Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

Supreme Forge Auction

Hello.

I want to sell a Supreme Forge.

It's 69.5 QL and located in central Xanadu.

It's on a bridgeless island, so can only be transported by sea using a corbita or above. As I don't currently have a corbita or above, I cannot deliver.

Starting bid: 25s

Minimum bid increment: 1s

Reserve: None

Buyout: 40s

Sniper protection: 1 hour

auction_timer_1491155735.gif

Nobody interested? Is it the lack of a delivery option?

It's mainly the fact that is center Xanadu. Plus the price tag. 25s is what a practical supreme item goes for. A supreme forge is not practical, it's just a decoration more than anything. The benefits don't merit the price.

Starting an auction at or higher than the actual value of the item is grounds for a failed auction. I suggest lowering the starting price considerably to allow for bidders to price it. Or do a WTS if this is the absolute minimum you'll take for the item.

Thanks Angeklaine.

I guess I'll just hold on to it until is either valuable or it decays to nothing.

There you go! I'm glad you found a bidder. Good luck with your auction!

On 3/30/2017 at 10:18 AM, Angelklaine said:

Plus the price tag. 25s is what a practical supreme item goes for. A supreme forge is not practical, it's just a decoration more than anything. The benefits don't merit the price.

The auction has already closed, but I'd like to comment on this. Supreme forges are practical. As someone who spends a lot of time in front of the forge, using other people's non-supreme forge is a bit of a shock each time.

Based upon data mined from WU, a 90 QL supreme forge burns about 25% longer than a normal 90 QL forge.

Anecdotally, I feel items heat up noticeably faster in a supreme forge, too.

Is this game breaking? No, not really. And quite honestly the rare items don't really pay off for their costs, particularly supreme items. All of them are more or less bling barring some extreme situations where you really need the utmost top quality for something (like butchering uniques or something).

2 hours ago, Hailene said:

The auction has already closed, but I'd like to comment on this. Supreme forges are practical. As someone who spends a lot of time in front of the forge, using other people's non-supreme forge is a bit of a shock each time.

Based upon data mined from WU, a 90 QL supreme forge burns about 25% longer than a normal 90 QL forge.

Anecdotally, I feel items heat up noticeably faster in a supreme forge, too.

Is this game breaking? No, not really. And quite honestly the rare items don't really pay off for their costs, particularly supreme items. All of them are more or less bling barring some extreme situations where you really need the utmost top quality for something (like butchering uniques or something).

That is what I meant. It's surely nice to have, but not something most people have a need for. Source: trying to sell 2 rare ones lol.

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

That is what I meant. It's surely nice to have, but not something most people have a need for. Source: trying to sell 2 rare ones lol.

No rares are worth the money they cost then.

The closest thing were mining picks and hachets, but with imbues (and now runes), having 90 mining/WC is all you could ever need.

I know what both of you are saying and I think there are vanity items, convenience items and necessity items. Depending on who you ask, decorations are always vanity items ;) Things like forges are just a convenience for most. It's items like above mentioned; picks, hatchets, and tools for imping over 90 that really benefit from rare and supreme. Luckily for OP, the person I was buying for blurs the lines between each category extensively.

• Like 1

On Monday, April 03, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Aeryck said:

Luckily for OP, the person I was buying for blurs the lines between each category extensively.

If you're talking about our crazy friend, that's sometimes an understatement lol

I think it's convenient a supreme forge under 80ql can burn just with starting kindling and no fuel added for  over 50 minutes ..try that with a normal forge :)