Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Show deed upkeep toggle

So, you may wonder is Odynn going nuts again and suggesting something silly?!

No, not really, many of us have large alliance, sometimes many deeds and sometimes even love that public deed here and there, be it a market, a social event one or one you like for reasons that are yours alone.

Well the idea is simple. Allow the mayor of the deed to show (or not - turned off by default please) the upkeep remaining to their allies or freedom pals (or any specific roles). This would allow an easier management of upkeep and help us know when to drop that extra silver.

Depending on devs willingness to work on it, information can be either partial (ie. days left) or complete (just like your mayor/citizen ones) money in coffers / upkeep per month (28 days in fact) / day remaining. (Knowing that informations from the later can be found by doing some maths using the first proposition).

Nota. As mentionned bellow (and was not clear enough above), the idea is indeed for a new roles option.

Edited by Odynn
It is indeed a role option.
  • Like 14

+1 if it's a role option so you can set it to public, person, village etc.

• Like 4

+1 This would sure help me when I do my upkeep rounds for all them deeds of mine!

• Like 2

A good suggestion! This would help much for those with multiple deeds or alliance members. A setting to its display as Aeryck mentioned should be added as well.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I think 3 options would cover it, 

• Deed, Alliance, Public

This would also open the door for people to donate to "public use" deeds.  Since they will know what their donations will mean to the deed, not some arbitrary thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aeryck said:

+1 if it's a role option so you can set it to public, person, village etc.

3 hours ago, Odynn said:

(or any specific roles)

Aye, that's completely the idea. You might only want only one person to know, or all of them, roles offer the largest flexibility (and is imho the way to go). Sorry if the OP was not clear enough.

54 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Aye, that's completely the idea. You might only want only one person to know, or all of them, roles offer the largest flexibility (and is imho the way to go). Sorry if the OP was not clear enough.

I think it should be assigned by "group" and not a separate permission, there are already to many check boxes.  Just have it as a selection box on the deed settings.

+1 if this was already implemented it could have saved my allies some heartache

If we include public, expiring deeds will be cleaned out within minutes of expiration.  Coming across an abandoned deed with something cool has sometimes been a fun facet of Wurm.  I've had deeds expire, and I hope it was fun for whoever happened to come across it.

Aside from that though,

+1

Might include a setting for "trusted friends," as well.

1 minute ago, Reylaark said:

If we include public, expiring deeds will be cleaned out within minutes of expiration.

Expected feed back, hence why the roles toggle and being turned off by default. It can be useful for publics deeds... with the potential draw back you mentionned on a deed going inactive and where the players rather loot it than keep it alive.

Though, if they were granted access to that data, they probably have the perks to get something that ain't theirs anyway, or there will be nothing of value on the deed (market for example).

• Like 1

Bumpity... Because new walls features are coming in, we have even more reasons to keep nice deeds around!

2 hours ago, Aeryck said:

Can I +1 again now that I have 2 settlements?

I'll add a +1 for you.