Sign in to follow this  
Yetoo

Ground is transparent in Linux client

Alright, so I decided to try out this game and as I finally loaded into the world, I was met with solid ground. Then randomly, the ground turned transparent and my game lags because of it. I thought I somehow clipped through the ground so I did /suicide but that didn't work as it brought me to opaque ground which randomly turned to transparent. Note: I can see the parts of the map that all the sprites are blocking. 

My java version is: 

openjdk version "1.8.0_121"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-b14)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b14, mixed mode)

My javaws version is:

icedtea-web 1.6.2 (fedora-3.fc25-x86_64)

This is my OpenGL version:

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD REDWOOD (DRM 2.49.0 / 4.10.8-200.fc25.x86_64, LLVM 3.9.1)
OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 13.0.4
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 13.0.4
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 13.0.4
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

This is my graphics card:

/0/100/2/0                           display        Redwood LE [Radeon HD 5550/5570/5630/6390/6490/7570]

Here is the screenshot: https://ibb.co/efsAt5

• Like 1

Could you provide the console log in a pastebin link? It's found in the wurm directory as console.playername.log

Wurm with OpenJDK is a gamble, I recommend installing Oracle's Java instead (make sure to remove this one first though).

Please do submit that console log too, might help us figure out why it doesn't work on OpenJDK in first place.

• Like 1

I had the same issue. In my case I could pretty much determine that it was related to lighting - too many light sources and the ground disappeared. So I figured it was GPU related. (No ######.)

Anyways, after tweaking the graphics settings, I determined that lowering the settings did not at all help, I checked the wurmpedia for a better explanation for the settings. Finally found these lines (http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Client_Configuration#Compatibility_tab):

GLSL shader support
Used for certain ATI workarounds. If this option is disabled, reflections will not work.

Well, I have an AMD GPU so I tried disabling GLSL shader support and I have not experienced the disappearing ground issue since. Been working fine for several weeks now. Just I cant play with reflections now :'(. When I want to take pretty pictures, I have to do it in Wurm daylight (one single lightsource doesnt seem to trigger the issue). Oh, and also: simply turning reflections off did not do the trick.

Well, hope this might be of assistance to you.

Have also considered doing a bug report. Any point?

Edited by gooner_
Correction

On 6/17/2017 at 2:16 PM, gooner_ said:

I had the same issue. In my case I could pretty much determine that it was related to lighting - too many light sources and the ground disappeared. So I figured it was GPU related. (No ######.)

Anyways, after tweaking the graphics settings, I determined that lowering the settings did not at all help, I checked the wurmpedia for a better explanation for the settings. Finally found these lines (http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Client_Configuration#Compatibility_tab):

GLSL shader support
Used for certain ATI workarounds. If this option is disabled, reflections will not work.

Well, I have an AMD GPU so I tried disabling GLSL shader support and I have not experienced the disappearing ground issue since. Been working fine for several weeks now. Just I cant play with reflections now :'(. When I want to take pretty pictures, I have to do it in Wurm daylight (one single lightsource doesnt seem to trigger the issue). Oh, and also: simply turning reflections off did not do the trick.

Well, hope this might be of assistance to you.

Have also considered doing a bug report. Any point?

same problem i turned off GLSL and it worked!

• Like 1

I am using OpenJRE though. Am curious of what results I would get from switching to OracleJava, but haven't gotten around to it. Do you know what version of Java you're using MrCoolMan?

java version "1.8.0_131"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_131-b11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.131-b11, mixed mode)

i used many sorts of linux 's best for me gaming way was manjaro but i am not that new to arch linux so

thoose protocols

manjaro was better for my graphic card but when i am new to pacman and thoose protocols its not easy so

oraclejava isnt stable, but u need it for wurm for some parts to work.

its the grapics that will make a miss match ill looked at it since before, and thats to bad make it open jdk and u get so many more user peeps P

oracle is windows so.... do i need to say anything more....

Havent had that much issues using openjdk. However, I do get some system crashes now and then. Might be related.

i removed open jdk and dropped in oracle java it works, well i needed to do a GLSL thing for my comp but after that it been working great.

the thing is with GLSL on workaround ill see stripes in ground where there is lights i see blue stripes, and yellow, and i dont wanna go back to windows just to play a game, me looking at coders....

ill think on it i seen this problem before but it was solved...