Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Previous WU dedicated server version, where is it?

Was this ever an option? I see the beta and current option for WU server. I do get the previous version for WU client.

If previous server version and client was always available I could limit my mod updates to every other version. I don't mind waiting for the new content.

Edited by joedobo

The standalone server never has to be updated.  The problem is the client, not the server.  These are two separate things.

Just now, Ricowan said:

The standalone server never has to be updated.  The problem is the client, not the server.  These are two separate things.

Oh, so I want the previous version for dedicated server.  I guess I could use the server version included with the client.

just to be clear...

1. I could play with the current version

2. When 1344 goes to standard branch I'll switch to previous version.

3. When the next beta comes out I'll switch to that.

This means I would never have to update mods for 1344 or any of the other "every-other" releases.

So there is always 3 versions(previous, current, betta) for the client+server version?

You can just make a copy of the server and put it elsewhere so updates won't touch it.

• Like 1

Hmm...  The server that I host my test WU server on doesn't even have the Steam client installed on it.  The dedicated WU server will never be updated unless I manually update it.  I assumed that's how most people do it, but I self-host so... :D

Sorry about the confusion.

On 4/26/2017 at 3:17 PM, Ricowan said:

Hmm...  The server that I host my test WU server on doesn't even have the Steam client installed on it.  The dedicated WU server will never be updated unless I manually update it.  I assumed that's how most people do it, but I self-host so... :D

Sorry about the confusion.

I was running dedicated from the directory that steam installs the dedicated server tool in. For this directory the tool automatically gets updated per whatever steam update option you have. 

Bdew's way is how I'm doing it now. I copied the dedicated server folder and put it elsewhere.

Now If I could some how get CodeClub to offer a WU version that only gets updated once a year and that update would be one that has been well tested and debugged I'd be pleased.

I just realized, how am I going to update the copied-over dedicated server tool? If I just copy the folder from the steam directory it'll overwrite things I don't want to be overwritten...database, .map files, heck even mods.

Do I just copy everything over except the server folder (In my case its Purple Apple) and the mods folder?

Edited by joedobo

a clean steam install comes without database folders now (the template creative/adventure are in a dist subfolder)

and yes you can overwrite everything except your world folders.

Edited by bdew