Sign in to follow this  
Clatius

Tying Skill Levels To Actions Like Butcher

So now your skill level determines the quality level of what you forage and botanize. While this isn't logical it makes some kind of bizarro world sense in Wurm. 

My question is, when will butchering items be tied to our butchering skill? Everything else is now tied to our skill levels except butchering? I don't understand why this one has been left out. If my butchering skill is 20 then I shouldn't get pelts much higher than 20. Lets get it all on an even ground. Are there plans to do this?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Clatius said:

If my butchering skill is 20 then I shouldn't get pelts much higher than 20

Not really liking your *suggestion here and in particular in reference to Pelts. Always very nice when hitting the random jackpot and producing a very high level one way beyond butchering skill level. Also this would reduce the QL of meats from butchered animals, which again is a negative effect reducing in turn the QL of cooking results due to lower QL meats.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
add e
  • Like 3

The logic here, is that you dislike the changes to foraging and botanzing so you want to try and make some other skill that doesn't act like foraging or botanizing but more like making cordage rope making ( random Q even with 100 Q wemp fiber, until your high skill before it comes out good/consistent ) to be changed because you think this will make you feel happy inside...

The truth is only you can make you happy.

• Like 2

90+QL hides(And then turning them into 90+ql leather) is already hard enough.    Don't make it harder.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clatius said:

So now your skill level determines the quality level of what you forage and botanize. While this isn't logical it makes some kind of bizarro world sense in Wurm. 

My question is, when will butchering items be tied to our butchering skill? Everything else is now tied to our skill levels except butchering? I don't understand why this one has been left out. If my butchering skill is 20 then I shouldn't get pelts much higher than 20. Lets get it all on an even ground. Are there plans to do this?

Jesus christ.

• Like 1

This guy is my hero,

+100000 for this change.

WAIT!! There's MORE!

For every change this guy promotes, expect a 5% subscriber loss...FREE!

Edited by Shazaam
sarcasm
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Shazaam said:

This guy is my hero,

+100000 for this change.

WAIT!! There's MORE!

For every change this guy promotes, expect a 5% subscriber loss...FREE!

Pretty accurate, even if you say sarcasm. They keep creating window's of opportunity in Wurm, at this point everything is "unintentional by the devs" when it comes to things that have been in the game for years. Lately some of the changes are in my opinion trying to recreate the game to suit their play styles. We subscribers don't really have a say, unless we herd together saying it's bad. It's unfortunate. This is WO not WU, in WU you can mold the game to suit your play styles. I seriously don't want this game to become Window's of Opportunity Online. I ask what's the point in playing if this keeps happening.

This is bad, Clatius. I don't see the need to completely remove this random element from the game. It allows newer players to go above 20 blacksmithing, carpentry, etc. New people shouldn't be forced to have to buy pelts left over from when it was possible. Use some logic please. This goes out to the entire Wurm community, stop asking for nerfs without thinking it through! A lot of them get implemented and it sucks!

Edited by Niki
  • Like 4

-1, don't even need to make a list of "why's".

• Like 3

No.  No.  Please, please no.  I implore you an behalf of carpenters everywhere to never, ever do this.

• Like 1

-1 also. its hard enough to get high ql pelts even with good butchering skill, most changes lately have been nerfs and not beneficial to the game imho. Please dont add another ............

• Like 2

I can see where Clatius is coming from in terms of uniformity.  If A and B are similar in practice to C, shouldn't C function as A and B?

To a new player starting from scratch, and not already invested in wogic, that kind of uniformity is kind of expected.  Gives a sense of cohesiveness rather than hodge-podge.

I mean, if folks really want to "think it through," then that has to involve more than, "wow, that would really suck for me personally."  Which it would, mostly, suck for me personally.  Them's the breaks though.

Not against mechanics being revised but I think foraging and botanizing are different from butchering in terms of dependencies.  No tools involved in foraging and botanizing, for example.

