Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

Fix Fatigue

Starting off, I'll admit, it is VERY hard to hit the fatigue cap the first time(Took me over 3 years of playing before I hit it for the first time), but after you hit once, it's really easy to keep hitting it.  
After you hit it you log out, when you log back in the next day you've recharged 3-6 hrs of fatigue.  That's 9-18hrs out of game, doing all sorts of RL stuff to recharge that amount and it's really easy to grind that back down again.
Getting stuck this close to the fatigue cap really sucks.  There should be a way to prove that a person is not macroing  so they can get their fatigue either reset or at the very least get a boost to their existing fatigue.

• Like 1

Completely agree, it is hard to hit, but once hit, it is rather annoying until you get an entire day where you cant play.

Imo GMs should have the ability to reset it for anybody who wants, maybe with a quick description of why you hit the fatigue. If the GM is suspicious that the player is macroing then they can look into it.

• Like 1

+1

even an entire day only results in 8 hours of fatigue.

i do agree that there needs to be some change, requiring gms to reset it would work but i dont think that any ingame system should require exterior persons to work on it, especially if you're playing in a timezone that has few active gms this would prove troublesome.

simpy increasing the fatigue recharge while logged out (in a bed?) to 1 point per 2 instead of 3 hours would go a long way to help out those who keep running into fatigue problems.

11 minutes ago, Arium said:

simpy increasing the fatigue recharge while logged out (in a bed?) to 1 point per 2 instead of 3 hours would go a long way to help out those who keep running into fatigue problems.

Yep that could work

I've done it twise... with no-life play... working on a boat with low skill/and low ql parts.. or working on my boat and friend's.. which lead me to that 0 fatigue in 2 or 3 days :wacko:

That happens only if you have excessive unhealthy amount of free time to spend on the computer, also alarming how much of a pain shipbuilding could be with fails.. in addition to making parts and applying them:rolleyes:

Fatigue is also easy to hit if you chase only 1 skill that just sinks time, like.. mining, you're in 1 spot.. for 4-6hours before you get to the '**** this.." and go do something else or take a break(at high skill.. it just takes a lot of time to get tiny advances on the skill mastery)

coal making/metalurgy etc.... WEAPONSMITHING.... anything that is ~~hard to skill... and takes just unlealthy amount of actions to get a few ticks that day.. and you let yourself spend that time on that 1 thing... 

magic tricks is... to watch '/fatigue' and pace yourself.. every time you drop to 9-7hours... chill... if you push past that... you'll hit the limit in 1-2 days and have to skip a whole day, unless you can imagine chatting and not doing anything.. with plans for working on something

It's just a mix of do and dont's, fatigue's good to be there

On 4/12/2017 at 5:48 AM, Arium said:

I'd rather have sleep bonus offer 50% bonus to skill and good food(nutrition or whatever is equivalent to old 'nutrition') affect another 50% skill bonus... to get a good skill bonus.

Heard nowdays you can just turn on/off sleep bonus whenever you want without any cooldown... that is OP enough to do *miracles* with skilling

55 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I'd rather have sleep bonus offer 50% bonus to skill and good food(nutrition or whatever is equivalent to old 'nutrition') affect another 50% skill bonus... to get a good skill bonus.

Heard nowdays you can just turn on/off sleep bonus whenever you want without any cooldown... that is OP enough to do *miracles* with skilling

1) you cant, that feature was only live for about a day before a few people used it so extensively that it was changed to have a 5 minute delay to retoggling.

2) noone ever mentioned a change to the sleep bonus skill gain bonus benefit.

1) Had wrong information than, my bad, it's something I read from somebody.. as an update when I got back, thx.

and yea about 2)... was just a random thought that I'm aware wont ever happen :), wasnt a suggestion at all

bump. wish this topic would get any attention. even a quick solution like the mailing limit got would be more than enough.

Just make it reset after 6hours logged off.. def needs to be fixed any hardcore grinder has come close to hitting this

20 minutes ago, Arium said:

bump. wish this topic would get any attention. even a quick solution like the mailing limit got would be more than enough.

Mmmmh, I'd rather have it stay as it is... I've hit it 2 times... and learned to dodge it later, 2nd time was after a year break.. forgetting exactly what grayfox mentioned.. how easy it is to keep hitting it. 

BUT.. that's how you learn to not play unhealthy amount of time, just the finger pain is enough to demotivate you, if you need 3,000,000 bricks.. use more chars.. and skill up random 'decent' level of masonry to not fail often with creation.

