Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

Mythmoor better than ever!

Just opened a brand new 8192 map called Northlands, still logging in through prime, use a portal to get there or travel north by boat! Northlands has a 2048 pvp zone in the middle with pve on the outside. Bounties are double inside the pvp zone so the risk is worth it! More to come to encourage people to brave going into the pvp zone.

Prime is still up has never gone down, never been wiped and never had a downtime period. Battle is still around though not many play on it, it will be losing epic settings soon. This decision is because with the state of Wurm pvp, it seems people only use it to get the epic curve, we already have skill gains where we want them, no need to have people go there to ramp up the lower ends. Plains is still around and still as bumpy as ever, if you like to dig thats the place to be.

So many mods, so many maps, and so smooth and lag free! Come in, come back, or stop by to say hi!

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 1

link doesn't work, what is the agro like, can I come and visit without getting attacked the min I spawn in?

what are deed and upkeep costs like?

Deed costs and upkeep are normal, link is working fine?

6 hours ago, Xyp said:

Deed costs and upkeep are normal, link is working fine?

right ok. the link didn't work last night for some reason

Come join us on Mythmoor, Lots of work in progress and releasing soon!

Come join the server where you can craft all of the kingdom flags, wagons and banners. You can craft a Julboard, you can craft artifact model weapons, you can craft most anything, and more to come rather than buy them

Things you can purchase on the server are all an option, should not be something required to have to play. There are some fancy things for supporters only, like vanity mounts. This is something custom modded into the game for server support options.

Our skillgain and action rates are 7.5x and 3.0x which is a nice balanced pace for most all steam gamers. It is not so fast everything is instant, it is not so slow it is a headache grind, but it is that perfect balance of get things done but still feel like you accomplished something.

What are you waiting for, log onto Mythmoor today!

Chaos Terror slaying today, must get past the white drake widowmaker first to spawn the chaos terror. Come join the frey, if you are not currently playing on Mythmoor but did in the past, come join us they may need the help.

Time for event is 3pm EST

• Like 1

Hi everyone, small update this week due to need for another update on Monday Morning to implement all the Easter rewards and turn off the Evil Easter Bunnies.

Find the news at https://mythmoor.com/news/

• Like 1

Easter rewards going in now. Do /support to trade your Evil Easter Bunny Easter Eggs for rewards!

10 Evil Easter Bunny Easter eggs = easter bunny decorative container

50 Evil Easter Bunny Easter eggs = pink or purple unicorn

200 Evil Easter Bunny Easter eggs = pink or purple drake mount!

• Like 1

Fixed the pink and purple mounts, ready for them to be traded for! Come join us this weekend!

Examples of the mounts are in Moor's rest at the spawn point.

Just a quick maintenance restart today, more to come after the weekend!

Server has been updated to version 1.3.5.5 you will need to update your clients to connect. When updating your client remember if you are using any client mods you will need to run the patcher.bat again to attempt to make them work. You may also want to check for updated versions of your mods before attempting to do so. If your client will not launch after patching the mods, try doing a file integrity check and launching in vanilla version to see if it is the mods or not. Our players are welcome to contact me if they are having trouble and I will attempt to help them out.

Had to make some adjustments to a few mods to get everything working. There may be some bugs and issues. If so please use /support to inform me of the bug so that I can work on a fix for it.

I did not add any new mods that I have prepared today, because I want to squash any issues from the official update first. Hopefully will be ready for a server custom update on friday!

Happy Mythmooring!

Todays server update includes a few unseen bug fixes. Plus the following niftyness!

Our portals now should place you in the center of the tile, rather than the corner. This should solve the issue of people getting stuck when porting to a location which has a building or fence next to it.

More reasons to hunt in pvp! We have added a 3/100 chance that a rift resource node will spawn when you kill a creature in the pvp zone. The corruption that entices players to pvp warps the land upon sensing a death and occassionally a resource forms of strange otherwordly materials. Wood, stone or crystal. It is all random and all fun. Harvesting these resources will allow you to make runes, oh yeah runes, have fun!!!

Hi all,

Today's update was just a couple of bug fixes, including Dante and Farscape priest restriction problems. Those priests as well as any new player gods who may have encountered the problem before should now be all fixed up and not have restrictions.

Some things I feel need noting are being included in today's news:

Just because someone has a similar name as you, that does not give you the right to tell them to leave the server. If your name is kitty and someone names themselves Misskitty that is not against the rules.

I have heard about people sending pm's about too much focus on pvp. I have not really put much focus on pvp, only trying to do some things to make reasons to be there to pvp. Keep in mind the development focus of WO right now is PVE stuff, and doing a lot of pve modding gets broken and has to be fixed due to WO updates that come to WU. I am trying to create an enjoyable playing experience for all.

I appreciate your feedback, but when there is something that has always been a certain way on this server, it is not fair to newer players to take these things out when so many have already taken advantage of them to get where they are. Example here removing treasure chests or changing what they have in them. Many players used those to get where they are, why is it fair to remove them now and make it harder for new players to catch up? I think a better use of development time would be to create more enjoyable things for end game players to do rather than make it harder for new players to get to the end game.

That is all for today folks, happy Mythmooring!

Hello all,

Hopefully the wagon issue is fixed where you can take them from prime to northlands. If you have something wonky with your items on northlands please do a /support we will check it out. If this fix did not work we will explore a more penetrating bug zapper.

You may now craft Colossus of Libila while being freedom.

