1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

What raw material is used for the sandtone wall type?  made from sand somehow?  new quarryable resource?   The red brick looks especially good btw.

20x sand

20x concrete

Mwahahahahaha

• Like 4

\o/ my beloved sandstone <3 <3 <3 I was going to work on my deed this weekend building walls, I am glad this came out before hand :D

<----super excited and I just cant hide it!

• Like 1

Great initiative devs :D Cant wait *jumping up and down in one spot*

Now to wonder when we can expect things on WU - given we dont have the new hellsies with gear yet.. But anyway - just had to say I love the direction :) Some (like me) play it mainly to build pretty stuff :D 

Catapults and trebuchets should damage creatures, houses, fences, bridges and items that the projectile hits, if there are multiple items it hits, it'll just hit one at random.

Can we get clarification on this? Are you saying you can spam decorative items in longhouses to reduce the chance that walls even get hit???

• Like 9

Well there goes building on the new island for a while.  The sandstone one looks really good but don't forget about the matching parapets for them. :)   

Edited by Kegan

will the new walls at least be available in mines too or will we still be stuck with plain walls only?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, vinius said:

Can we get clarification on this? Are you saying you can spam decorative items in longhouses to reduce the chance that walls even get hit???

This is a good point.  Would only one wall be hit, or any wall that borders a tile that is hit would be damaged (like current)? 

• Like 2

Is that slate texture accurate? It looks like a bad version of stone rather than slate... 

The others are great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evening said:

Along with the new house walls, are we going to get marble fountains, benches and the missing statues of demons and dogs?

(I still have no clue why all other statues can be made from marble but these two, and I never got an answer everytime I asked).

+1

Maybe next update after walls we get more statue material choices.  So far I use marble for everything since stone looks bleh.

Great news on the wall update.  Keep people busy for awhile.  Can't wait to see all the new dynamic looking deeds.

Edited by nicedreams

Ok, so if we can have numberous skins for wall types, can we please have back wood kinds on bsb also?

• Like 2

Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness!!!!

New wall, fence and paved tile types WOOOHOO!!! This is the best news in a long time! I'm so so happy about this! 

This would be the perfect time to make a request for one of the new tile types. Something I've always wished we had, was a pavement that was a bit more organic and natural. Something that would melt into nature a bit more, like a forest pathway. The only way to do this I guess, would be using masks. Since I guess masks are already being used for making the diagonal tiles, I'm hoping it would be technically possible?

The new tile type could be called "pathway" or something like that, and an already existing tile type like the rounded cobblestone could be used as a starting point:

path.jpg

• Like 12

Better late than never, I won't be changing my buildings now but good luck to those that do, the new walls look great. 

9 minutes ago, Malena said:

Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness!!!!

New wall, fence and paved tile types WOOOHOO!!! This is the best news in a long time! I'm so so happy about this! 

This would be the perfect time to make a request for one of the new tile types. Something I've always wished we had, was a pavement that was a bit more organic and natural. Something that would melt into nature a bit more, like a forest pathway. The only way to do this I guess, would be using masks. Since I guess masks are already being used for making the diagonal tiles, I'm hoping it would be technically possible?

The new tile type could be called "pathway" or something like that, and an already existing tile type like the rounded cobblestone could be used as a starting point:

path.jpg

I would also like something like this:

Trampelpfad_zum_Michaelberg_im_Maudacher

since with diagonal paving, we already have a code in place to recognize the surrounding tiles content, it would be nice to have a path that can recognize if it has "path tiles" touching it, then combining them to one consistent path or if it's touching grass etc. and if not touching any path it could be used for decoration as grassless spots :) 
I would really like some optical "break up" of tiles, that makes it less looking like tiles.

• Like 8

house3.png

About the marble. First off, I'm so happy we're getting marble, it's something I've been wishing for, for a very long time. In fact I did experiments back in the day with DeedPlanner, trying to envision how that could look.

I'm wondering whether it would be possible to have a seam type that is a bit more elegant and royal. The blocks above give it a bit of a "plain" look. When I did my experiments, I was using the marble bridge texture as a base which I think is very nice indeed:

marble.jpg

Edited by Malena
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Miretta said:

I would also like something like this:

Trampelpfad_zum_Michaelberg_im_Maudacher

since with diagonal paving, we already have a code in place to recognize the surrounding tiles content, it would be nice to have a path that can recognize if it has "path tiles" touching it, then combining them to one consistent path or if it's touching grass etc. and if not touching any path it could be used for decoration as grassless spots :) 
I would really like some optical "break up" of tiles, that makes it less looking like tiles.

Miretta, your pathway image is actually the dream for me as well! I was just trying to work around the whole tiling system assuming it would have to be "tilable" from any direction, but your image is actually what I'd prefer even more!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Kings everywhere unite under one flag!  Lets build a house with every new wall type and trap Saroman inside and collectively throw our gold coins and glimmersteel at him until our potato sacks and toy staffs are upgraded to royal tier!

Here here!

Edited by Rudie

1 hour ago, vinius said:

Hi welcome to my warded of 1 token house and 10000 statues of boys

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vinius said:

There goes catapulting. It was nice knowing you. Skill up lockpicking bois!

5 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

The marble walls look surprisingly rough, but it's hard to judge by a single screenshot.

The marble does look decidedly rough hewn.  Marble looks best with a smooth, polished surface that shows off the faint swirls and veins of impurities.

I prefer the current marble bridge texture to these rough blocks

Edited by Gaffer
Cf marble bridges
  • Like 3

Yay for the new walls! They look great. :)  I guess I'd better pause working at my new deed for a while untill they're around. And added to deedplanner. ;)

I do miss the granite walls, however. Perhaps those can be added at some point as well?? As those would really make a castle look terrific.

As for the marble, I wonder how many players will start building a marble brick home, with some pillars in front and call it "the white house" :D

Thorin :)

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

The marble does look decidedly rough hewn.  Marble looks best with a smooth, polished surface that shows off the faint swirls and veins of impurities.

I prefer the current marble bridge texture to these rough blocks

I prefer the large matt finish of the house blocks over the glossy bridge looks. It'd be nice if both were available in both places as a marble ramp alongside a marble house would look drastically different.

On a related thought, how about houses that don't need bridges to get carts to the second floor, ramps as a house floor tile.

Coming soon to Enchanted: A new addition to Party Palace with pottery, sandstone, stone and marble combinations....if only we had round walls for the towers...

And PLEASE change walls to connect perfectly with the walls along the edges of bridges.  My OCD deed-mates get bleeding eyes every time they see those non-connections!

1.jpg

• Like 2