4 hours ago, Bramson said:

The truth is only you can make you happy.

In 90% of reported cases, 87% of pharmaceutical companies would disagree with you.

**warning: in some cases, reading of that sentence may result in diarrhea, constipation, constipated diarrhea, and loss of appetite followed by hunger leading to diarrhea, constipation, and constipated diarrhea.  Consult a physician before going swimming in the ocean.

• Like 1

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

edit: dang, Faty beat me on this

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Clatius said:

probably never because theres no reason or incentive for this kind of change.

you also seem to have missed some very important points in your "everything else".

currently theres 3 types of creation.

those limited by material ql, those limited by skill and those limited by both.

currently butchering is in the category of those limited by material ql, the effective corpse ql. so are ropemaking, lock smithing, blacksmithing for bulk creation, carpentry for bulk creation, milking i think. possibly some more since i didnt dwell on finding them all for too long.

so your suggestion would be to nerf all of those skills. and to bring them all on an even ground also nerf any skill that has a multiple of your skill as cap, such as veggie chopping, baking, milling.

i remember retro in some thread, think it was about removing butchering from horse back for some nonsense reason, that a suggestion should at least give some kind of reason or incentive for the proposed change, yet i cant find anything like that in your post.

28 minutes ago, Arium said:

probably never because theres no reason or incentive for this kind of change.

you also seem to have missed some very important points in your "everything else".

currently theres 3 types of creation.

those limited by material ql, those limited by skill and those limited by both.

currently butchering is in the category of those limited by material ql, the effective corpse ql. so are ropemaking, lock smithing, blacksmithing for bulk creation, carpentry for bulk creation, milking i think. possibly some more since i didnt dwell on finding them all for too long.

so your suggestion would be to nerf all of those skills. and to bring them all on an even ground also nerf any skill that has a multiple of your skill as cap, such as veggie chopping, baking, milling.

i remember retro in some thread, think it was about removing butchering from horse back for some nonsense reason, that a suggestion should at least give some kind of reason or incentive for the proposed change, yet i cant find anything like that in your post.

It's about gathering skills.  You're listing manufacturing skills.

Far as I can tell, reason is uniformity of function.

Incentive is likely more palatable to devs than current players.

ymmv.

I'd recommend posting this in the suggestions thread otherwise these seems like a big troll 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'd recommend posting this in the suggestions thread otherwise these seems like a big troll 

Wouldn't be the first time a troll makes a fool of me when I give it the benefit of the doubt.  :lol:  Sure hope that isn't the case, but it's a possibility.  Kind of a fail troll though, wouldn't it be?

If one detaches from the immediate and personal consequences, how skills are linked and function is actually a fun thing to think about.  From that standpoint, if this is a troll post, I've enjoyed the positive outcome.

I do not want butchering changed but i can understand the OP. Why was certain skills changed and not others? Take for example beverages. What makes the need to change it but not change butchering. I was happy with my random beverage making before the change just as i am happy with my random butchered products now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Evilvision said:

I do not want butchering changed but i can understand the OP. Why was certain skills changed and not others? Take for example beverages. What makes the need to change it but not change butchering. I was happy with my random beverage making before the change just as i am happy with my random butchered products now.

Seconding this.

Why is a literal skill-bound skill like butchering random (perfect pelts as amateur butcherer possible, complete failures as artisan butcher possible (possible = highly likely)), while the literal random OH LOOK I FOUND THIS THING ON THE GROUND, IT MUST BE TIED TO THE QUALITY OF MY SKILL is a thing? Why?

Not saying that I'm for the butchering change, just saying that the change to foraging etc is dumb. Dye-making got made dumb.

• Like 2

The changes to forestry etc made the skills simply boring.. No more surprises for the low skilled people like "Oh wow, I got this 99ql olive at 20 skill". Don't take that away from butchering.

• Like 1

If anything, skill level in such skills should affect only lower cap so you would get only 50+ql (insert your number) items at 90 skill, for instance.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1