Sign in to follow this  
Gido

No-damage duels / spars

Hey Everyone,

Perhaps as many of you, my friend and I enjoy ourselfs a duel for fun. Checking which one of the two is a bit stronger and/or luckier at the time. Though with getting increasingly expensive equipment it's taking the fun out of having a friendly brawl to repair that said equipement.... Guessing our suggestion is pretty clear by now:

Remove damage done to equipment while in a duel/sparring match. This would open up a new activity for people to enjoy without it being very costly.

Kind regards,

Gido

Edited by Gido
  • Like 2

I really see no point running into a spar with maxed out gear and enchanted weapons, how is that skill vs skill?.

If you enjoy sparing i would suggest some really basic gear you can make and maintain yourself with out to much time.

Bucklers and short swords while naked anyone? :o

+1 tho because i don't see any actual impact to mainstream game play. 

15 hours ago, lawurm said:

I really see no point running into a spar with maxed out gear and enchanted weapons, how is that skill vs skill?.

If you enjoy sparing i would suggest some really basic gear you can make and maintain yourself with out to much time.

Bucklers and short swords while naked anyone? :o

+1 tho because i don't see any actual impact to mainstream game play. 

Sure that's a fair skill comparison, but sometimes you just want to try out that new set of equipment and see if you are the thougher person :P

• Like 1

Do you get skills from sparring?   I don't think so but it's been a long time.   If you don't get skills then sure, +1 to no damage to gear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greyfox said:

Do you get skills from sparring?   I don't think so but it's been a long time.   If you don't get skills then sure, +1 to no damage to gear.

There is no skillgain in sparring/dueling :)

Good to see it's so well recieved! Surely hope there is a chance this will be implemented ^.^ 

Hours of fun!

Personally a duel should have a chance of dying, and sparring should have more protections.

EDIT: Also aye theres no skillgain from either mode; though, personally it should be fine letting one gain up to 20 in Fighting, shields, and w/e weapon. Especially in sparring. Whether it should be faster than prac dummies or slower than actually fighting... dunno.

Edited by Klaa

little bump cause I still think this is a great idea! :)