Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Old UI option

Can you make it so there is an option to have the old UI (the current one) also when the new UI is released? Just for the players who may not want to learn a new UI or dislike it.

• Like 3

The new UI update will be working on a complete overhaul and improvement, it's unlikely that there will be an option to retain the current UI as the complete underlying systems will be redone, this isn't just changing the skin or a few bits here and there, the plan is to rebuild it from the ground up and that means we'd be spending more time rebuilding this UI as well, which stretches things out.

The new UI will have a long period of testing and plenty of time to adjust and take feedback, so we'll keep you all updated on that too

• Like 6

i so wish that let the UI be a plugin... i miss making ui's

It would be nice if all new UI graphics were just jpg/png in some wurm local folder, so we coulde edit them if we want to.

i'd like to see this too, depending on how the new UI turns out. but since retro already said its probably impossible i hope that at least they keep the current kinds of colour schemes in, or add to that. i do prefer darker coloured uis.

22 hours ago, Retrograde said:

it's unlikely that there will be an option to retain the current UI as the complete underlying systems will be redone...

Damnit.

I really can't word this nicely, without hurting feelings, so I'm just going to say it. Aside from the crafting interface, all of the widget type crap that has been added to this game's HUD in the past few years are nothing less than an annoyance to me. I can not stand having crap all over my HUD. I don't need silly buttons for everything, I have keybinds, or if I have to, I can right click.

I know that the attention deficit, brainless masses like shiny buttons and flashy ###### popping up all over their screen. It keeps them engaged and attentive. And that's why we have like 3 climbing buttons, huge orange text across our screen, a bunch of other useless toolbars, etc. right now.  

I have a bad feeling that Wurm's overhaul is going to cater to these types of people, and meanwhile, I am going to be left very frustrated.