Sign in to follow this  
Galatyn

Do NOT join a BL kingdom on Chaos if you are a Vyn, Fo, or Mag priest on Freedom

Let's say you are a Vyn, Fo, or Mag priest on Freedom.  You have high faith and want to remain a priest.  Someone invites you to join a BL kingdom on Chaos and says not to worry, that you can work on crafting skills on Chaos and remain a priest on Freedom.  Then one day you decide not to be in that BL kingdom anymore so you leave the kingdom by converting to WL, either JK, MR or Freedom on Chaos.  

When you cross back to Freedom, you will lose all of your faith on Freedom and will no longer be a priest.  If you submit a support ticket, you will be told that is the game intention.  If you leave a BL kingdom on Chaos, you will lose all of your faith on Freedom.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, icbash said:

Join a Black-light and stay lib prob Solved...

Some people might not want to stay though for whatever reason, so it's not solving the problem.  For example, you've been trying to talk Stanlee, Vyn priest, into joining Ebo (BL kingdom) so he can work on crafting skills while there.  If he ever joined, he could never switch back to WL for as long as he plays the game and wants to remain 100 faith.   In a dynamically changing game, that's a severe limitation.

I feel is should be FIX but the Dev's dont care about BL.(black sheep).

BL Kingdoms are more broken then any WL kingdom hands down BL got all its probs Plus all probs everyone else has.

• Like 3

Wow thats new news. And that does not sound like it should be intended but more along the lines of Broken. But then again we are talking about BL so..

Faith is seperate as long as you follow lib on chaos

If you follow any other god your faith is not seperate.

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Faith is seperate as long as you follow lib on chaos

If you follow any other god your faith is not seperate.

This is not the same as my post.  If change from BL to WL, while on Chaos, it removes all faith when cross back over to Freedom.  

Question.

Can you be a priest of libila on Chaos and a follower of Vyn on freedom? I am slightly curious about the possibility of playing a priest if it doesn't prevent me from building on freedom.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Question.

Can you be a priest of libila on Chaos and a follower of Vyn on freedom? I am slightly curious about the possibility of playing a priest if it doesn't prevent me from building on freedom.

I do this yes

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

Question.

Thats correct. its probably the only ability vs the many disabilities to libila. 

Yes, you can be a follower on Freedom.  This issue pertains to being a priest on Freedom, specifically Vyn, Fo, or Mag.  What it boils down to is that if you are one of the aforementioned priests and join a BL kingdom on Chaos, you are forever bound to BL unless you give up being a priest on Freedom and lose all faith 30+.

Edited by Galatyn

I find it hard to believe the wurm team is under the understanding this is how this should be working? 

From the description this would mean that a BL kingdom has the power to strip a player of his faith level of they do want just by kicking the said player from the kingdom. This doesn't make sense. Why would a player that chooses to join a BL kingdom be bound with this potential future issue? Take WL kingdoms for instance, they have no I'll affects of sort. Nothing hinders them or breaks them in anyway, but if you do choose to join a BL kingdom you are literally penalised for it? How does this make any sense whatsoever?

Edited by MaurizioAM
Bahhhh spell check on cell phones@!

I had this very thing happen to me playing Wurm Unlimited, where I was a Fo priest on the Freedom templated starter server, but when I went to the PVP server and joined a BL-template kingdom, my faith and religion reset to nothing.  Fortunately, the GM's saw it as not intended and manually set my religion and faith back.  Once this was done, I had no issues porting from one server to the other and losing my religion/faith stats.

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 1

Seems it's working as intended. You can't honestly expect to convert all over the place and keep all the perks. 

Back in the day before wild merged with freedom you lost all your faith the second you converted from WL - BL or BL - WL. 

• Like 1

I don't know how I feel about this, but in all honesty I don't think that flipping Faiths should be a thing. Fo by day, Libila by night. That's a bit broken. If you betray your God you should loose your faith. But I agree it shouldn't be tied to just dark to light. If you are a Vyn on Chaos and join BL switching to Libila, your god should be angry with you, and your new god should be wary of your intentions. I don't see how either incident should allow for you to keep your faith.

Only exception to the rule should be for Libila chaos to a WL god in Freedom, since they cannot be Lib. But changing religion on chaos should be a penalty for both ways.

12 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I don't know how I feel about this, but in all honesty I don't think that flipping Faiths should be a thing. Fo by day, Libila by night. That's a bit broken. If you betray your God you should loose your faith. But I agree it shouldn't be tied to just dark to light. If you are a Vyn on Chaos and join BL switching to Libila, your god should be angry with you, and your new god should be wary of your intentions. I don't see how either incident should allow for you to keep your faith.

Only exception to the rule should be for Libila chaos to a WL god in Freedom, since they cannot be Lib. But changing religion on chaos should be a penalty for both ways.

I think you might be missing a very big point to this issue though... 

Upon joining a BL kingdom on chaos you don't have any choice of you are a WL priest coming from freedom... This doesn't mean the player is a priest of both WL and BL it just means that regardless of choice you will be auto converted to Libila in that situation. That then only makes you a follower with 0 faith. Now at this point you are WL priest in freedom and a BL follower on Chaos because that is the only God faith that is separate from freedom.  So what's broke about it is the fact that because of making a choice to join a BL kingdom you are being penalised and that is in fact broken. There is no way in hell that this is intended because the moment a team member says it is they are clearly saying at that point that BL templates are truly the red headed step child. 

I have complained for the past 3 or 4 years about how broken BL game mechanics are and the wurm team has recently attested to it as well and also stated there are to be changes to fix these sorts of issues, but instead for some reason someone thought working on making catapulting down deeds and pushing more players away is needed more. 

