header.png

Milosanx on a rare trip down to water level

Hey everyone!

This week saw the changes to conversion come live, and the positive feedback has been noticed! We're working on a few things and will have more to share as they flesh out, but one thing is coming to the test server this weekend!

but first...

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Changes and additions

• Dye requirement for large and small crates has been reduced to 2.50kg and 1.50kg respectively.
  • Merchants who move on due to poor business (self-dismiss) will now return their goods and coins inside a backpack through the mail system instead of returning each item individually.
  • Cultivate option is now present on grass, steppe and mycelium tiles.
  • You will now be able to forage and botanize on mycelium tiles.
  • Planter racks will no longer fit in large storage units. Plants inside planter racks currently in large storage units will no longer grow.
  • God conversion changes:
    • HotS template kingdoms (default and PMK) can follow Libila or any player god. All others  can follow anyone except Libila.
    • As per the option for PMK libila priests in 1.3, Libila priests will be able to use the /transfer option to change to a player god deity without a faith loss until the 10th of April
  • Epic terraforming events have been removed from the endgame of Valrei scenarios.

Bug Fixes

• Bugfix:  More text issues addressed.
  • Bugfix:  Changed a number of recipes that were using HFC instead of baking.

The Cowtapult!

cowtapult.png
Those of you who follow us on Facebook may have already seen this, but we've been hard at work improving siege weapon mechanics, and first up is the catapult and trebuchet!

Catapults and trebuchets should damage creatures, houses, fences, bridges and items that the projectile hits

Clarification: It will hit ALL walls if it hits multiple. It will only hit one non wall item on the tile it lands on

The new mechanics for them operate similarly to how they currently work, with focus on improving how the physics calculations are performed and remove those weird cases where they don't hit anything.

We'll be setting up some testing scenarios such as house on a tall dirt wall and such over the weekend for you to check out, but we'd also like to know what scenarios you want to check out, so feel free to share ideas that you'd like us to setup for you to test.

Our priority is getting all of them tested with different projectiles, distances and skill levels in PvP and PvE Scenarios both on and off deed to ensure they're balanced when they go live, so stay tuned for the test thread opening some time this weekend

Variety is the spice of life
Not one to rest on their laurels, the devs have been working hard on a long desired addition to the building, new house walls!

This is a huge addition, with six new building types:

• Rendered wall
  • Marble wall
  • Pottery brick wall
  • Round brick wall
  • Sandstone brick wall
  • Slate brick wall

Pottery and sandstone

Spoiler

house1.png

Round stone and Rendered

Spoiler

house2.png

Marble and Slate

Spoiler

house3.png

That's not all though, there's new fence types to match the housing types, as well as a few additions and changes the paving!
there will be a few new paving types, as well as a few changes to existing ones:

• Round cobble will use a new item round stone (same as round brick housing)
  • Rough cobble will use Colossus bricks
  • Slate slabs will be created by a chisel on combined slate shards like other slabs
  • and some new pavement types you'll have to wait and see!

The basics are up (without graphics) for internal testing, we'll have more info on the new types and a full list in next weeks news, this was far too exciting not to share though!

Community Content

This weeks community content is about a lost horse!

Poor Rageed traveled off on his own one fateful night, and sparked fear for his safety in the heart of Ayuna, who cared for him.

Luckily though, he was recovered safe and sound!

Have you had a favourite pet?

That's it from us this week, I'll see some of you on test, but until then, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 36

Yay! Now to tear my house down and rebuild...soon.

• Like 2

New house walls ftw! Much appreciated.

• Like 1

if those new house walls are gonna come with similarly fitting bridges I'm so gonna make the scar's gates out of new stuff :D

• Like 3

Great. Just great. I finally get Kristof to stop remodeling the deed and ya'll do this to me. I'm never going to stop getting lost on deed now. :( 

Side note: It'll be awesome to make slate slabs like other slabs. Good call on that one.

Yay for Rageed getting home safe!

• Like 1

The art team rocks lately. This is great.

Now i have a legit reason for why my deed is still a dirt square with a wooden shack on it. Because i'm waiting for the new walls!

@Saroman, please, if it's possible, avoid the problem current stone walls' texture is having: mulstistory houses all look like zebras, because seams between floors are VERY visible.

• Like 1

I know what I was waiting for while I procrastinated to build my Huntington Castle - Castle :lol:. AND I can finally fix my missing slate slabs with normal paving efford. Yay!

All we need now is a low roof option instead of witch's hat looking roofs on a 3x3 or bigger.

• Like 5

I will add new wall types into the DeedPlanner as soon as I will be able to. :D

• Like 15

Will the pottery floor texture be altered to match the red brick style texture of the new walls?

The marble walls look surprisingly rough, but it's hard to judge by a single screenshot.

Edited by Ostentatio

YAY PVE Content. Can't wait to redo the walls at our village buildings.

Along with the new house walls, are we going to get marble fountains, benches and the missing statues of demons and dogs?

(I still have no clue why all other statues can be made from marble but these two, and I never got an answer everytime I asked).

• Like 3

Good work on diversifying the wall, fence, and pavement types.   Would it be pretty please possible to do something nice with the existing thatch roofing type too?

• Like 2

I know someone that will be very happy to hear slate can be used for housing and very disappointed it's not the least bit black or dark. Compare the slate shingles on the marble house to the slate house right next to it.

When it comes to fencing, I hope they add an option that is a good companion/connection to bridges. The current short stone brick wall is 25% taller (and near impossible to see over) from bridge walls.

Edited by Kelody
  • Like 3

Finally new wall types, good job team! While on the wall train how about the long requested arches and pillars?

• Like 2

What raw material is used for the sandtone wall type?  made from sand somehow?  new quarryable resource?   The red brick looks especially good btw.

Wow those walls are beautiful, very excited! :)

3 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

What raw material is used for the sandtone wall type?  made from sand somehow?  new quarryable resource?   The red brick looks especially good btw.

If it says sandstone, I assume we'll be mining sandstone.

However, this is Wurm, so we probably make sandstone out of sand and honey or something similarly troubling.

Edited by Ostentatio

Great work :D

I haven't been this excited since I was probed by the aliens \o/

Thanks for those of you who helped us find Rageed, and those who comforted Ayuna during her loss. Ayuna is a newer player and died to mobs at least twice while looking for Rageed. We offered to  just give her a new horse, but she refused to let go of her white five speed. On the day we found it, she enlisted my help to defend her while we looked for it. The trip was made longer by hunting her corpse from her previous day's death. We had to enlist a priest to find her corpse, but both corpse and horse were later found after long hours and extensive fighting.

I have to admit, it was quite an adventure. I never thought I would have so much fun doing PVE content, but I guess your experience is all the better when you have a goal in mind, someone to keep you company, and a horde of mobs to spice things up. 

Thanks for EVERYONE who helped us, including a special someone who made the whole rescue possible. You know who you are.

• Like 8

Great work Devs on giving us new house walls and pavement types to work with. Hopefully the required creation materials won't be too onerous to gather, create and apply. I noticed also a recent S&I request was applied, that being cultivation enabled on grass tiles. Nice additions and those to come as well. Well done!

=Ayes=

I totally take credit for the walls <3 xD 

• Like 6

Kings everywhere unite under one flag!  Lets build a house with every new wall type and trap Saroman inside and collectively throw our gold coins and glimmersteel at him until our potato sacks and toy staffs are upgraded to royal tier!

• Like 4