Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Add scaffolding for terraforming mine ceilings

So the idea is simple, add wooden scaffolding we can construct, deploy, take and redeploy to terraform high cave ceilings. Since adding building possibilites in mines, high ceilings are necessary for building multi story buildings and we can only flatten and mine so high. Can't reach the ceiling. So this is where scaffolding comes in, make it maybe a fine carpentry item that can be taken, moved, pushed and re-deployed around the mine so you can climb up and level the ceilings. 

For the sake of non exploits, should be a mine only option so people wouldn't use it for some unsavory pvp tactics. 

What say you?

• Like 11

This has been asked for before and only hope it comes to a cave near you soon.....

+1000000

Since the latest change we can now mine out the ceilings between your buildings using traditional scaffolding, just build wood structures. A few hundred planks and you can clear out those icicles!

Scaffolding be nice to have, but I am content with the current system better than the option we had before which would of required 100s of bricks and mortar.

• Like 3

+1 - there is a couple of suggestions on the same already, it is really wished by us, mad miners :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Since the latest change we can now mine out the ceilings between your buildings using traditional scaffolding, just build wood structures. A few hundred planks and you can clear out those icicles!

Scaffolding be nice to have, but I am content with the current system better than the option we had before which would of required 100s of bricks and mortar.

Yes I've built quite a few wood towers already right after the change was introduced. Already more convenient... now we only should be allowed to push plank structures around :P

Ladders and siege towers in general... not that I'm against collapsible scaffolding.

Yeah the idea of scaffolding would be to be Deployable and Pack-able. Maybe load it into a wagon, then once deployed it can function like staircases in a house, leading you to higher levels. 

11 hours ago, Klaa said:

Ladders and siege towers in general... not that I'm against collapsible scaffolding.

Ladders would be a great addition to the game.  Could be used for 2nd store housing where you don't want a 2nd floor but want the walls 2-3 stories high.  Use ladder for raising mine higher also.

I've said it twice i'll say it again and i'll resist the urge to link all the other threads.

+1 Bamboo!

Yeah if people have already suggested it , might as well get some more traction on the matter, get this implemented people! Raise your pick and raise your voices! Swing swing swing with me!

Perhaps the simplest way is the following: a wooden construction that can be dragged or pushed (also in water up to 25 depth, for instance) and positioned on a corner. As an option pick up and plant in corner. You embark it (like a chair) and can mine ceilings while embarked on it. Make it universal or in 2-3 sizes, no need to keep it too realistic

edit: More comfortable way could be pushing it to the center (thanks a lot for this feature btw) and embarking 1 of 4 available seats. They don't have to always be oriented the same way if it's too difficult to implement - it doesn't hurt to try and see for ourselves.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 2

I think some type of mobile scaffolding as Zigozag mentioned would be best. Perhaps on a bed like a catapult. Still, it will look kind of weird several floors tall, like maybe with house floor ladder type openings able to be build to who knows what heights.

=Ayes=

+1 to this but an option to build on sloped tiles also is super important