Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 13/APR/17

Changes and additions:

• New method for getting rid of unwanted hedges:
    • Hedges can now be cut down similar to trees and bushes with a cut down action or the CUT_DOWN keybind.
    • Destroying hedges on deed is tied to the “destroy fences” permission.
  • Dredging additions and changes:
    • You can now flatten and level with a dredge.
    • You must not be embarked when using flatten or level.
    • When dredging from a boat, the dirt/sand/clay will go directly into the hold if there is room. (You must have room in the dredge for this to happen).
  • The spawning of Valrei mobs has changed so that they spawn spread out across the server instead of in groups of 10.
  • Keybind MILK added.
  • Underground housing will now be enabled on PvP servers.
  • Happy Easter! Hot cross buns have been added as a recipe, you’ll have to find out how to make it yourself though!

New housing additions

• SANDSTONE INTRODUCED:
    • Will act like marble or slate vein.
    • Will spawn randomly out of rock tiles across the server.
    • Can be created with a transmutation rod.
  • NEW ITEMS:
    • Sandstone bricks (Sandstone shard + chisel).
    • Sandstone slabs (Sandstone shard + chisel).
    • Slate bricks (Slate shard + chisel).
    • Slate slabs (Slate shard + chisel).
    • Round stones (Rock shard + chisel).
  • CHANGED ITEMS:
    • Slate slabs now are created with 88kgs of slate shards and a chisel.
    • Pottery bricks now require 5kgs of clay instead of 15.
    • Pottery brick floors will have new textures.
    • Stone slab house floors will have new texture.
    • House stone slabs will be changing to sandstone slab flooring to retain the same texture (if this is not immediate it will be addressed).
    • Round cobble roads are now paved with round stones.
    • Rough cobble roads are now paved with colossus bricks.
  • NEW WALL TYPES:
    • Left arch.
    • T arch.
    • Right arch.
  • NEW WALL TEXTURES:
    • Rendered wall – Plain stone wall + 20kgs of clay
    • Sandstone wall – 20 sandstone bricks and 20 mortar.
    • Pottery brick wall – 20 pottery bricks and 20 mortar.
    • Slate wall – 20 slate bricks and 20 mortar.
    • Rounded stone wall – 20 round stones and 20 mortar.
    • marble wall – 20 marble bricks and 20 mortar.
  • NEW PAVEMENT TYPES:
    • Sandstone slab pavement.
    • Sandstone brick pavement.
    • Slate slab pavement.
    • Slate brick pavement (existing slate slab pavement will become slate brick pavement).
    • Marble brick pavement.
    • Pottery brick pavement.
  • NEW FENCE TYPES:
    • Pottery brick fence.
    • Pottery brick iron fence.
    • Pottery brick iron fence gate.
    • Sandstone fence.
    • Sandstone iron fence.
    • Sandstone iron fence gate.
    • Marble fence.
    • Marble iron fence.
    • Marble iron fence gate.
    • Rendered fence.
    • Rendered iron fence.
    • Rendered iron fence gate.
    • Slate fence.
    • Slate iron fence.
    • Slate iron fence gate.
    • Round stone fence.
    • Round stone iron fence.
    • Round stone iron fence gate.

Siege weapon changes:

• CATAPULTS AND TREBUCHETS:
    • New algorithm now used for Catapults/Trebuchet projectiles that properly takes into account starting power, gravity and firing angle of the siege weapon:
    • Starting power determined by number of winches for catapult, and loaded amount for trebuchet – power directly relates to starting velocity (so 20 winches is 20m/s).
    • Arc of the projectile is checked along it for any walls, floors, bridges or fences it hits, otherwise it will travel the full arc until it hits the ground.
    • Anything within a small radius of the landing position will take damage, radius depends on the size of the thrown projectile.
    • Weight, quality, and final velocity of the projectile all add into how much damage it deals to the things it lands on – metal and stone projectiles do the most damage.
    • Projectiles still have a maximum of 20 damage per shot.
    • Added new actions to catapults and trebuchets to allow changing of the firing angle.
    • Firing angle defaults to 45 degrees, can be changed to be between 5 and 85 degrees.
    • Added messages when winching and changing the firing angle of a catapult or trebuchet that will give an approximate firing distance of the projectile.
    • Action time for winching now takes skill into account, will be 33% faster at 100 skill.
    • Projectile landing messages now give a full breakdown of everything they hit, and how many of each thing – as well as naming which structure(s) received damage.
  • BATTERING RAMS ADDED:
    • Minimum 21 body strength to use it.
    • Uses the War Machines skill for skill checks – action time is 33% faster at 100 skill with a base timer of 30 seconds.
    • Checks a short area in front of the ram for anything to hit, first thing it hits will take damage. Area should be closely lined up with the model.
    • Can only be used by one person at any time, user must be quite close to be able to use it.
    • Damage dealt increased by the ram quality and the skill check result.
    • Ram does double damage to walls underground.
    • Citizen or ally with destroy wall permissions will deal bonus damage.
    • Cannot be used on steep slopes.
  • ARCHERY TOWER AND MAGIC TURRET CHANGES:
    • Turrets and archery towers now have increased range based on their quality – up to 5x their base range at 100ql.
    • Turrets and archery towers will now shoot faster based on quality – up to 33% faster at 100ql.
    • Turrets that fail to fire anything when they have a chance to will now do a firing animation without sending out a projectile.
    • Changed the projectile starting positions of turrets and archery towers to line up with their models – This should allow them to fire from anywhere they have proper line of sight to a target.
  • Added a 3x bonus to damage when bashing arched walls manually.

