Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Forage item: Wild Bird nest

A new item that can be foraged: Wild Bird Nest.

Wild Bird Nest is a container, when opened the nest vanishes and the player gets 2-4 Wild Bird Eggs. A Wild Bird Egg can be stored in a FSB and used in any cooking recipe like a regular chicken egg.

Just a new cooking ingredient that is foraged rather than farmed. The eggs never hatch if left to rot.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 2

So replace an egg found via foraging with an item that gives 2-4 eggs?

Hmm, neat idea.  Gave me an idea that works off yours.     Instead of finding nests while foraging, nests could spawn in the spring and periodically produce eggs.   Sort of like how wild hives spawn and work.    Could have nests spawn in small trees(like fruit trees), in bushes and some on the ground.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

So replace an egg found via foraging with an item that gives 2-4 eggs?

Since you wouldn't be able to ranch "wild birds" to get a steady supply, chefs might appreciate a slightly better return.

forget nests and just have different types of eggs.... these eggs could be hatched via a bird cage mechanic to reveal 1 of say 5 different song birds.  Maybe 1 is fairly common and the other 3 or 4 could be very, very rare.  one will also continue to find chicken eggs of course.

more use for bird cages CHECK

something interesting to search for CHECK

new items that would contribute to economy CHECK

nice bird singing in the background within your deed CHECK

birdcages and eggs already in game - well on our way already.

On 4/5/2017 at 1:40 AM, Darmalus said:

Since you wouldn't be able to ranch "wild birds" to get a steady supply, chefs might appreciate a slightly better return.

I maintain a couple of chickens and I get 20+ eggs per day.  I don't think the supply is an issue if people maintain their birds.