Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Revert Nolocate change

What about a cool down on the same player, can't locate within 15 mins of same person or 30. Giving them ample time to get away, but this also keeps the potency of current compared to old.

I have tried to explain how important it is remove anti roaming mechanics and in fact add in more reasons to roam to a wurm team member but it seems from the response that it's not understood how that creates pvp. 

I feel because of the comment he/she made that perhaps the same feeling is shared throughout the team, so I wanted to point out a few things and in hope others can help break it down for them as well. 

When we talk of pvp that does not mean we want to meet in the open field and brawl it out. That is not what pvp is or ever was about. Back when there was only wild there were all types of players YES there were pve players who stuck to their respective kingdom territories (which today kingdom terriotories no longer exist thanks to lack of thought behind the place a tower where ever you want mechanic) that did stuff like hunting and roaming and so on.  The game was all about adventure, the countless times I sailed into enemy lands spotted and chased out.. The countless times running across some ruins that had a few At the time good items in it... Today for a long time now no one does anything other then sit and grind behind talk walls or build talk walls to sit behind and grind. 

The new locate system is shat for the many reasons people are listing. But when the wurm team hears about it they comment back saying I thought you wanted pvp? The thing you wurm team are missing is the fact that YES we want pvp but we want things to do that create pvp. HOTA take a look at how hota is won for example. There has literally been only a hand full of an actual fight to win Hota. Everyone knows it going on everyone knows your there once you pop local and it becomes a standoff or a overpower to win scenario. Look at Rifts, i think 2 have been completed on chaos when there was still a purely dominate kingdom on server and never completed since. What incentive does a group have to go out and roam to find a fight when they know NO ONE is out there to find. 

Removing how NO LO works right now to making it a bit harder like it once was helps add to more venturing out. With the addition of adding more reasons to go out and hunt for things like chaos chest, or a new type of humanoid camp with loot drops of random common items or simply removing the red beam from Rifts that now starts to incentivize people to go out and hunt for these things which in turn gives incentive for others to also go out. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 5:56 AM, Quicktor said:

Since you can pretty much locate everyone now even through body nolocate, people dont want to roam at all cause the "powerhouse" of the server just locates people at random, and get hits pretty much every time. (talking bout epic btw, dont know how chaos people feel)

So please change it back to what it was, thanks....

It was transplanted epic people on chaos complaining to have this changed in the first place. 

Oh its too hard to find people we can never find good pvp.

No joke.  Can triangulate where people are from doing locate at different deeds.  Minus well just put icons on the Chaos map where everyone is.

bump

here's something for you devs to think about

this feature currently encourages you to not play the game

it is much better if you simply stay offline because then traps and such will not be blown

• Like 1

hello can we get a dev to comment on this

it's getting quite depressing having to sit offline in a cave for hours because there's currently no other way to trap someone

Would having no local and no /who ability on pvp maps help? Without changing the current nolo?

If not no local, put the local on a delay for premium only players.  15-20 minutes.