Sign in to follow this  
Evarya

Name and Shame

6 hours ago, Evarya said:

I have since spent the past 3 months trying to get hold of various people from Ebonaura including the King himself but I have been told nicely they will help, never to hear from them again or ignored.

Since I've had the crown since January I should probably point out that by 'King' Eva refers to Maurizio, not me, if that wasn't perfectly clear already. I have had no role in this ordeal whatsoever.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Scribble said:

Can't wait to borrow my friend's car when mine is in the shop, and then sell it on the internet.

"Dude, you didn't tell me I couldn't sell it. It was free money!" 

If you are borrowing it then you won't have the pink slip to sell the car. Just saying. 

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 4

What a piece of work that maurizio guy is, and by "work", I mean, a steaming pile of crap.

Cant say I didnt expect him to be in one of this threads.

• Like 6

Saying she hasn't tried to contact you for 3 months is absolute baloney, others have tried and were ignored as well

• Like 1

I told the King he could use my accounts while I wasn't playing and said I didn't know when I would come back.

I would start from veryfing this. If someone got this in logs that would be enough.

It would be clear that account was left for sharing between kingdom members, not for selling, like Maurizio did.

• Like 2

The only conclusion I can come to from all this is that the OP was not too bright to give out BOTH her password and Email to this "friend". There the fault lies. There are some people this would never happen to for that simple reason (Clue: they won't give anyone this information). Those that do will continue to do so. Nothing can really be said to cure naivety.

Yipee! Share accounts! Sell accounts! The perks of Wurm Online.

=Ayes=

Are any screens or logs of the conversation in which accounts were lent / given away coming?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oreo said:

Well, Wurm has covered itself by saying 'share passwords at your own risk'..

Also, people sharing accounts uh.. use hashes (usually)which I do hear aren't that hard to crack, but you don't just share the hash out of nowhere to anyone, and even then they still need the email for that account, and then the password for that email.

Am I condoning this?

Nah maaaan, I'm just bored watching some guy suck at the new MLB and get drafted in the 3rd Round.

No. Do not use hashes. Ever. Suggesting this should merit a warning given the numerous warnings we've given about not sharing hashes. Do not suggest this again, and do not share hashes.

Hashes are insecure. They can be easily decoded to view the password stored within the hash. They are a means to obfuscate a clear text password for storage on your local machine. Giving a hash should be considered the same as giving your password.

Edited by Keenan
English is hard before coffee
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Keenan said:

No. Do not use hashes. Ever. Suggesting this should be merit a warning given the numerous warnings we've given about not sharing hashes. Do not suggest this again, and do not do share hashes.

Hashes are insecure. They can be easily decoded to view the password stored within the hash. They are a means to obfuscate a clear text password for storage on your local machine. Giving a hash should be considered the same as giving your password.

It would be nice to add this statement to loading screen tips.

For example, I never knew that hashes are unsecure, thought it is encrypted some way.

Edited by Wilczan

Just now, Wilczan said:

It would be nice to add this statement to loading screen tips.

For example, I never knew that hashes are unsecure, though it is encrypted some way.

We've had something in the works for a while, but I'm of the mind that I may need to take a crack at this sooner than wait for that to get done.

• Like 5

Hey Mau, that was a shitty thing to do, you should know as well as any other vet 'im quitting and never coming back' don't last forever.

You pillaged and sold/gave away accounts that were loaned to you and not given.

Perhaps you should of made contact with Eva and say hey, im going to give your accounts away or sell them off, that okay with you?

You violated the trust of a friend who was generous in letting you use a few accounts.

I should add, Eva could of contacted Mau on these forums via direct PM as well.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Hey Mau, that was a shitty thing to do, you should know as well as any other vet 'im quitting and never coming back' don't last forever.

Exactly!!!

• Like 1

When I forget a password to a website, I'm able to recover it by receiving a temp or new password via email.  When someone wants to change an avatar's email, something similar needs to happen for the current owner to authorize the change.  The current owner needs to provide the temp or new password to the new owner.

I'm posting this in Suggestions.

