Sign in to follow this  
e7seif

Source Fountains and Springs

I'd love to see how source springs work to change.  I'm so sick of running into "mysterious" windowless, one-tile huts when out wandering the woods.  Named things like "hunting lodge" or haha, "Lindon tree"...yeah right. xD

Fencing in source water shouldn't be possible.  And you shouldn't be able to deed over them.  I think it would be a lot more fun if they appeared randomly every season or Wurm year.  Full of source and can only be emptied once.  It would make going out and exploring the woods a lot more exciting to know you might find one of these untouched.

I want this even though it would mean that the three springs I use would be gone (none of them are penned in).

• Like 1

this was suggested after the many sources nerf. Not only they can be fenced, but seeing they only contain like 0.02 source liquid, they are utterly useless.

• Like 1

why cant things like source springs spawn for a short time and then disappear to re-spawn at a different location?

• Like 1

or spawn like treasure chests and respawn elsewhere once drained

Well... sometimes a hunting lodge, really is a hunting lodge ;)

Building over them does rather suck on pve servers, since pvp servers have an inherent means of dealing with the issue.

Working as treasure chests and respawning somewhere else, some time later.... seems like the best option IMO

Than forums are going to be filled with whining how.. certain people on 5speeds and gear.. run around like mad collecting src-liquid :unsure:

So... what works best to keep everyone happy, than?..

8 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Working as treasure chests and respawning somewhere else, some time later.... seems like the best option IMO

Than forums are going to be filled with whining how.. certain people on 5speeds and gear.. run around like mad collecting src-liquid :unsure:

So... what works best to keep everyone happy, than?..

For sure!  Good point, but people will always find a reason to complain or a way to take advantage.  However, random spawns still seem a lot better than how it is now.  And more fun!   I think there would be the possibility of coming across one, regardless the speed of your mount. :)

rng spawns alone is replacing the problem, not solving it, you'd be surprised how many people cant sit around and just hunt, you wont get a chance to pick anything if you're an average player.

Something better should replace the old ##### sheds.

--edit

current system is probably involving a bunch of alts.. logging in the sheds to gather the liquid and log off... until the w/e container(s) they have... have gathered enough for the main to come by... and pick the valuable goods.. ready to be sold to highest bidder<_<

Edited by Finnn

I disagree, since they are hard to spot in the first place.  Especially if you are going along fast.  But I'm on Xanadu where there is a lot of land to cover, so maybe it would be more of an issue on the smaller servers.  Anyway, it's more a lesser of evils sort of thing.  I still think it's better than the currant system.  I mean, how many fountains have you found lately?  Wouldn't even a slight increase be worth something?  There could be better options, and I'd love to hear them.  This was all I could come up with! :)