Last thing you want is 90% of the tips during loading to be.. "CodeClub Reminds YOU!!! Take ocasional breaks!! You've been playing for 15 hours." :mellow:

I'd rather move the spotlight at skills with unhealthy disadvantage when it comes to skillng them up.

22 minutes ago, icbash said:

Just make it reset after 6hours logged off.. def needs to be fixed any hardcore grinder has come close to hitting this

Drop from 12h to 0.. go to sleep after a 24h or w/e.. marathon dropping to no-fatigue(wurm rockstar)... get up and back on the wheel :wacko:

FeelsSadMan

rather keep it as it is.

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

Mmmmh, I'd rather have it stay as it is... I've hit it 2 times... and learned to dodge it later, 2nd time was after a year break.. forgetting exactly what grayfox mentioned.. how easy it is to keep hitting it. 

How you want to play the game is not necessarily how someone else may want to play a game.

+1

Fix the fatigue, my friends suffer for no reason at all

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

How you want to play the game is not necessarily how someone else may want to play a game.

+1

Fix the fatigue, my friends suffer for no reason at all

I have to agree with this sentiment.  I've never hit the brick wall, but I chalk that up to luck that my preferred playstyle doesn't happen to trigger it, and not on any presumed virtue on my part over the preferred playstyle of anyone else.  RL already has too many (depending on where you live) damn busybodies and brothers-keepers insisting that their preferred lifestyle should be imposed on others "for their own good."  I sure as hell hate to see it in a game. (takes off grumpy old lady hat)

As for macroing, I feel that can be addressed with some tweaks to the system so that those who like grinding & such (shudders. lol. But not my business), aren't penalized.

+1

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

You feel rested. - or : how to learn to appreciate the small things in life?

Edited by Arium

[20:17:49] <Arium> [03:14:56] You have 54 minutes left. wont even make it to 96 mining before that. rip.

Some just want to grind all day long.

What do people do to get that fatigue that low, so fast, so many times to be an issue?

--edit

12 hours ago, zigozag said:

That is actually pretty simple. They grind efficiently.

Done that.. but it hurts after a few days or week/s, and you learn what to not do... to get there, must be something else

Edited by Finnn

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

What do people do to get that fatigue that low, so fast, so many times to be an issue?

That is actually pretty simple. They grind efficiently.

I don't really see the issue here.

If you're on Wurm long enough to actually hit your fatigue limit, maybe staying offline (or only being on long enough to do some quick chores) for a day isn't the worst thing in the world?

Let's say I run out of fatigue at 11PM on Monday night. The next day, I log on for some quick things only, resulting in negligible fatigue loss. By the time it's 8AM on Wednesday morning, I've already got 11 hours of fatigue stockpiled up, which is very near the maximum.

Edited by Ostentatio
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Let's say I run out of fatigue at 11PM on Monday morning. The next day, I log on for some quick things only, resulting in negligible fatigue loss. By the time it's 8AM on Wednesday morning, I've already got 11 hours of fatigue stockpiled up, which is very near the maximum.

impossible I'd say ?

• Like 2

my issue is this limits the players from playing the game how they want, sure there is an argument about macroing, but fatigue limit wouldn't stop that, and giving people who wanna play a limit is a little annoying, considering there is nothing against people using multiple toons or sharing access but with the risk of losing the accounts, people do it, but when others are using the same toon frequently or when your grinding your skills after another person had been grinding on the same toon limits you from playing the game how you want i think its ######, maybe consider this a QoL change since some people wanna grind their accounts vs buying them.

• Like 3

You see Levin's frustration trying to catch the big fish for the goal, twice in one week fatigue has capped, just from fishing.

Why should someone have to stop playing the game because of some artificial barrier.

• Like 2

I agree, this game is made to be a "grindy" game..... it take years to gain good skills, and it really is not fair to cripple a players account with "fatigue" when they are playing the game exactly how it is designed to play.

Edited by Evarya
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Evarya said:

I agree, this game is made to be a "grindy" game..... it take years to gain good skills, and it really is not fair to cripple a players account with "fatigue" when they are playing the game exactly how it is designed to play.

But isn't that exactly why it needs fatigue? If the game encourages you to essentially play it 24/7, it makes sense to impose some kind of incentive or limitation to play it less often.

Sleep bonus would do this, but since you can just pay for powders, it sort of doesn't.