Edited by Galatyn
  • Like 3

giving my password to someone i only know online totally wouldnt have a huge chance to end sketchily right guys??

Can it not just be made that all "traded" accounts, bought sold or "lent" have to do so through the forums officially with a paper trail, then ban all characters not shared or traded this way.

11 minutes ago, Soleca said:

Edited by Rolandt
Done this is stupid

4 minutes ago, Rolandt said:

Assuming you mean "don't, this is stupid", then no it isn't. It stops all the unnecessary whining, reassures people about corruption and dodgyness of the game and nothing makes players start doing things the proper way than the risk of losing their account. Works fine in eve online where things are a lot, lot more cut throat and underhanded. If players keep choosing to be and that causes drama that takes up staffs time or paints the game in a bad light then harsh rules need to be instituted.

2 hours ago, Keenan said:

Double post. rip forum 

Edited by Zekezor

10 hours ago, rixk said:

Honestly.. what kind of person sells friends account? Even if my friends would tell me, that they quit and gave me password, I would hold on to the account in the hopes, that they will return eventually.. But to sell a friends account for few quick silvers at the expense of someone I care about(no matter what they say).. I don't know...

I've got no business in this thread, really, but I feel the same way.

There have been 2 instances where I was given accounts because people had "quit". Those accounts stayed inactive and in my possession and I would have never sold them or given them away because they weren't mine to begin with. So, they sat on the shelf collecting dust for the true owners to come back to, if they ever made their way back to Wurm.

Those people did come back. They also got their accounts back without hesitation.

The OP could be completely lying about whether or not she "gave" Maurizio the accounts and her attempt at gaining them back could be devious, but it doesn't really matter. The fact that he sold something that really wasn't his, just to put a few bucks in his pocket, shows what kind of person he is. 

• Like 13

Just and FYI

I found out the facebook messenger is not a good way to contact people. If they do not have the proper setting to recieve the messages. They never get them.  So I am sure you probably sent the message, but I am betting also he never got it. 

Sorry you guys have so many problems here. 

I'm leaving JK and joining this wonderful kingdom and sharing my accounts so they can make good use of them. Maybe paste the log in details in the forums. What could possibly go wrong?

Wow there guys, I was just stating that everyone uses hashes from what I've seen

Don't need to go all bold text on me.

And saying it should merit a warning for saying something that is in the game, and used by a ton of people.. lol.. need to calm it down there A+.

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Galatyn said:

When I forget a password to a website, I'm able to recover it by receiving a temp or new password via email.  When someone wants to change an avatar's email, something similar needs to happen for the current owner to authorize the change.  The current owner needs to provide the temp or new password to the new owner.

I'm posting this in Suggestions.

This was already a part of what is in the works. I'm not involved in that project directly, though I plan to incorporate changes depending on how far along things are. This is one of those changes.

53 minutes ago, Keenan said:

This was already a part of what is in the works. I'm not involved in that project directly, though I plan to incorporate changes depending on how far along things are. This is one of those changes.

Would it be possible in any way to separate the website functions (silver purchases, account actions, subscriptions and other administrative work) from the actual game itself? 2 separate passwords or even a 2nd verification system like security questions would go a long way to prevent account theft, hacking or unauthorized sales. 

I understand that Code Club are not responsible for issues resulting from account sharing, but it's a fact that part of our culture and the experience of our gameplay is enhanced by allowing our closest friends to enjoy the fruits of our labor, so expecting players to not share accounts is unrealistic. 

We cannot hide the truth that even without sharing, the security system of the accounts in Wurm is extremely weak at best. Anyone who plays the game already knows the username of everyone, given its their character name, so it's a simple matter of figuring out what the password is and unauthorized access can be achieved. I pay the subscription for a friend of mine each month, and I have yet to be confronted by any security measure.

I think it wouldn't hurt to add an extra layer of security, especially when changing emails and passwords. Security questions or a likely mechanic needed only when these changes are made will go a long way from avoiding situations like this.

Perhaps a "share" password? that makes you be able to log in and do everything except ofc change password/email or access ingame bank?

theres still risk of sharing since they can still take your items and such but actually losing the account is lessened.

• Like 2