Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

What is the most beautiful tree in Wurm?

What is the most beautiful tree in Wurm?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one tree:

Pick one tree that you think, or feel, is the most beautiful and appealing tree, for whatever good or silly reason. Add optional explanation below.

(My choice is the linden tree, because I love the shape, vibrant coloring of the leaves, and the fact that it's the underdog of trees.)

• Like 1

I like the oak but you can not grow anything next to them so opt for the maple for its fullness. I do however think the trunks of the new trees are the best but they lack the fullness on the leaves.  So... I guess I have to go with maple but I do think they need an update. 

• Like 1

I prefer open grass land, but if I'm doing trees just for looks, Fir trees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bittereinder said:

pls fix olive tree

Pardon?...

1 minute ago, Ayuna said:

Pardon?...

I think he meant he dislike how they look in game :P

• Like 1

Hard to mention just one.

My personal favourite is Linden - looks very representative, fits in lots of places, its model and texture are just perfect.

Second is Fir - it takes lots of space visually, but I like its appearance as well.

Third - Oak. Oak takes months to grow, so it is good to show the age/prestige of the village.

• Like 1

Although I love the oak as well, My first love was the Cedar tree. I love the fact that it is very tall, without limbs or leaves on the lower sections. This allows you to create a forest all around you that you can not only see through but can build right next to without much problems of leaves inside your buildings. (Plus it smells awesome!)

• Like 1

I'd have to go with the beautiful weeping willow! My grandma had a real one in her yard growing up.

• Like 1

Mine is birch in winter, particularly at sunrise or sunset.

Chestnut are me favorite.  I have a large grove of them surrounding my mine entrance.  Massive trunks, gnarled branches.

i picked Cherry but only because of how it looks in the winter.

This thread needs more screenshots. Post a beautiful scene involving your preferred tree.

• Like 2

I voted linden. They're probably the best tree model in game to decorate with.

Having said that, my preferred choice of trees are based first by my in game visibility, then by their look (texture). If I can see 40 tiles into the forest, then I pretty much "love" that tree type. My "tree list" looks something like this:

Linden is awesome. (height is perfect with no obscuring foliage, thin trunks - model is great)
Pine is great. (quite tall with high foliage, thin trunks - model is average)
Cedar and Maple are good. (tall trees with high foliage, medium trunks - models are good)
Birch is okay but i'm personally not a fan. (near perfect height but the foliage hangs a bit so obscures view, thin/medium trunks - model is average/below average)
Walnut is okay. (medium trunks, foliage hangs and obscures view - model is good)
Fruit trees are conditional. (short and foliage greatly reduces visibility, yet very thin trunks - models are good)
Oak is conditional. (medium height but low hanging foliage, wide trunks - model is below average/ugly [the prior model was far better])
Willow is no good. (low foliage, wide trunks, no visibility - model is average/below average)
Fir is no good. (low and dense foliage, trunks size is irrelevant because there is absolutely no visibility - model is good/average)
Chestnut is to be clear cut. (foliage is high enough but the trunks are extremely wide and provide no visibility and make for difficult navigation* - model is average)
Olive is to be clear cut. (low foliage, extremely wide trunks make for no visibility and difficult navigation* - model is very ugly)

*when trees have clipping.

10 hours ago, Xalorum said:

i picked Cherry but only because of how it looks in the winter.

I agree, Cherry in winter is the best.

• Like 1

Since I said I wanted a screenshot, here's my contribution.

You can't beat the comfyness of an oak forest.

Spoiler

mt9MDeb.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tryfaen said:

Since I said I wanted a screenshot, here's my contribution.

You can't beat the comfyness of an oak forest.

Hide contents

mt9MDeb.jpg

Ya, you really can't beat an oak forest

Oak because it looks like an actual tree and is huge as hell

18 hours ago, As_I_Decay said:

I voted linden. They're probably the best tree model in game to decorate with.

Having said that, my preferred choice of trees are based first by my in game visibility, then by their look (texture). If I can see 40 tiles into the forest, then I pretty much "love" that tree type. My "tree list" looks something like this:

Linden is awesome. (height is perfect with no obscuring foliage, thin trunks - model is great)
Pine is great. (quite tall with high foliage, thin trunks - model is average)
Cedar and Maple are good. (tall trees with high foliage, medium trunks - models are good)
Birch is okay but i'm personally not a fan. (near perfect height but the foliage hangs a bit so obscures view, thin/medium trunks - model is average/below average)
Walnut is okay. (medium trunks, foliage hangs and obscures view - model is good)
Fruit trees are conditional. (short and foliage greatly reduces visibility, yet very thin trunks - models are good)
Oak is conditional. (medium height but low hanging foliage, wide trunks - model is below average/ugly [the prior model was far better])
Willow is no good. (low foliage, wide trunks, no visibility - model is average/below average)
Fir is no good. (low and dense foliage, trunks size is irrelevant because there is absolutely no visibility - model is good/average)
Chestnut is to be clear cut. (foliage is high enough but the trunks are extremely wide and provide no visibility and make for difficult navigation* - model is average)
Olive is to be clear cut. (low foliage, extremely wide trunks make for no visibility and difficult navigation* - model is very ugly)

*when trees have clipping.

Have to agree with you on the willow model. It reminds me too much of the willows on Runescape. :/ 

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎09 at 5:40 PM, Araninke said:

I'd have to go with the beautiful weeping willow! My grandma had a real one in her yard growing up.

the ones up here in Canada do no justice to the species.. so I would say Olive though as mentioned they need a fix but are exotic and all that..

• Like 1