Sign in to follow this  
Araxiel

[No Bug] Hog roast (possible bug)

I'm not entirely certain if this is a bug or not but eating a hog roast gives you nothing but nutrition and food. No carbs, calories, fats, or proteins are gained from eating it what-so-ever. If this is intended please delete this thread.

It is intended, but as a result of a few things

Each individual item in a meal has its own CCFP values.

The total CCFP of a meal is the sum of its ingredients affected by complexity of the meal (number of preperation stages, amount of ingredients, etc)

So a meal like a hog roast is pretty simple, pig corpse + stick, so you won't get many CCFP values off that.

So it's not a bug, just a result of some meals being a bit more fun and fluff than others.

I got 80% proteins and 20% cal off of a lamb roast though just the other day. I guess that just doesn't make any sense to me.

On 4/16/2017 at 6:35 AM, Retrograde said:

It is intended, but as a result of a few things

Each individual item in a meal has its own CCFP values.

The total CCFP of a meal is the sum of its ingredients affected by complexity of the meal (number of preperation stages, amount of ingredients, etc)

So a meal like a hog roast is pretty simple, pig corpse + stick, so you won't get many CCFP values off that.

So it's not a bug, just a result of some meals being a bit more fun and fluff than others.

How does this make any sense?

The corpse spits should be more rewarding than it is.

You have to find a branch first,  find a pig, kill the pig, make campfire, roast the pig... and get nothing but "food" points up? ( Not to mention losing the corpse harvest like bladder, meat, glands etc )

Why in the world would do these roasts even exist then?

It could have been a good starter food for beginners to find a pig ( easy to kill ), forage a branch and have a good meal but as it is now its pretty useless.

Thats a shame because it looks cool and is something different than "Normal cooking" .

Edited by Berms