Sign in to follow this  
SuperFly

Views

How is it some of the server ads here get like 50 views and others have like 25k views???  How can the difference be so drastic??  Is there some other place people are posting to this forum??  Just curious  thanks

• Like 1

As a person who regularly looks at the new ads, I would say that what draws me back to some are those that have been around for a while and have only a single thread, those that have regular updates and news rather than 'bumps' and the ads that have maps and/or pictures.

I have seen that you have advertised your server using several threads. It may be this that is diluting your 'hits'. Why not persevere with a single-feed and drip-feed some information about your server from time to time so giving people a greater insight into what your server offers.

I can imagine how much work you are putting into your server and how it may be proving difficult to get the numbers of people that your effort / server merits. I wish you luck and I await your next update with interest.

Some slap their ads in game chat, maybe other places, blogs/websites/forums/reddit/...(spam friends on facebook back.. to join a game for a change)

Maybe you're looking at some really old post and comparing it to a new one?

There's also the possibility that search-machine bots are crawling certain links more often and generate views over time.. ('bump'-ing your post is what makes that page change some information... and search bots take that for NEW information, call it 'valuable' and based on how often that happens... crawlers could peek over and over the same url more often to stay informed)

In other words... not all views are actual views from humans.:unsure:

There's also the possibility... somebody opens the post and goes nuts on F5:huh:

2 hours ago, Spolmit said:

As a person who regularly looks at the new ads, I would say that what draws me back to some are those that have been around for a while and have only a single thread, those that have regular updates and news rather than 'bumps' and the ads that have maps and/or pictures.

I have seen that you have advertised your server using several threads. It may be this that is diluting your 'hits'. Why not persevere with a single-feed and drip-feed some information about your server from time to time so giving people a greater insight into what your server offers.

I can imagine how much work you are putting into your server and how it may be proving difficult to get the numbers of people that your effort / server merits. I wish you luck and I await your next update with interest.

Thanks for the positive response, I will just "add to" my postings instead of a new one, does this method bring the post back to the top as NEW or just mark it as unread?  any help would be great as yes LOTS of time has been invested in our server, over a year online!  we have a small core of players just looking to add more.  We just moved to our own dedicated server, our own website and forums instead of "paying" to have them hosted.  Hoping this will help, it has allowed us to add our second map (Quite Large) because I can upgrade my server myself instead of paying for "memory upgrades".

Again thanks for the response.

The Lands Of Norhaven

Superfly

Edited by SuperFly

Thanks for the reminder, I just realised that we have 25k by now :D

36 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

Thanks for the reminder, I just realised that we have 25k by now :D

Just a bit jealous :)