Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Traders and economy.

2 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

It is not 200 tiles.

Not sure why i thought it was 200, corrected it anyway and point is still valid.

7 hours ago, Aaron_IRL said:

This, again, comes down to a choice.

The choice between giving money for plopping down a trader and managing its ratio every month or giving money for people who actually go about the game world and interacting with it?

My choice hasn't changed this entire thread.

1 hour ago, Hailene said:

The choice between giving money for plopping down a trader and managing its ratio every month or giving money for people who actually go about the game world and interacting with it?

My choice hasn't changed this entire thread.

Brick wall here, anyone can go buy a trader and plop it down, if one is too close to your deed, the range is 65 tiles, then expand your deed or make a 2nd deed (btw you don't even need a deed for a trader but it is recommended), its only a few silvers. If you choose not to play the game with the mechanics that have been built into it, that is your choice, just stop moaning about it and asking for free handouts. The ones with traders have invested silver and time into them, its a long term pay back and there is no guarantee that you will earn your coins back either. I have traders that can't even earn enough coin to pay the upkeep of 1s per month, here me crying about it? Nope, its just the way it is sometimes.

Edited by JakeRivers

10 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

If you choose not to play the game with the mechanics that have been built into it, that is your choice, just stop moaning about it and asking for free handouts.

I'm not sure who you're talking to or what you're addressing.

16 hours ago, Aaron_IRL said:

Just so I make sure I have this correct.

• "morally bankrupt" = Anyone that has a trader, and maintains it's ratio  (imo = resourceful user of generally accepted mechanics based on how long it's been in-game and allowed to continue)
  • "Morally upright" = All of the people who have many times in the past, and still, ask that changes be made to this system (imo = Obsessive, bordering narcissistic.  Constantly asking for the same thing over and over, while arrogantly labeling anyone who does not agree with your supposed superior stance as "morally bankrupt." :mellow:)
  • "average player" = Everyone else who just plays the game without regard to traders (imo = Content player who enjoys the game, and chooses to play it how they want to play it)

I do not really want to dig through the depths of forums to find out how long this mechanic has been in the game, or how long have people who choose not to use this mechanic been starting these threads, but seriously at what point do you just stop beating the dead horse and become the "average player" or the "morally bankrupt," as you have labeled them?

Wasn't Xanadu supposed to be your promised land?  They made this dream a reality for you on one super-sized server.  How was this not enough?  Oh right, narcissistic power-seeking behaviors.  You will not be satisfied until you have forced your will onto everyone else. <_<

You twisted what I said well past reason. Now you're just hearing what you want to and making crap up.

Did you even notice the creator of the thread supports traders, or did you just want to pick a fight with someone?

14 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

just stop moaning about it and asking for free handouts

This is comedy gold coming from the people asking for free handouts from a game company.

Why is this thread still alive?  >50% don't want the change.

Not going to happen.  Give up, move on, come up with something that doesn't shaft everyone else.

Fast answer: the game offered a mechanic to do a thing, in this case, traders wich had to favor noob players by giving out some coins for simple, even too much, items.
Players simply found the workaround and in early ages just used the mechanic improperly and gained fortunes, wich incredibly translated also in getting real money OUT of the game, for those who sold large amounts of coins obtained in these ways for real money.
This led to devs restrict use of traders and changed the coins they could have in an attemp to reduce the "problem": thing is, without players using improperly the mechanic, the problem just won't be.

Answers to the issue should be: remove traders totally, as keeping them evidently does not make the players understand the misuse they do with them, but instead continually asks for replacing of the worst condition of the issue.
Rework of the traders.
I think that a trader COULD be something working ONLY inside the deed/village and for those inside the alliance/village, wich will have coins based only on what the village/alliance generate or directly place as an allowance for the trader, ie: buy with silver like any other trader will make the trader have his % of the spent coins for game market items, AND any player can actually raise the trader allowance with coins so to noob players will have a chance to sell things and gain some coins.

Another thought about that: hafen have a double way working trading system, so a barter stand works both ways: it's possible to set the stand to actually BUY items from other traders with coins, wich is a thing this game lacks totally.

On 13/6/2017 at 10:22 PM, Corsan said:

People say we're a 'whiny minority', well, I'm tired of being called names/being insulted like this because I disapprove of a morally repugnant player abusing mechanics that were improperly instituted and the game's founder not wanting to lose his money source so he didn't just shut you all down early on. Most of the other games, if there was a mechanic being blatantly abused/exploited in this way like these were, would have gone through and banned every single one of these players, instead it was allowed to go on for way too long and they didn't do anything about it for a long time until he instituted the new Xan server and new changes that made them stop being abused because they didn't 'pay off' like they were in the past.

if you dont want people to say you are whinny there is a very easy solution to that,stop doing it. do you not understand how horribly wrong the opening of xanadu went? and by that i mean how the people that really farm traders,made tons of money from a bad implementation of the changes to traders.

These are not your personal piggy-banks.

you got me all wrong,i not only didnt pay any real money from traders,i had premium from january 2012 to october 2015 pretty much all the time with one or more accounts and one or more deeds without paying any money,and even making some money, sometimes i owned 1 trader,but even when they made money they werent really worth it for me,i had a lot of time and there were much faster ways to make money even back then, now with all the new ways to make money it got much much easier,

TLDR: if you think what happened with traders and the new ways to make coins that got added stopped or slowed people that played this game for profit,you are naive fool.

Edited by Tpikol

Personally the only real change needed is enabling merchants to barter for stuff the owner wants and has set exchange rates for, instead of just coin.

Though would love to see a bartender NPC setup to avoid food storage abuse.

Edited by Klaa