Sign in to follow this  
Fraeya

Cannot attach rune to a pelt

Can pelts be given an item type so we can attach runes please, they take lots of damage from use as it is, would be nice to either reduce that or increase speed etc like other tools

• Like 2

+1

Mend rune also doesn't work on a pelt as far as I've seen.

• Like 1

pelts and whetstones are *special* creation... it's silly that you cant use scissors to trim damaged parts from the pelts, or use a chisel to chop/sharpen that whetstone to 'repair' damage... both causing ql to drop like any other repair or .. drop item's weight... which could affect the rate at which it takes damage(I'm not sure if that is actual mechanic in wurm for anything)

or .. sure.. wrap a rune with a pelt.. and use that *creation* to polish crafts... (oh gawd... my immersion...:wacko:)

arent runes magical.. blablah... when used arent they just applying to the item one way, no way to restore/pull them, arent they actually... like 'imbue' without option to improve, other than... replacing the effect? save the lore.. magical-something-something-with the lore... and 'cast' the effect of the rune on the pelt? OCD crafters with the game's lore probably wont go nuts and be happy with the result ;)

You can attach a rune to a whetstone though, only "tool" you cannot is pelt to my knowledge

• Like 1

+1 Definitely should be possible, probably an oversight as you can attach "any material" runes to pelts, just not specific material ones like speed/damage reduction.

yes, please let us attach runes to pelts