Sign in to follow this  
Theonis

Deli Public Notice: More Highway Work

Greetings to all my Deliverance residance.  Your local highway building posting up here as a heads up.  There is a highway that heads past shark lake, it squeezes down into 1 tile wide in an area I call the bowl.  I have lost much skill there due to the mobs, but that is beside the point.  I have plans and have come to the conclusion to cause as little disturbance to other roads there I am going to at least upgrade to two tiles wide on the north and south portion of my planned work.  The east and west portion will be three tiles wide while keeping my calling card highway pattern.  There may be some disruption to the flow of traffic as this will not be a project that will be done in a few days.  I think i will need two months on it as it will requiring surface mining. 

I have marked in the yellow the portion of the road I am upgrading.  The white line is the current road it self and i will be following that path.  I have no intention of changing its current path, I only marked in yellow to show which portion I will be working on.  I will be leveling, widening, and adding road art basically.  This is located at M 20 using the community map and R 17 using the in game map.

Road%20work.png

There are no other deeds near this area for I have looked in the area.  If some one is intrested in helping, pleaes cntact me for the plans I have, my highways are bit of a high standard when I make them.  See link for an example.

Edited by Theonis
  • Like 4

as long as its not damaging the amazing view from my new deed SouthWest Mountain of SharkLake... :)

It shouldn't change any thing at all, as I had started it years ago and never finished it as some one put a deed over the work while I was in the middle of it.

• Like 1

I have started Theonis' planned improvements to the Shark Lake road and the project is progressing well. Most of the major surface mining is complete and the road is currently being raised to eliminate some ups and downs.  There is a small problem area in the middle but that will hopefully be resolved soon if someone can assist me in the enchanting of transmutation liquid.

adyi34.jpg

• Like 3

Nice work there.  I plan to get to the east west part this week my self as I have killed two ore veins with 9k hit each and am going stir crazy

East - West portion linking the North - South highway to Shark lake road is now complete.

Sharklake.jpg
Sharklake1.jpg

• Like 3

The road path followed the one that has been there for years.  It never was an official road untill now.  It is two lanes along the edge of the lake and three lanes now for the rest.  There are plans to make it three lanes along the mountain side, though that will require more dirt than I have e stashed away right now.  Poison  basically did 95% of this whole project.  He has this mining alt that is a beast with his skills and has been online e more often then I have.   Basically we discussed what how's and whys we were doing it the way we were.  

We could have done a tunnel but it was desired to surface mine.  The reason. For this is the part that goes by the lake it self is a trap as once you enter it you have to make a run for it at this point as you will have e more s on you as you slowly crawl up the mountain side.  The hope is that when you get to the top before you turn that you have enough stamina to pull away from your pursuers at the flat level area I stead of going up another 20 slope hill again.  If it were a tunnel you would have to worry about special cave spawning creature's.

• Like 1

though I haven't been there yet myself, the pics are looking great, good job guys.

• Like 1

Update : 2 lane road leading North - South past Shark Lake towards Puzzle Plaza has been upgraded to 3 lanes.  Some cosmetic changes will be introduced in the near future.

Sharklake.jpg
free image hosting sites

Edited by xxxpoisonxxx
Adding image
  • Like 1

After spending a few hours riding around deli last night I am baffled why there was outrage over a few oaks planted.

I mean seriously? Half the server is paved over with extra wide highways, all you need is 2 tiles wide. =p

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Half the server is paved over with extra wide highways, all you need is 2 tiles wide. =p

I have heard this before.  The easy answer is this is equivalent to the one tile wide with sand on each side requirement.  A wide highway makes it easier to see mobs.  The in depth reason is that for me highways are what I enjoy doing.  You have those people who like to sit in front of a forge for days on end.  You have those who like to mine all the time.  I like to see progress in a reasonable amount of time.  A road takes a lot of time, especially the three tiles wide.  Also having three tiles wide allows for road art that I feel is ascetically pleasing.  Deli has had a reputation for having nice roads so I put effort into maintaining that standard.

The new road system being implemented will allow for easy removal of unused roads and I'll be out there removing some my self when that happens.  But the new system from what I am told does not support three tile wide highways as well.  So I'll have to see what is given to us in that regard so I can properly plan for it.

So, Jake, why do you complain when you know 3 wide is within the new meccanics and all?

You have no good reasons, only bad ones.

Bullying Quasiwuds friends cause of a situation involving Quasiwuds oaks is maybe to aim the wrong direction?

And you are not improving MRs reputation either by coming to other servers to take our uniques.

Not complaining, just saying creature spawns do not occur on pavement (as far as I know anyways), and massively wide roads do more damage than a oak forest, just saying.

In any case if the catseye system ever goes live, it will work on a 3 wide without having to just stay to one side making things look uneven.

U done alot of work if i can help u with anything after my break i took give me a pm ill get mats needed or so and ill help aswell

On 7/3/2017 at 9:25 AM, JakeRivers said:

Not complaining, just saying creature spawns do not occur on pavement (as far as I know anyways), and massively wide roads do more damage than a oak forest, just saying.

In any case if the catseye system ever goes live, it will work on a 3 wide without having to just stay to one side making things look uneven.

Dont throw a stone in a pond ;)