Sign in to follow this  
Dashiva

[2009-09-09] New test client 2.6.8-1587 .. 1658

There's a new test client, URL is (as always) http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_test.jnlp

As a regular test client, we are now back on the test server.

There has been no new release yet, so the changes from http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=23387.0 are also relevant.

Unstable client

We plan to make available an unstable client at http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_unstable.jnlp

This will go to the main servers, but update more frequently than the stable (main) client.

The unstable client will have bugs, crashes and bad performance. Do not use the unstable client if you have anything to lose.

Known issues

- Memory leak with ATI cards and driver versions 9.4 through 9.8.

- Shadows are really slow (daytime only)

- General slowness compared to main client

Changes in 2.6.8-1587

* Bug detection for weird picking crash.

* Bugfix: Client crash if splash image was missing.

* More debug overhauls...

* Bugfix: Wiki search now remembers its position.

* Bugfix: Client crash on goblin 'ready' animation.

* Bugfix: Make ircsay work with the new irc windows.

* More general support for compressed textures.

* Move/rename some options to make the settings more understandable.

* Removed old browser launch code.

* Some fixes to boat movement

* Scrollbar fixes. Let us know if this breaks something else.

* Various changes behind the scenes.

Changes in 2.6.8-1591

* Bugfix: Scrollbar crash

* Bugfix: Fight window crash

Changes in 2.6.8-1596

* Improve wiki search window a tiny bit

* Bugfix: Make scroll panels sticky again.

* Bugfix: Display disconnect reason from the server when available.

Changes in 2.6.8-1598

* Bugfix: Make scroll panels less sticky.

Changes in 2.6.8-1608

* Improve tile selection in caves

* Improve keyboard focus handling

* Bugfix: Window would sometimes not respond to input until clicked

* Improve wiki search some

Changes in 2.6.8-1612

* Bugfix: Various popup bugs

Changes in 2.6.8-1619

Please enable color picking (now in the compat tab) and try it out. It will become the default soon.

* Bugfix: Some windows were invisible in an empty profile.

* Bugfix: Healthbar and target window would sometimes reset positions

* Improve color picking. Make color picking with FBO work.

Known issue: Popup windows will sometimes disappear or duplicate themselves.

Changes in 2.6.8-1629

* Preserve unknown keybinds (won't help until this becomes the main client, though)

* Support holding stuff in hands (but it's all backwards, so not enabling it yet)

* Bugfix: Trade windows were invisible on new profiles

* Improve keyboard focus some more, e.g. rename windows now autofocus the text field.

* Improve inventory prefetch. It now prefetches nested containers as well.

* Some changes to console command processing. If you use weird binds or commands and notice something, speak up.

* Don't do tile transitioning between tiles of the same type.

* Bugfix: Spell compatibility even more properly (when will it end?)

* Bugfix: All the known popup issues are fixed. Let us know if there are any remaining.

Changes in 2.6.8-1658

* Make crash handling a bit more robust.

* Bugfix: Bug with houses made lots of stuff render when it shouldn't.

* Attempted bugfix(es) for time warp issues after disconnection.

* Bugfix: Clean up HUD state properly after reconnection

* Bugfix: Another timekeeping issue, should solve wobbly action timers.

Could you please make it so wurm doesn't overwrite they keybinds anymore?

I had everything bound and now suddenly it's all gone again. For the second time already.

I had everything bound and now suddenly it's all gone again. For the second time already.

Overwrite how?

If you log on, but do not move, normally you would be kicked off after a certain amount of time.... now you auto reconnect instantly and another timer is set for log off and the process repeats. seems wierd as its the game kicking you, maybe it should override the auto reconenct or what ever?

Overwrite how?

I don't know. When i got the RC, i rewrote all numpad and F keys to have the new binds using notepad++, after that i started the RC and they got all defaulted again.

Again i rebound them all in wurm, running 2 clients, rebinding them both. Like on one client i would bind F to FARM and on the other client i would bind Z to IMPROVE. The next day it was gone again.

