Sign in to follow this  
icbash

Merchant Option

Merchant Option To trade only You the Owner. or Set People or Group of People Like the Perm System on a house. would add a lot of security and make alliance trading a lot ez when people not online

• Like 3

You can put a merchant inside a house that is set for who can come in or out.  This way we do not need another set of permissions.

1 minute ago, Pashka said:

You can put a merchant inside a house that is set for who can come in or out.  This way we do not need another set of permissions.

they don't work if you have windows  or even a bugged door.

3x3 house with no windows.  If that isn't good enough, put a fence with a locked gate around the house for a 2nd layer of protection.

should be added to prevent theft, please consider devs!

Do not know about now, but you could use ships to get into houses :) you could even disembark into the house and relog to find yourself out of the house. 

you could use wagon and passenger's seat to see through walls of the house as well, as well as you could target things in the house, so merchant shouldnt have been an issue (but thats only assumption though).

I mean if there is a slightest way or smallest error it will be used and abused. It shouldn't be so hard to put few lines for merchants anyway. 

Edited by bangzuvelis

Thats why you cannot trade while embarked on anything any more

• Like 1

Doesn't this defeat the point of a merchant and just further encourage the misuse of them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

Doesn't this defeat the point of a merchant and just further encourage the misuse of them?

As opposed to a load of random alts?  Seems like a better option to me.

This obviously applies to Freedom servers only... let's make suggestions that benefit the entire wurm population instead.

6 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Sorry but i would love to set up merchant for just my alliance to buy wares off me. it is a AI you should be able to tell him only sell to X players or Dont sell to this Group.. no where did i say anything about chaos or Freedom....
Wurm has a Huge Storage prob... for 50s you get a magic chest that holds crap... put 3 shelf in it make it like the new Large storage Unit. It is not worth the cost Large Magic Chest can be pushed off deed put a house over and stolen.
All this merchant abuse and weird storage things people do because what ya got in game Are Poorly thought out. atm merchant  can be set up no one can move them take them over or steal there goods(if prices are set right).

37 minutes ago, icbash said:

Sorry but i would love to set up merchant for just my alliance to buy wares off me. it is a AI you should be able to tell him only sell to X players or Dont sell to this Group.. no where did i say anything about chaos or Freedom....

This is good, being able to set merchant for alliance/village/friends would be neat.   Most of us(I think) usually discount our normal charges for alliance memembers, being able to do it directly with a merchant would be neat.

• Like 1

I just do not see the need for another set of permissions.  I think we have enough of them that keep getting us all into trouble.  You think the house is set until a bug happens and people get in.  You think you have the merchant set until someone comes and empties it because of a bug.  Just protect the merchant as best you can.  Then you can set the prices and hope that nothing happens.  It is very easy if you have the house set for alliance mates or hell even a courtyard with alliance allowed on the gate.  It really is no more protected or less protected than if you had a whole new set of permissions to make everything even more confusing.

House build and gates are not safe ya can get around them all just like getting into someone house.. more perms never bad . yes bugs happen but they can be ezly tracked  what a player dos to get into a building the gm has to see it happen to understand how they did it