Thanks for clarifying Mauricio. It does indeed look broken if that's the case.

I reported how this could be even more broken like 2 years ago.

and it still has not been fixed.

so you went to lib, which was all good, but when you converted to WL, which god did you follow then?

26 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

so you went to lib, which was all good, but when you converted to WL, which god did you follow then?

The same diety, Fo, that I was on Freedom before going to Chaos.   I still show 82 faith, can pray at a Fo altar, and certain aggressive mobs, like HH, are not aggressive (blue outline).  However, the spell option in the menu no longer appears.  

The fact must gm's don't know how to Handel BL only things because they rare and only happen to black lite people... I had  to pull teeth to get answer on how they wanted it to work for the wiki..

I have pondered this over a lot. While yes its messed up that you cant just change kingdoms without having your freedom priest penalized. I thought for a while that it sounds like the usual way hots has always been treated. But I decided to look at the flip side. Is it fair that you can take your white light priest to chaos join hots and basically bypass priest restrictions, work up skills and body stats etc?

Seems to me the most fair fix for this is to just allow libila on the pve servers and turn off all the mechanics on the pve servers that would generate mycellium. We keep getting more player gods shoved at us on the pve side really whats wrong with just adding libila. This way your either libila or not.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Im pretty sure you dont have a choice. its not everyday that im converting to WL but im pretty sure the way it works from what i can recall is whatever faith you are on Freedom is the faith you become when you convert from lib to WL. The problem is... with the last update to priests that was implemented they made it where you go from (whatever faith)lib to 0 faith whatever deity you end up. The issues with this is, once you make that convert and it sets you to 0 because its a WL god it auto saves on chaos and crosses over as 0 on freedom. So now at this point you have just lost your 100 faith on freedom. 

It works fine going 1 way into BL because when you join BL if you are Mag Vyn or Fo you get auto converted to lib since they are WL only gods, and the way the duel faith save works is once you convert to BL kingdom from a WL only deity it separates your faiths for pve and chaos. So now you are a only a follower of Lib on chaos and you cannot change your deity so you are just only able to be a follower of lib while in that BL Kingdom, and when you cross over to freedom your split faith remembers and you are now 100 faith FO lets just say for the example. Once you go back to chaos you are can only be from 0 -30 faith lib. If you decide to leave the BL Kingdom and go to a WL kingdom the game does not remember that you are 100 faith FO on freedom in that scenario so what it does is auto converts you to the deity at 0 faith and saves it, the problem is that save because its not lib is the same save as freedom so now you go back over to freedom and guess what your 0 faith FO. 

8 minutes ago, Evilvision said:

I have pondered this over a lot. While yes its messed up that you cant just change kingdoms without having your freedom priest penalized. I thought for a while that it sounds like the usual way hots has always been treated. But I decided to look at the flip side. Is it fair that you can take your white light priest to chaos join hots and basically bypass priest restrictions, work up skills and body stats etc?

Seems to me the most fair fix for this is to just allow libila on the pve servers and turn off all the mechanics on the pve servers that would generate mycellium. We keep getting more player gods shoved at us on the pve side really whats wrong with just adding libila. This way your either libila or not.

so you think the better option is to give WL yet one more priest to be able to choose from while BL become even more penalized ? You might want to ponder about this some more and realize 1 important fact. Anything to do with BL has been so unbalnaced for years now which is why there has been so many complaints and problems. We as BLers find all these issue and 90% of the time are able to bring a solution to the table. 

You also fail to realize that while you think He has a benefit from being able to bypass the restrictions, he also becomes restricted on chaos because he can ONLY be a libila follower in this circumstance, which means he has no other options while everyone else can be the rest of the Grey light deities for better benefits, or others can be a priest while he cannot because his choice is to remain one when he is back on freedom. So its not all rainbows and butterflies being able to bypass the restrictions just to end up with more of the same in some other ways.

Its broken, and needs to be fixed just like much else with BL templates. 

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

so you think the better option is to give WL yet one more priest to be able to choose from while BL become even more penalized ? You might want to ponder about this some more and realize 1 important fact. Anything to do with BL has been so unbalnaced for years now which is why there has been so many complaints and problems. We as BLers find all these issue and 90% of the time are able to bring a solution to the table. 

No its not giving WL another priest. It is just allowing Libila on PVE. Cross to pve and your Freedom/Libila and when you return to Chaos your Hots/Libila. I guess what i am saying is whatever you pick on Chaos is what you should be on any other Freedom cluster server and vice versa. Hots or not.

9 hours ago, warrior said:

Seems it's working as intended. You can't honestly expect to convert all over the place and keep all the perks. 

Back in the day before wild merged with freedom you lost all your faith the second you converted from WL - BL or BL - WL. 

A player who is a Vyn priest on PVE cannot cast Vyn spells while as BL on Chaos.  A PVE Fo player is not ignored by normal aggressive animals while as BL on Chaos.  A BL conversion to WL does not carry over BL perks.  I don't know what perks you are saying are being kept upon conversion.

This isn't about "back in the day".  This is about today's mechanics and today's players, and my intent is solely to warn PVE Freedom players that follow Vyn, Mag, or Fo, not to join a BL kingdom, which is a shame because they are great fun with great people, unless they are willing to lose all of their faith if they ever convert to WL and go back to PVE Freedom.  

I'm guilty of trying to recruit these types of players to a BL kingdom on Chaos to increase population and promote pvp.  Now that I understand the serious repercussion of this mechanic, it's something I plan to communicate up front.

Also consider this...a Vyn priest on PVE Freedom joins Crusaders on Chaos.  After some period of time, they decide to convert back to Freedom kingdom and return to PVE Freedom.  That person will not have lost all their faith nor priesthood.