Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

Fix Fatigue

10 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Feel free to agree or disagree that it's a good idea, but it's demonstrably false to say that Wurm is the only game to care how much time people are spending on it. Game developers have been thinking about this for longer than many people here have been alive, and with MMOs in particular it's become a much more prominent concern.

Just remove it, systems like this don't belong in 2018. There are a million better ways to address botting issues which I'm certain is why this was put into the game way back when. Let people do whatever they want, you nor game devs have the right to dictate someone's life style. We all know big gaming companies tried in the past and it didn't go well for them.

While you kind of mention concerns, I assume you mean health, let's be honest though people that kill themselves playing a game from extended duration are far more uncommon than you think.  Personally I've heard about one death and that was someone that went nuts on diablo 3 several years ago.

6 hours ago, Niki said:

We all know big gaming companies tried in the past

I was specifically addressing someone who said otherwise.

22 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I was specifically addressing someone who said otherwise.

So funny that there isn't actually a gaming company out there worried about your health.

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

So funny that there isn't actually a gaming company out there worried about your health.

actually most are.....because A. bad press doesn't looks good B. an unhealthy players stops playing sooner then a healthy one...(the more years your with us playing the more we get from you)

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

For anyone interested in the roles games can play in health:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term="Games+Health+J"[jour]

There's no way every gaming company out there is being as myopic on the subject as you're being Jake.

Liability, profits, expanded markets, baby boomers, I mean jeez.. how thick would they have to be not to have ever thought about it?

That wouldn't be funny, it would be frighteningly stupid.