finish someone off, rather than something that several people on a boat cast to try and instant Gib someone.

Add a cool down, up cost, remove the cast time so it's instantly puts up the buff.

Lol, its still 100%? 

Hahahaha

Its even more sad to see that people -1 this.

1 hour ago, LorenaMontana said:

Lol, its still 100%? 

Hahahaha

Its even more sad to see that people -1 this.

It's a guaranteed critical, not a guaranteed hit. Damage from it was toned down from a critical + damage to just a critical. Is it possible that simply 6+ people all attacking one person at once is the major factor rather than true strike?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Is it possible that simply 6+ people all attacking one person at once is the major factor rather than true strike?

6 people without truestrike or 6 people with truestrike?  Trust me, there's a difference.

• Like 2

Why didn't I see this post sooner.

+1 +1 +1 +1 for at least a cooldown.

2 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

6 people without truestrike or 6 people with truestrike?  Trust me, there's a difference.

Very large difference.  See truestrike being casted and it's like "game over man, game over."   RIP! Bill Paxton.

Edited by nicedreams

given mclovins post a cooldown won't help heaps, how would changing it to a guaranteed hit (pending parrying/glancing) impact it?

• Like 1

I've only been on the receiving end of True Strike don't know what McLovin knows.  Glad he's not trying to make it stronger for himself at least. :P

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

given mclovins post a cooldown won't help heaps, how would changing it to a guaranteed hit (pending parrying/glancing) impact it?

500 karma 3m cooldown for a buff that lets you not miss but you can still be parried/blocked/glance is pretty useless

The problem is the receiving end as I said earlier in the thread, thats why I thought an invisible resistance to being critted could help or something, but if that isn't possible there's other alternative thoughts.

Change guaranteed crit to guaranteed max damage.  It could still be a crit but that would be normal chances irrelevant to the buff.  No idea how good or bad this would be

Or instead of trying to fix something broken we could just scrap the idea entirely and change it to be a buff like truehit, same karma cost, lasts 30(?) minutes, gives X amount of offensive cr  (truehit gives just cr).  Useful and not op?   Edit: if you do this should probably remove the ability to cast true strike on other players, though it probably should be removed anyway

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Retrograde said:

It's a guaranteed critical, not a guaranteed hit. Damage from it was toned down from a critical + damage to just a critical. Is it possible that simply 6+ people all attacking one person at once is the major factor rather than true strike?

That is a big factor yes but in all honesty there is only so much you can do against a precast group all targeting 1 person. The biggest argument with TS is the DPS factor which is caused by the abilities it has being the fast cast timer and cool down and the fact you can just alternate 2 or 3 people to keep casting it on their strongest player so he can plow through people. 

Restrictions need to be put in place. Be it cool down timer extended, cast timer extended and a cool down timer added to those who don't have it but are receiving the buff.. With an added cool down timer on the players that received the buff that will eliminate the ability to keep chain casting it on the best player in turn fixes a lot of issues. 

500 Karma cost is nothing to those who know how to extract it.

Any nerf would be a positive update in my opinion.