Bug Fixes

• Bug fix: Fix for negative quality rift resources as participation reward.
  • Bug fix: Fix to prevent most unique creatures from spawning inside a deed.
    • New dragon types use a different spawn mechanic and may still spawn in a village.
  • Bug fix: Christmas trees and snowmen were removed from the mission items lists.
  • Bug fix: Fix for offline tamed/charmed pets sometimes not logging back online with their owner.
  • Bug fix: Addressed a few spelling and text errors.
  • Bug fix: Hot stills can now be picked up from the ground if empty.
  • Bug fix: You can now properly use the /join village command even if the village which recruited you
  • has more than one word in its name.
  • Bug fix: Some recipe fixes:
    • Eggnog can no longer use itself to make more eggnog.
    • Sausage skins can no longer be nested inside each other.
  • Bug fix: Improved checks to allow pushing items from a house floor onto a bridge and from a bridge onto a house floor.
  • Bug fix: Improved bridge checks, if a bridge is destroyed or decays, planted items on that bridge should no longer give the error message ‘You need to be on the same bridge’ when interacting with them.
  • Bug fix: Addressed infrequent issue in which roof and floor damage exceeded 100.
  • Bug fix: Fixed dual faith issues between Chaos and Freedom PvE servers.
    • Leaving Libila on Chaos and joining no other deity will now properly set you to no deity when crossing back to Freedom servers.
  • Bug fix: Deity colossi can now be destroyed by owner and/or mayor on a deed.
  • Like 8

Very interesting update, lots of changes and lots of work, thanks!

I'd comment more, but the most important thing at this time is I.can't.wait.to.see.the.new.walls! :D

A question: so you have to disembark to flatten or level with a dredge?

49 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

NEW WALL TEXTURES:

• Rendered wall – Plain stone wall + 20kgs of clay

what is this?

4 minutes ago, Anarres said:

A question: so you have to disembark to flatten or level with a dredge?

I wondered about this also... seems to negate the whole flatten/level aspect of dredging, or am I missing something ?

YES!

I got very excited about the new wall and fence types and now they are live!

Thank you for making the game yet again interesting and entertaining for us :) 

12 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

what is this?

build a plain wall, take 10 clay (20kg) right click - render

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Pottery bricks now require 5kgs of clay instead of 15.

LMAO And I made them all in advance. Oh well, that's how the brick rolls sometimes. :-P

Nice update!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Audrel said:

LMAO And I made them all in advance. Oh well, that's how the brick rolls sometimes. :-P

Nice update!

You might have 3x the bricks now

• Like 3

no option to convert existing buildings to new wall types?

make life easy at esert

• Like 1

Yay! Looking forward to seeing the new walls and arches in game. And discovering that recipe! I've been RL busy, but I'm sure work will understand why I need to call off. :D Yay devs!

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

If that turns out to be the case, I will do both of my houses in red bricks! They looked really nice in the screen shots!

Just now, JakeRivers said:

no option to convert existing buildings to new wall types?

make life easy at esert

As we said, no, they require different and new materials, we wont be bypassing that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Nice update!

"Pottery bricks now require 5kgs of clay instead of 15"  its the small things in life! :-)  - I started to make them to have them all ready but when I realised how labour intensive it was I hoped for some change like this - glad i waited now! :-)  At least you got the skill ups for making all then Audrel!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Erinyesthegreat said:

how does this building underground work I have no option to build?

level reinforced floor

although there was no option on the pvp test server yesterday to build underground

Edited by JakeRivers

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

level reinforced floor

although there was no option on the pvp test server yesterday to build underground

so what u saying is it not live on pvp servers but they saying it is great

Edited by Erinyesthegreat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ordinii said:

"Pottery bricks now require 5kgs of clay instead of 15"  its the small things in life! :-)  - I started to make them to have them all ready but when I realised how labour intensive it was I hoped for some change like this - glad i waited now! :-)  At least you got the skill ups for making all then Audrel!

I dug 4500 clay so yep! I got a good bit of digging, all things considered. There is no such thing as lots of gain when you are in the 80s. :-P But I watched NetFlix while digging so I caught up on some show. Retro said I might discover I now have 3x the bricks so that would be more than awesome. 

I'm really excited to see the new wall types alive, thanks!

By the way is it a bug or is it me - cannot flatten or level with a dredge. The option is there, selecting it nothing happens. No timer, no error message, no event line.

Tried unembarked of course, there is an error message I need to be on solid ground (which should be unembarked as water is not solid).

8 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I'm really excited to see the new wall types alive, thanks!

By the way is it a bug or is it me - cannot flatten or level with a dredge. The option is there, selecting it nothing happens. No timer, no error message, no event line.

Tried unembarked of course, there is an error message I need to be on solid ground (which should be unembarked as water is not solid).

I'll raise it to be tested on our end, it worked on the test server, so I'll see what changed.

• Like 1

Following a little hiccup the underground buildings now works on PvP servers, make sure to plan using a mallet on reinforced flat floor

• Like 3

Quick question: do new slate slab and birck pavements require concrete?

34 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Nah, but that's fine. :-) I am putting my brick walls in now!

• Like 1

One suggestion, if I may @Retrograde

You might look into putting the walls into submenus. There are a lot of them now. Other than that, this is going great. :-)

• Like 1

Are sandstone veins supposed to be rare? I checked my hundreds of tiles big mine and from what I can see, not a single sandstone spawned.

Other than that, great update! Lovin the clay brick roads. :D

Edited by Vengus

Sign in to follow this