Sign in to follow this  
DoctorAngus

[Lag] Unplayable lag is making me want to quit

I had no problems before Deli 'upgraded server hardware'  for the first few days after it, it was insane lag... 30-40seconds per action or gate opening.

I took a break for a few days and came back and it seemed fine.

After todays restart it is not only back but its 10 times worse!!!!  I can barely load into the game and when i finally did after several attempts, i couldnt do anything.

I have no issues wiht my internet and my computer is way more than good enough for wurm, bar the fact that it worked fine before the 'upgraded server hardware'

Please, if anyone else has this issue let me know.  I feel like I'm the only one affected but i found one other person claiming same issues, from USA.

I changed my DNS and upgraded everything.... nothing is working and the game is unplayable.  I feel like this is a big push to join Wurm Unlimited.  Sad that is so much better connections than WO and doesnt come with a monthly fee...

I don't think it's Wurm.  I'm having the same problem but on Xana.

When I do a tracert to wurmonline.com from the US, it stalls out a number of hops before it gets to wurm. Somewhere in the Germany area though.  Ping is giving me consistently 50% packet loss, sometimes less.  This has been pretty much for the last couple weeks, although playable.  Today it's almost completely unplayable

It's always wurm.

Insande lag on Exo...  from login to when my I could move and talk was 9minutes.

[13:57:03] <Shagsangel> o/ Emma
[14:03:51] <Emmaline> Hi hi
[14:05:17] <Emmaline> Wow...
[14:05:17] <Emmaline> The lag is unreal
[14:05:52] <Emmaline> [13:54:35] Welcome back, Emmaline! The Exodus server has been waiting for you.
[14:06:26] <Emmaline> [14:03:51] <Emmaline> Hi hi
[14:06:26] <Emmaline> look at that time difference

15 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

It's always wurm.

Insande lag on Exo...  from login to when my I could move and talk was 9minutes.

[13:57:03] <Shagsangel> o/ Emma
[14:03:51] <Emmaline> Hi hi
[14:05:17] <Emmaline> Wow...
[14:05:17] <Emmaline> The lag is unreal
[14:05:52] <Emmaline> [13:54:35] Welcome back, Emmaline! The Exodus server has been waiting for you.
[14:06:26] <Emmaline> [14:03:51] <Emmaline> Hi hi
[14:06:26] <Emmaline> look at that time difference

I quest to lag out exodus has met with success!

• Like 1

Good God... can anyone official comment on this topic to validate or debunk if this is a routing issue, wurm specific issue, or our ISP?   I've been waiting for a line of chat to go through for nearly 16 minutes now just to tell people to pass my sermon up... and now it's already passed my time to preach.

This is silly.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Same thing happened to me on Cele. One of our village mates logged in and couldn't move, so he got booted. I gave up.  Haven't been back on for an hour. Sounds like it's still  horrid. Did ya'll forget to feed the hamsters after reset?

• Like 1

I have had the same problems on Release today.  Waiting minutes for for doors to open, menus not populating, very long login times, etc.  According to my network monitor latency between my PC and the wurm server is 180ms which is far from ideal but indicates that the packets are getting through.  No other web sites are performing poorly for me.

Edited by Gaffer
added very long login times
  • Like 1

As suddenly as the lag appeared, it also disappeared, for me at least.

One minute Nomad was frozen unable to move and the next a troll has me down to 5% health, was able to fight my way out of it.  At the very same time, Emmaline rebounded and the last 23 minutes of trying to type chats went through at once.

I can play Facebook games three times over while waiting for Wurm to finish one action. It's making me sad because I finally have time to really sit down and play.

Edited: And now I must check because Nomad posted before me. xD

Edited by PandyLynn
added information

Okay,  just logged onto Cele. Still some lag, but now it is only a few seconds as opposed to minutes. Thanks for looking into the lag!

• Like 1

fwiw the problem has cleared up is still happening for me sporadically on Release

Edited by Gaffer