Today i rebound some again, closed the client, started the normal client again and the normal client now overwrote the new binds too. This is really really frustrating and annoying. :(

Overwrite how?

I don't know. When i got the RC, i rewrote all numpad and F keys to have the new binds using notepad++, after that i started the RC and they got all defaulted again.

Again i rebound them all in wurm, running 2 clients, rebinding them both. Like on one client i would bind F to FARM and on the other client i would bind Z to IMPROVE. The next day it was gone again.

Today i rebound some again, closed the client, started the normal client again and the normal client now overwrote the new binds too. This is really really frustrating and annoying. :(

Yes, the normal client doesn't know about the new keybinds, so it thinks they are invalid. You can use a separate profile for the test client to avoid this.

it seems that the chat doesnt auto-scroll down anymore

I can confirm that event doesn't auto-scroll anymore.

it seems that the chat doesnt auto-scroll down anymore

I can confirm that event doesn't auto-scroll anymore.

When an action with action timer is performed while the server restarts itself and the automatic reconnect is used, the action timer is still running (at 180+ seconds) when the client is able to connect again. It disappears when an action is performed, but the timer is screwed up (progress bar does not reach 100%) and wobbly (jumps back and forth a bit) after that. Fps formerly limited to 30 seems to be limited to 47 after the reconnect, and setting fps_limit to 30 in console as well as disabling and enabling fps_limit_enabled does not result in a frame rate of 30. No exceptions apart from connection failed messages in the log.

Unstable client

The unstable client will have bugs, crashes and bad performance.

That is highly appreciated! :)

woot my keybinds, Thanks alot Dashiva :)

Found a bug with long names also.

mbk00x.png

Is the compass supposed to fade out when you walk? Memory leak seems fixed. (Running 9.6) Not completely, but it's better.

Is the compass supposed to fade out when you walk?

It is supposed to do that as you can't get a reading anyway while you're moving. I found that to be quite an improvement.

Was wondering if you could make it so users can specify how long to wait until reconnect when they lose connection? 2 min is really long, I lose connection sometimes it only takes me 10-20 seconds to get the connection back, and its faster to just re load the client.

I tested out the unstable client, it runs smoothly (with color picking enabled now), but after a while a huge chunk of terrain becomes a single color. I've had a mountain off in the distance turn bright yellow until I did a console refresh, and the side of a hill I'm standing on turned bright red.

Also, when I move the mouse over a certain part of the screen, it highlights a HelpButtonComponent. It blocks me from selecting anything like the ground when the mouse is over this invisible HelpButtonComponent.

I tested out the unstable client, it runs smoothly (with color picking enabled now), but after a while a huge chunk of terrain becomes a single color. I've had a mountain off in the distance turn bright yellow until I did a console refresh, and the side of a hill I'm standing on turned bright red.

Also, when I move the mouse over a certain part of the screen, it highlights a HelpButtonComponent. It blocks me from selecting anything like the ground when the mouse is over this invisible HelpButtonComponent.

That's not supposed to be there...

Was wondering if you could make it so users can specify how long to wait until reconnect when they lose connection? 2 min is really long, I lose connection sometimes it only takes me 10-20 seconds to get the connection back, and its faster to just re load the client.

We will fine tune the timers later, right now long timers are useful to pick up reconnection bugs.

was smithing the other day on the main client, eventually it would only let me right click, i couldn't left click, or over over anything. i don't have any error reports for you so i just thought i'd mention it :>

The selected/targeted bar seems to have disappeared for me in the unstable client, is it meant to have? Works great otherwise.

It's been removed from the default components. You can still toggle it back on.

Performance note

Regarding bad performance in 'render sky' or 'render glare' sections of the debug.

This happens when you look towards the sun, but the sun is obscured by trees (or other objects).

It can be avoided by disabling "render glare" (formerly occlusion culling) in the graphics options.

Are the inconsistancies in the lighting a function of the client ? (I.E. two lamps same ql,paint and ql tar, one sheds enough light to be like full day within 8 tiles(not exaggerating) and the other barely illuminates 2 tiles) Seems like the switchlight command reduces the difference a bit.