New vanity mount will be hitting the shop shortly. Raging Worg Mount. They can swim, they go a tiny bit faster than a regular worg, and they can climb slopes up to 100 steep.

Horses have had their speed increased to give freemium players a chance to keep up with the vanity mounts without buying them from another player or the shop. So hold on to those saddles next time you step on that geared 5 speeder.

Unbinding scrolls will be available on the shady merchant. So that you can unbind your gear and put a rune on it. Upon using the unbinding scroll on your gear it will give you a new Scroll of Gear Binding to rebind your gear with. So you do not lose that initial investment. It should only work on a piece of gear that is bound. If you notice anything strange don't abuse it, report it.

Beyond that I did a few updates to some of the mods to make them easier to expand upon. I was hoping to get more done but that work thing got ahold of me.

Happy Mythmooring all!

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 1

Hi all,

This week we have gone through a little period of dealing with drama. We were trying to be nice and coach people through how to interact and be a part of a community, however it seems that just does not compute to some people. This was a lot of wasted time and effort, as a result we will just from now on have zero tolerance for a player who continues to use their time to make other players upset. This is unacceptable behavior in a pve area. Get along, or stay away from them.

Now on to the update!

Hell horse speeds have been increased to be slightly higher than horses, as they were lower after the horse increase last week.

Unbind scrolls should now be fixed and will be going back on the shady merchant, please report don't abuse any bug you find with them!

Some strange and unusual things have been reported about treasure chests. I do not want to give away the details in the news, should be fun for players to find out!

The new player gods have been appropriately added to the Northlands and Plains servers.

Coordinator has been doing his pop up events, those can happen anytime anywhere just keep an eye out for him to call!

Happy Mythmooring everyone!

Edited by Xyp

So now that players have had a chance to experience it, I thought I would go into more detail about the treasure chests.

First the issues. People were complaining about others opening chests and leaving some loot, causing new chests not to spawn. Some people were claiming chests just to get karma and leaving them. Lastly it was getting a bit boring.

The update. Now when you claim a chest there is no karma, and no matter the outcome the chest is destroyed, so new ones may spawn. There is a chance the chest will just poof and leave the contents on the ground. There is a chance it will turn into a mimic and die immediately, with the contents on the corpse, and there is the more likely chance that the chest will turn into a mimic and want to fight. Mimics hit like a truck and can breath fire, however they can also be butchered for some additional moon metal. Mimics have a low max age so they won't stay around for extended periods of time.

Enjoy!

New sandstone spell available cost of 30 favor, use on a sandstone vein to refresh its resource count to 5000.

Added a check for bind scrolls which should allow them to be usable on bows, if it still will not you can still do /support to trade your scroll for having your bow bound.

Mainly just a maintenance restart today to keep things running smooth over the holiday week. I did add additional checks to the unbind scroll to plug up a potential exploit we found. Happy Holidays everyone! I will be around in and out, but will be spending most of my time testing the WU beta branch release for the server.

• Like 1

Just saying happy American birthday week!

Server is back up running 1.4 stable. Had to disable the azbantium fist mod due to a change in the code by the WO devs. They not only changed a method name they changed the method from public to public final static making it hard to reach. This will remove the azbantium fist effect from all currently enchanted pickaxes. IF and that is a big IF I decide to fix that mod and put it back in, we will offer some limited time free high level az fist enchanting to compensate for losses. At this time due to the way that mod is written we may decide either not to fix it, or do it in a different way which doesn't require bytecode manipulation. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Please report any issues quickly so we can try to resolve them as soon as possible. If there are any major issues it may require additional downtime to repair the problem. Thank you for understanding.

Edited by Xyp

Just updated the modloader to fix the corner crash issue. Everyone has been given 5 hours sleep bonus for dealing with the repeated downtimes on update day tuesday.

Azbantium Fist enchant and related items have been removed. After feedback from high skilled miners we feel that the new way mining increases surface mining chance is not that hard to deal with not having az fist at high skills. This also increases the value of having high mining skill so at this time Az fist will not be making a return. Anyone who had a pickaxe that lost all of its other things due to this should report it using a /support ticket. Be warned I am going back and checking backup databases to verify these reported picks, and if anyone is caught in lies to a gm to get a free high powered pickaxe the punishment will be harsh.

The /seasons  mod is still in place for the time being. This mod will run throughout a wurm year to give people time to make almanacs, get records, and transition to using the almanacs. After around 1 wurm year the mod will be removed and the almanacs will be the only way to get the information.

Other than that, deep backup is done, server is back up, and lets get to Mythmooring!

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 1

Hope everyone has had a great vacation! We are about to start reconstruction of Moor's Rest. yes as nice as it is, after 2 years it is getting boring to those of us who have been on the server all that time, gonna shake things up!

• Like 1

Maintenance today included a bit of database cleanup. Remaining evil easter bunnies have been destroyed. On that note it should be common understanding when an event is over only a reasonable time would remain to claim rewards. We have people still trying to turn in easter eggs. If your ticket is not already open save them for next year as we will no longer trade easter eggs. Easter was a long time ago.

A couple of adjustments were made to attempt to correct some issues, if these adjustments caused you to lose something, namely wagons on northlands, please just do a ticket we will take care of you.

Az fist has been gone long enough. There is no reason you should not have already reported your lost pickaxe enchants. If you have not already opened your ticket for replacement of enchants, then you did not seem to need it too bad. To alieve the staff of this trouble no new tickets will be honored for Az Fist Enchants. Already Open tickets will be worked when we catch you online.