Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

Dyeing colorful carpets please!

+1 for more carpets with more different sizes and shapes (oval, circle, diamond)

+1 for dyable carpets and the canopy bed too :) We have color runes now but those aren't so easy for everyone to make due to the mats needed, and the skill to apply them (and then of course you get a random color rather than choosing what you want). I also like the idea suggested of plain white rugs that we can color, like the clothes we have now, seems the easiest solution.

+1

Or if they only add a single, light beige or white dyeable rug, that would make it a lot easier to color coordinate our place

• Like 1

Add a white rug, so the base doesn't get weird.

• Like 1

Simply letting the existing rugs be dyed produces some lovely and interesting results, and I really love how they turn out. I would prefer this to having white rugs that will still be just all one color once dyed.  

These pics are taken on one of the WU servers I play on. These are just stock WO rugs, not special rugs that were changed for WU.   The original colors affect the end results, and the patterns often take on surprising & unexpected color variations.  I've fooled around with it a bit and adding a color to another doesn't always give the result you'd expect.

3anmqcF.jpg

Y63qkYG.jpg

o7VvVyY.jpg

tSa4GU0.jpg

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 3

Bumping because this has been my dream for two years now.

• Like 1

+1 would be great to have more options with carpets and rugs

Bump in hopes that this will happen soon. We have channel dyes on barding, now what about the floor coverings?

• Like 2

+1 

Low hanging fruit solution:

If there was EVER anything worth dyeing in this game, it's carpets. Ultimately, the easiest and practical solution is to offer current 3 carpets as white/greyshade versions. (the whiter the better to get nice clean colors)

Fancier solution:

Several white rugs with different shapes and patterns (round rug anyone?) that we can dye

And I whole heartedly agree about the current carpet colors being overly saturated and out of place in Wurm. I've been complaining about this for years.

• Like 4

Giving a nudge for dying rugs...

On 7/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, Malena said:

If there was EVER anything worth dyeing in this game, it's carpets. Ultimately, the easiest and practical solution is to offer current 3 carpets as white/greyshade versions. (the whiter the better to get nice clean colors)

This would be perfect. ❤️

• Like 2

Yes please! I'd love more shapes and variations, but I'd settle for just being able to dye the models we already have in play.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 12:15 PM, crimsonearth said:

Yes please! I'd love more shapes and variations, but I'd settle for just being able to dye the models we already have in play.

Just being able to dye the models is the main thing I'm asking for!  I'd love to see an uncolored version for dying, but I'll settle for basically any variation.

• Like 2

Would be great to have dyeable carpets in various shades.  +1 to the whole thread.

If we could have plain white rugs in various shapes (round, oval, rectangle, and square) with the option to dye the main color and the pattern(s) independently, we could have a lot of fun with this.

yes more dyeable tailoring stuff.... More, MORE!! we want more cloth and dyeable items...... and pirate hats..

black, dark brown, etc rugs or .. maybe kingdom rugs? sure ..

another +1

cant we 'rune' such already to 'cheat' the dying system limitation, some items can not be dyed but can be runed to change color and make them unique that way

14 hours ago, Finnn said:

cant we 'rune' such already to 'cheat' the dying system limitation, some items can not be dyed but can be runed to change color and make them unique that way

true however i don't think the normal wurian other than someone with the skill to do so is gonna put forth the silver for vanity runes that may or may-not attach when they could use that money on other more useful items..  the easiest solution is for them to just give us White Dyable stuff like here

On 7/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, Malena said:

+1 I'm all for being able to dye anything we can decorate with but a rug can really make the room! So definitely yes!

• Like 1

+1   YESSSS totally agree, why not ???? I think there are a lot of things we should be able to dye. let us be creative. 

• Like 1