Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

The humor of my first days in Wurm

3 hours ago, Nirav said:

Hey!  I was wondering how you guys were!  Good to hear you found a place!

Hello again there! Good to see you are still around! My friend doesn't play anymore but I have come a long way since that day. We settled in Xanadu after and went from there. 

We should get together some day and exchange stories!

The third day in Wurm I was wondering how to make enough irons to buy a new pottery bowl from a merchant after losing mine because I ran right up to a troll because they had cool graphics...but that is another story.  I found an iron vein and very excitedly told people in my local that I can now make my own iron coins!

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 4

Thats great hah! I asked the same about my gold vein on deed! I was told it doesnt quite work like that. I was dissapointed to say the least.

• Like 1

My first days were spent next to Hunter's lodge, me and my friend were trying to fortify our cave cause there were 3 "badass'es" outside with huge axes from our own kingdom killing everybody. I remember repeatedly asking my friend "Are the chain boots ready???" .... little did little timmy know boots don't protect your head...

Well, looking back at my first days in Wurm, here is my story - funny and a wee bit embarrassing :):

It is the day of Tears in week 4 of the starfall of the Leaf in the year of 1017. Young Yaga, totally unexperienced and confused by this new world of Wurm, is trying to find his way from a strange place called Greendog through the dense forest to the northern shore of the freshly born and almost empty island of Deliverance. From time to time he passes one of the very few settlements and notices mysterious translucent shapes, looking like ghost warriors. "Spirit Templars" they are called - but what are they? Avatars of the godlike guardians of peace (aka "GMs" ;))? The ghosts of other players who have been killed? Being all alone in this country, he has nobody to tell him...

And then, in the middle of a threatening forest, trying to avoid the many hostile and deadly creatures roaming the lands, he suddenly hears a voice saying:

[10:30:49] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Young black wolf!

So, there seems to be someone out there trying to help a poor newbie, after all! What's the polite way to react? Here is what Yaga replies:

[10:31:13] <Yaga> Thanks

Needless to say, he never got an answer from that templar! :D

• Like 5

In my first day (June 2008) I walked over to Dotties JKH deed near New Town and started turning her statues around, since this wasn't settlement protected at this time. She told me that I will be put on KOS, I didn't even know what that means and moved on with some people who were in local too. Next day I died at their off deed camps to a spider.

As small and boring this first day sounds, I can't get away from this game since then.

Edited by Sklo:D

1 hour ago, Sklo:D said:

In my first day (June 2008) I walked over to Dotties JKH deed near New Town and started turning her statues around, since this wasn't settlement protected at this time. She told me that I will be put on KOS, I didn't even know what that means and moved on with some people who were in local too. Next day I died at their off deed camps to a spider.

As small and boring this first day sounds, I can't get away from this game since then.

Let me guess.  You must've played Morrowind at some time in the past and remembered the Cliff Racers there. :)

Edited by Tristanc
meant to quote Brash_Endeavors' post

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who ran across a vein, in my case silver, and thought they could make coins. I remember wanting to sell my first deed and thinking I'd get big coinage for it because it had a silver vein. Of course, because I was such a poor miner the tunnels couldn't be walked without climbing. Never could sell it. I've come a long ways in the 2016 days since I started but I still blush in embarrassment whenever I see a silver vein.