Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

2 New Green Onscreen Messages

Just two extra messages to flash onscreen, similar to how vessel results do.

"You stop leading X" (maybe with a nice sound effect?)

"X starts to treat/bandage/heal your Y"

The first one would help travellers a lot with keeping track of animals

The second one would help healers a lot, mostly folks who firstaid and treat wounds.

• Like 1

You stop leading should have a sound effect you can toggle off and on.

Leading~ message is good idea, corners of buildings/fences/etc.. solid objects often release the animals.

+1

and.. *why* ?

Treating/healing/bandaging for green message on screen(not just event log..), makes me wonder if you've healed anything recently.. often it's not just one action, and whoever/whatever you're healing.. you have your attention there as you're doing it.

So.. why the spam on screen?

1 hour ago, Soleca said:

You stop leading should have a sound effect you can toggle off and on.

If you use Wurm Assistant, set up a trigger for this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Finnn said:

Leading~ message is good idea, corners of buildings/fences/etc.. solid objects often release the animals.

+1

and.. *why* ?

Treating/healing/bandaging for green message on screen(not just event log..), makes me wonder if you've healed anything recently.. often it's not just one action, and whoever/whatever you're healing.. you have your attention there as you're doing it.

So.. why the spam on screen?

Seeing that Ether is like THE guy for healing at most of Xan's Rifts, I can see the need to let people know so they don't go charging off mid heal.

Yeh...  Generally, during big fights, folks move around a lot; this interrupts both magical and mundane healing.  You're usually healing people whose attentions are on the fight itself and their health bars (especially at rifts), not on the local chat saying "healing X now".

Its the reason why not many people bother offering non-magical healing at rifts, people just move around too much.  A simple green message would fix this (maybe just make it toggleable if people would object to the spam).

Edited by Etherdrifter

On 4/22/2017 at 3:03 PM, Talohan said:

Seeing that Ether is like THE guy for healing at most of Xan's Rifts, I can see the need to let people know so they don't go charging off mid heal.

I'd still hate seeing that ON-SCREEN, like the new alert/warning messages.

Option to enable these is ok.. idk, I'm just pretty sure NOBODY likes mid-screen messages/top/bottom doesn't matter...

You've heard about NMS... the game with 1000(00000000...) mid-screen messages for achievements... 

fighting tab for stances could have a check box for healing/treating/bandaging/etc.. ? or it could be somewhere int the settings... since rifts are ~common.. probably best to make it easier to set on/off

+1 good idea @Etherdrifter

(you should have mentioned the rift bunnies, idea's good, but oh heW.. on/off switch for the ocd people and immersion whenever rifts~ aren't a thing)