Sign in to follow this  
RazedtoThrill

Aesthetic Tile Changes

So in the upcoming update, there is going to be new tile changes. I'm going to focus on the current stone slabs, new stone slabs, and sandstone slabs in this article.

I have a bunch of current stone slabs in 3 of my houses, over 150 in fact, that I not only paid a lot of silver for, but I also worked very hard to make.

The new changes apparently are going to change those old tiles into the new stone slabs.. which is not what I want and not what some other people want as well.

The sandstone slabs are going to be made out of sandstone, which is a new ore, and it makes perfect sense of course.

My serious problem here is that I love the aesthetic of the current stone slabs and if they are changed into the new stone slabs, it would make a huge enormous mess for me to clean up.

In essence, I just really don't want my current tiles to be changed into the new tiles.

Hopefully if enough people support this something good will come forth.

• Like 1

Please as a priority absolutely No.1 keep the currently existing floor tiles AS IS. There is a reason why the exact tiles have been used in buildings. Replacing it to other textures will ruin a lot of designs also may not be possible to replace the existing floors in more complex designs.

I don't easily throw with this sentence but it is really a gamebreaker change if the existing tiles will be swapped out and a bad news out of the blue. Please simply modify the database entries of the existing tiles when the update is installed and keep the current looks.

• Like 2

that is the intention.

We're currently looking at it this week prior to release though

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

that is the intention.

so you are saying current existing tiles will stay the same? and only new looks effect new tiles?

Why dont we just add new tiles to the game instead of replacing old tiles?

11 minutes ago, Darwin said:

Why dont we just add new tiles to the game instead of replacing old tiles?

We are, the issue we face here is some make more sense as the new type than the existing.

Sandstone as that graphic makes more sense than a grey slab becoming that, but the graphic itself is pretty cool (thus why everyone uses it)

The slate slab changes are due to changing the requirements to make a slate slab, instead of 20 shingles and 5 concrete it will be a chisel + a big shard. Which doesn't match the tiled graphic.

So it can be a hassle shuffling things around sometimes, and I do understand that it can affect players in terms of orrying about their planned aesthetic change, but the intention is to have this implemented with as little change to how your deed looks as possible, we'll leave the changing up to you

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bramson said:

so you are saying current existing tiles will stay the same? and only new looks effect new tiles?

15 minutes ago, RazedtoThrill said:

Do you mean you intend to keep the current looks for the stone slabs or..

I mean thjat this is the intention, and hopefully is possible. We'll be looking at it over this week

• Like 2

Thank you for clearing all that up, I guess this really isn't a suggestion anymore, lol.