Sign in to follow this  
elentari

Add a rune that casts "genesis" spell on horses

So , simple idea, would help a lot of people on Freedom and epic who don't have access to sme,fo or nahjo priests. Add a rune or replace a useless rune we have now with a rune that can cast "gensis" on horses that removes a negative trait. 

It would massively help horse breeders and farmers in game, without having to track down a priest that casts genesis for them. Not everyone has access to them and rift materials are becoming abundant these days. 

What say you devs? Good suggestion ? :D

• Like 1

I'm going to give this a -1. There is already very little reason to be a Fo priest and if this change is added, Fo loses one of its last perks. I'm aware that it can be cast by another priest as well, but it's just one of those things where you can say "Hey, I can do something "any" other player can't, for once!" 

• Like 3

I don't think FO priests will necessarily be devalued over this , the idea was to help people who don't have access to fo priests, or simply don't have money to pay for them. Gives breeders a chance to get better horses rather than killing the negative traited ones. 

Thanks for the support corn :D, ill tell that to your 3 legged horse

52 minutes ago, elentari said:

I don't think FO priests will necessarily be devalued over this , the idea was to help people who don't have access to fo priests, or simply don't have money to pay for them. Gives breeders a chance to get better horses rather than killing the negative traited ones. 

I understand your point, and as a breeder myself I can say that the runes would be useful. However, as the owner of a Fo priest I have had to swallow a lot of changes that happened that made my priest more and more useless, especially now that there's a priest out there that can basically do all that Fo can do and more. Adding such a rune as things currently are would give people who have no access to a priest the chance to get rid of the bad traits on horses, but at the same time it would do two other things that I can not endorse:

A: It would make Fo priests even more useless than they are now.

B: It would change the entire horse market as well as devalue the animal husbandry system even more, by making it basically irrelevant whether foals or other offspring are born with bad traits because you can so easily get rid of them.

In conclusion, the negative aspects of this change outweigh the benefits when looking at the general picture.

(That is my own, personal opinion based on my own, personal experiences.)

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yldrania said:

I understand your point, and as a breeder myself I can say that the runes would be useful. However, as the owner of a Fo priest I have had to swallow a lot of changes that happened that made my priest more and more useless, especially now that there's a priest out there that can basically do all that Fo can do and more. Adding such a rune as things currently are would give people who have no access to a priest the chance to use get rid of the bad traits on horses, but at the same time it would do two other things that I can not endorse:

A: It would make Fo priests even more useless than they are now.

B: It would change the entire horse market as well as devalue the animal husbandry system even more, by making it basically irrelevant whether foals or other offspring are born with bad traits because you can so easily get rid of them.

In conclusion, the negative aspects of this change outweigh the benefits when looking at the general picture.

(That is my own, personal opinion based on my own, personal experiences.)

I agree with this. As cool as it would be for more spells on runes, I think this could also make inbreeding a bigger trend. I pride myself for my lack of inbreeding on my farms :) (and we have a Nahjo in the village that can cast Genesis if any bad traits do occur).

+10% gathering rune - did it change anything for rare/supreme/fantastic tools; potions of mining, wc pots, etc; 100 ql ore, 100 ql wood, etc? I doubt 1 rune for horse breeders can do any bigger harm/benefit than that (gathering) rune.

Moreover, Fo is useless priest after player Gods anyway.

Last but not least, its not like all rift materials will suddenly be used for creating one particular rune, so even if such rune existed, I do not believe that making few of those runes would have a massive influence towards horse breeding. 

edit: I did not mean to target any particular people by stating that FO is useless, it is only my opinion. If you believe FO is the greatest priest in wurm, please disregard my post as I am 100% with you on that! #PraytoTrueWurmGods

Edited by bangzuvelis

+0

I'm on the fence on this. 

Fo priests have been overly nerfed in the past couple of years, player gods pretty much replacing them.  It's more likely to devalue the player god priests than the fo priests since genesis is really not a fo unique at the moment.  It's not much of a devalue since every man and his dog has a priest alt to cast genesis anyway so we might as well open the market a bit for folks who don't want to have an alt.  +1 from that

On the other hand, I am seeing the slow slide of magic away from priests.  It started with imbue being aimed at non-priests and then was carried further by runes being aimed at non-priests and who knows what the PvP priest update is going to do to us so...  -1 from that

Edited by Etherdrifter

Yeah Etherdrifer has a point unfortunately. I am sorry to see your FO priests have been nerfed so bad and devalued over the years, i can sympathize with that. I don't want to screw over a breeder's market or anything. 

I guess it might just be for Epic then? There is no market here for genesis -ing horses, but with the ridiculously low epic player population (around 30-40 players per month? or so )  we could benefit from that. Not many priests left here that play. 

So might at least add it for Epic please? 

There is no reason to add something which has already a solution. For bad traits you have priests that can remove them. As long as you have access to chat channels you always have access to priests.

Try living on a server which once had 40 regular players, now down to  just 5 people before saying that. Epic is.....dying.

• Like 1

Don't have access to a priest then simple solution. Bad trait horses=meat and hide.

5 hours ago, elentari said:

Try living on a server which once had 40 regular players, now down to  just 5 people before saying that. Epic is.....dying.

so you're trying to bend the game to fit your specific situation, instead of doing something different in the scope of the game, like moving

gotcha

-1 - the spell runes are generally less-core spells, so priests still have some usefulness (they can't craft, remember).  Without picking out a specific priest flavour, genesis is probably one of the more-used spells, and it's by no means required for breeding, so keep it on the priests.  Aside from Epic, I doubt you're ever that far from a priest who can cast for you, and certainly most of the major alliances will have someone who will do it for nothing (I know ours will).