Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Level underwater?

Is there a mod out there that allows a GM to level ground underwater, ignoring depth?  It would be wonderful to be able to flatten one tile way deep down underwater, then just choose Level on the ones around it. 

I'm building canals, and using Create focus zone keeps raising the ground level to right under my feet when I'm swimming, then I have to manually dig a million times to get it deep enough for big ships. If it doesn't already exist, please can someone make this mod?  If it does exist -- please tell me how to find it!  Thanks  ;)

wow, look at you, go girl, lol you are really going forward in leaps and bounds after all the computer and then server troubles go.  as far as I know there is no such mod available, which would be most handy for me also,

and once again you get my 700th post, as you did for my 600th lol. something about you and milestone posts lol.

Edited by ozmods

2 minutes ago, ozmods said:

wow, look at you, go girl, lol you are really going forward in leaps and bounds after all the computer and then server troubles go.  as far as I know there is no such mod available, which would be most handy for me also,

and once again you get my 700th post, as you did for my 600th lol. something about you and milestone posts lol.

I'm a fast learner...but when I don't know it, I REALLY don't know it, lol. 

• Like 1

What you need is a mod to fix so can dig stone down to 32 depth anything more and the canal wont open under water. What I did any ways on my server. Now all I do is dig stone down to max 32 depth and  shape the top and open the canal. Boats slide threw nice and easy no more jumping ship to push them threw.

I'm not sure what you mean that a canal won't open under water...?  I just want to dig a deep trench type of canal without having to manually dig every single corner of every single tile.  I don't have any part of my canal that needs to open.

She means visually lower in the shelf area.  Am I right assuming your boats move fine no stuck issues? It's just visually you want to create more geologically realistic slopes and continental shelf like features underwater vs it only being as high as your feet are on the focus zone part?

Have you tried making a tile flat below you and then using level?  You may have it wasn't mentioned so I'm asking anyways.  If yes and it didn't work at least we are clear on the mod you want, something that deep water levels and contours easier than manual  digging and shaping.

Edited by Brew

On 2017-03-27 at 7:42 AM, Arkonick said:

What you need is a mod to fix so can dig stone down to 32 depth anything more and the canal wont open under water. What I did any ways on my server. Now all I do is dig stone down to max 32 depth and  shape the top and open the canal. Boats slide threw nice and easy no more jumping ship to push them threw.

This one have a water rig that allows you to mine stone under water:

10 hours ago, Brew said:

She means visually lower in the shelf area.  Am I right assuming your boats move fine no stuck issues? It's just visually you want to create more geologically realistic slopes and continental shelf like features underwater vs it only being as high as your feet are on the focus zone part?

Have you tried making a tile flat below you and then using level?  You may have it wasn't mentioned so I'm asking anyways.  If yes and it didn't work at least we are clear on the mod you want, something that deep water levels and contours easier than manual  digging and shaping.

I get a message that I can't level at that depth when I try that.  To be honest, I had just assumed that bigger ships like corbitas couldn't get through a canal that was only as deep as a person could stand up in.  Is that not correct?

I never tried leveling so was curious if that worked, and since it doesn't then your mod request seems legit.  Bigger ships just need so many dirt's below water line to pass, example corbita says 25 dirt's to clear.  Meaning one tile below water is about 40 dirt's and should be plenty 

@ozmods

@Arkonick 

@Brew

Great news!  I found a way!  It's a mod from bdew called "SetHeight" -- basically, a level 5 GM stands on a tile (or swims/flies above it) and types the code into the chat bar, et voila!  The tiles are whatever height you want.

So, to make a canal, it's just a series of these steps.  You type the code to tell it to "setheight" then the depth, then the number of tiles on either side of the one you're at. 

#setheight -30 2   <--- This will tell it to change the height of the area to -30 from sea level, and include 2 tiles in each direction, thus creating a 3 x 3 section that is 30 below sea level. 

#setheight -40 4  <--- This would create a 5 x 5 area that is 40 below sea level

#setheight 10  <--- Because the final number is missing, this changes the height of just the tile you're on.  Perfect for making sure your bridge landings are 10 above sea level!

Basically, this mod has given me a fix for so many GM problems that I can't stop praising it.  Thanks once again, @bdew!

Here's a link to the forum thread where you can get the link.  Scroll down just past Hitching Limits and No Build Limits. 

• Like 3