Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 13/APR/17

How do I make a rendered wall? Not in the options to make a wall and I cannot use clay (or trowel) on a finished plain stone wall ..

33 minutes ago, Kadmint said:

Quick question: do new slate slab and birck pavements require concrete?

no slate products require concrete anymore

3 minutes ago, Vengus said:

Are sandstone veins supposed to be rare? I checked my hundreds of tiles big mine and from what I can see, not a single sandstone spawned.

Other than that, great update! Lovin the clay brick roads. :D

they will populate over the next few days

• Like 3

Just now, Jaz said:

How do I make a rendered wall? Not in the options to make a wall and I cannot use clay (or trowel) on a finished plain stone wall ..

activate clay and right click on a plain stone wall

Thank you - works I've just overlooked the option. A marvelous thing :D

Maybe they look better above ground, kinda miffed not being able to render the parapets.

Z1770N3.jpg

SLIvA62.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Cant bash the new wall types, tested on sandstone and marble

Has this been addressed @Budda@Retrograde

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:
    • Changed the projectile starting positions of turrets and archery towers to line up with their models – This should allow them to fire from anywhere they have proper line of sight to a target.

What does this actually mean? Is it line of sight from the top or bottom? Is it using archery mechanics e.g. Are they not able to shoot over tall walls/buildings and/or shoot through windows?

26 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Maybe they look better above ground, kinda miffed not being able to render the parapets.

Those walls look freaking amazing!

Can the rendered wall be painted? (ie white ofc)

Would be nice if mayor bashing could be tweaked , pretty annoying to spend a month bashing fences again, imo 1 mayor bash at 30 seconds should be enough to take down whatever wall you want. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

What does this actually mean? Is it line of sight from the top or bottom?

They previously couldn't do much of anything because the line of sight started at the ground, now they should start at the glow ball of turret and house of archery tower (assuming, Budda could confirm if it's different)

Did another building in render, I am liking these new options, good work art team.

Shame I have to demo a few other buildings though to get the round stone and brick options, but worth it for the looks.

Add new parapets asap though!

How to understand which is "left" and "right" arch? It is very easy to build the wrong one - depending on which direction you are facing.

Another great update from the new Wurm dev team. Way to go, guys!

I just can't do anything else but making sandstone bricks, trying the different walls since te update - thank you for all these stuff!!!!

Please please please let us build middle arch sections without the supports ... :P

Spoiler

If this can fight the gravity, the 3 tiles arch will surely live too...

Spoiler

Edited by Jaz

15 minutes ago, Jaz said:

How to understand which is "left" and "right" arch? It is very easy to build the wrong one - depending on which direction you are facing.

If you build the wrong one, you have an option to swap sides.

• Like 3

I'm writing first before checking properly again...

Applause for this update! Puts a lot of people back into gear to build on their deeds again :) 

Finally, underground dwellings on pvp servers.

Excellent list for both pvp and pve, will the new structure types be as strong as the standard brick walls we have atm against raiding?

As summed in discord, the effect on PvP from these changes

b80544e351.png

inb4 "b-b-but it hasnt been out for more than a day how could you possibly know what the new meta is going to be and the effect it has on raiding" with complete disregard for the fact ive been raiding for like 10 years.

can't ram an arched wall in a cave, the ram always reports it hits the cave wall and causes no dmg.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

As summed in discord, the effect on PvP from these changes

b80544e351.png

inb4 "b-b-but it hasnt been out for more than a day how could you possibly know what the new meta is going to be and the effect it has on raiding" with complete disregard for the fact ive been raiding for like 10 years.

I mentioned this to retro and he said I was extrapolating and to not do that. 

You should go on test and do a full scale raid to prove your """theory""".  At least that's what he told me to do :rolleyes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

I mentioned this to retro and he said I was extrapolating and to not do that. 

You should go on test and do a full scale raid to prove your """theory""".  At least that's what he told me to do :rolleyes:

if you need me to test my ability to build a wooden fence before you can fire a catapult shot, you need remedial lessons in basic arithmetic. 10 seconds to shoot, 5 shots per fence, but takes 5 seconds to build fence. :/ 50 seconds to remove, 5 to build, i dont know how people dont see this as a problem.

And yes, i'm aware of the damage splash, its not enough, you can still outbuild with a single person, and even then, the deterrance isnt the house itself its the dirtwall and you cant remove the dirtwall without removing the house, and you cant remove the house if a single wall exists anywhere. So if you want to not get raided, you just have two people build a wooden fence in different spots around the longhouse as time goes on, and unless you have 10 trebs or enjoy pushing something constantly (but if you push they will be able to build like 15 fences in the time you relocate it), you wont be able to do anything. Sorry.

Edited by Propheteer

Sign in to follow this