Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Village Message Board

I thought the village message board a great idea, kinda like a mini-forum for people to leave messages for offline players. I don't know about others, but I don't carry a paper and pen when I'm visiting neighbors and friends. Maybe the board can be stocked with them to become useful. I'm all for realism, but communication is hard enough in a global world without adding more barriers. Let alone finding a new player with the skill and tools to make the paper and ink. I know there is the recruitment board, but I'm not looking to recruit, just leave messages to others. On top of this, paper notes can not be edited.

• Like 6

I think this is a good idea. I would defenently use it . Many times been waiting a player to come online just to tell him shipment arrives on different time for exaple. Everyone dosent use forum alot or at all so the communication would get easyer. +1 for this

Yea, why not make a little inventory on them for the purpose of putting pen and paper in it. Good idea! :)

• Like 1

Good ole' UO had player created message boards but they did it the right way so that everyone could leave a message just by clicking on it and adding the message. From the start I pointed this out that Wurm message boards should be the same way, so now the results can be seen that they are seldom used.

To put it plainly, Wurm player created message boards should be the same, by just clicking on them to leave a message with no other materials required. Your suggestion is little better than the current situation and therefore not a good one.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

My suggestion is what you recommended. The option to use paper/ink as "fuel" is more a compromise. I'm not suggesting the player remove a paper, write a note and paste it, but having paper required either to create or activate the board.

What about putting a villager-accessible chest stocked with paper and pens, right beneath the village board? That's the best we could do, at the moment. 

Why not change the message board, to require improvements that use ink, pens, paper, and wood working tools?

Every time a message is posted if adds a little damage to the board from use.

Edit: My bad, you meant to modify the existing village message board. For some reason, the first time I read this, I thought you meant to add a whole new thing that was nothing like the recruitment board. Idk, multitasking and Jo don't mix well.

+1 to the suggestion

Edited by Joelle