Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

Dyeing colorful carpets please!

It would be wonderful if the colorful carpets were changed so that we could dye them.  The colors now are rather abrupt in comparison to the rest of the game, so it makes them stick out a bit.  The sizes could still be skill based, but if we could change the color, I feel these would be used far more often and they would be more appealing in so many beautiful buildings. 

500px-Carpet_size_comparison.PNG

Now that the Fine High Chair has been reworked to accept dye with a neutral base fabric, I'm bringing this back up to hopefully get some response. With object placement, we are becoming much more focused on the decor in our homes, and custom dyed rugs seems a natural next step.

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 38

Better to have a different plain carpet (ideally white) than can be dyed whatever colour you want.

• Like 8

+1 the current colours are way too bright imo

On 4/2/2017 at 11:06 AM, Seriphina said:

It would be wonderful if the colorful carpets were changed so that we could dye them.  The colors now are rather abrupt in comparison to the rest of the game, so it makes them stick out a bit.  The sizes could still be skill based, but if we could change the color, I feel these would be used far more often and they would be more appealing in so many beautiful buildings. 

500px-Carpet_size_comparison.PNG

+1

Just curious, what would you say to dying the material used for the carpet?  Can't remember now if it is cotton or wool, but it might open up the possibility for more carpet skins in the future?  ie.  A particular carpet design might call for 5 blue, 3 yellow threads type of thing.

Or have a plain white and dye that works too.

+1

• Like 2

I wish we could "combine" meditation rugs into larger single rugs using their designs and coloration -- which are actually quite nice, although all variations of "red/orange". Right now they are very small and really only work as "welcome mats" or small mats.

While i like the "new" meditation rugs better than their old 2012 or so era designs, I think the older designs -- plus player custom color dying under the new shader render engine -- would make for nicer "large area rugs" than the current "colorful" carpets:

(recolored as the orginals were all variations of 'strong red tones' -- someone there at Code Club really really really loves their "strong red tones" lol)

* original colors are here, for the curious

qMIuOuO.png EfWwAEU.png FpOpNyB.png SBTxmoS.png

The player decides how much green, gold, blues,  red etc to blend into it. Also saturation levels (bright vs faded -- it's true I am biased for muted tones)  Would be nice to also be able to tint the "solid colored tapestries" or some other textile wall hangings. 

we already have the textures, we have the meshes, we now have the "new shader technology" that allows custom coloration by players

Hopefully, devs will reply -- "Guess What! Already In The Works!!"

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Wonka said:

Better to have a different plain carpet (ideally white) than can be dyed whatever colour you want.

This, in the 3 sizes we currently have.

Basically, keep our current colored carpets and add 3 new types (that would be able to be dyed):
Small white carpet
White carpet
Large white carpet

• Like 5

Actually like Brash's and Rey's idea, could use the colored cotton thread or wool idea and then whatever pattern you're wanting from the crafting list you just dye the strings per the mats list. Already got that option with the hats. Why not be able to put in the same for mats?

Edited by Talohan
added name
  • Like 1

On 4/4/2017 at 5:20 AM, Talohan said:

Actually like Brash's and Rey's idea, could use the colored cotton thread or wool idea and then whatever pattern you're wanting from the crafting list you just dye the strings per the mats list. Already got that option with the hats. Why not be able to put in the same for mats?

A good point, but would they be re-dyable that way or would we have to make a whole new rug if it didn't turn out moss green or pale ochre like we wanted?

I also like Brashs and Reys ideas, - Devs any reply? Maybe?

A little bump... Would still love to see rugs we can dye, even if it ends up being 3 new rug items to craft.

• Like 1

+1 for this also or new carpet designs would be good too,

Would also make dye even more desired.

+1

Now that the Fine High Chair has been reworked to accept dye with a neutral base fabric, I'm bringing this back up to hopefully get some response. With object placement, we are becoming much more focused on the decor in our homes, and custom dyed rugs seems a natural next step.

• Like 2

Giving this another little nudge. Still holding out hope that we will be able to dye rugs sometime in the near future.

The fine high chairs look beautiful dyed to our perfect colors. The regular beds look so neat with their dye channels.  Let's see some colorful carpets become colorful!  (And the canopy beds too!)

Please, please, pretty please?

• Like 2

A new rug design that is very plain and dyable, that would allow us to put more of them together would be nice, so we could create own floors with different colored carpets and could do things like red carpet walk ways or or...